It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your opinion on Dennis Kucinich

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I would like to know what everyone's opinion is on Dennish Kucinich. Have you heard of him? He was a canidate running for president this term. Unfortunately, he doesn't stand a chance now. Do you like him or dislike him? And why?

www.kucinich.us...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I thought he was convicted and showed a butt-load of courage. He really got out there and stood up for what was right.

Of course, he was a little half-baked on a lot of things, don't get me wrong, I agreed with most of what he said, but getting his proposals to pass Congress would be like clapping with one hand.

I liked his idea for the Department of Peace or DOP. Awesome. I think he lost credibility with people for being single and a vegan more than his strong views. Not to mention he's such a little guy. Goes to show what Americans think is important. Sad.

Well, he's still in congress doing good things for Ohio, so maybe I'll survey the landscape one day.

DC

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Oh I agree with you 100%. It's interesting how he never got much media coverage like the other canidates did. He also seems to be the only one who cares about the Chem Trails in our skies.

www.rebfile.com...

Here's another article on opposing Bush's war:
www.alternet.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
I would like to know what everyone's opinion is on Dennish Kucinich. Have you heard of him? He was a canidate running for president this term. Unfortunately, he doesn't stand a chance now. Do you like him or dislike him? And why?

www.kucinich.us...

Ok, this is coming from someone whose never voted for a Democrat in my life.. Personally, I like him. I think he's very ethical and well-meaning. He's been through a lot in his life and he's stood up to the machine when he was the Mayor of Cleveland. A small man with the heart of a lion.

Should he be President? Probably not. But he'd make a great Attorney General.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
He was the only candidate to mention the issue of our blatantly unconstitutional Federal Reserve banking system.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
He's a true warrior. He probably hasn't done anything that he can be blackmailed over. So he speaks the truth.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think honesty is a one trait that is sure to NOT get you elected these days.

The government at large couldn't have some foolish president telling everyone the TRUTH, now could it?

Silly mortals,
DC

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
At first I thought he was a bit nuts but the more I saw him (and to some degree Sharpton) in the debates I realized they better represented the average American than anyone we have seen in an election for as long as I have been alive.

Kucinich especially seems like he is just your neighbor trying to help you out as best he can.

He never stood a chance at the presidency but he would make a great cabinet member. How about having him oversea education or health and human services? Just the two positions you need someone like that in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
In one of the debates, the question was asked Al, "Do you think Bush lied to go to war, and if so, why do you think he would do that?"

His reply to the latter part of the question was, "Why do liars lie? Because they're LIARS!"

The most logical of answers available...

Used to use that on my mom...

Mom: "Why isn't your room clean?"

Me: "Because I didn't clean it."

Me: "OWWW!!!"

I'm bad to the sub-dermis!
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
While standing up to 'the machine' as mayor he bankrupted Cleveland and was almost recalled. Here in Cleveland, he's not all that popular. He's changed his stance on abortion, then again he's changed a lot for the better since serving as mayor here. I don't like his policies BUT out of all the candidates running for president, his 'story' if interesting. His life hasn't been easy and he's worked hard, very hard, to get where he's at. Im usually pretty hard on the guy, but I've given him a second look of late. Let me repeat that I don't like his policies but I probably have more respect for him that any other presidential candidate.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I mean, he was alright, but I could never really give him that much attention. He was too far left to be realistically considered for the nomination. But he was interesting, and he had a few interesting ideas. Its a shame that these people are blown off as too far left or too far right. Central nominees are starting to bore me anyways.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well, he wanted to decriminalize the herb I love so much. Just being able to say this while running for Pres, show alot of cajones. For this I like the guy. He said alot of things that were true that people didn't want to hear. It's too bad he was never taken seriously.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I never really paid much attention to him...I saw a lot of shows such as Late Night with Conan O'Brien and The Daily Show make fun of him, mostly because he was so short.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
While standing up to 'the machine' as mayor he bankrupted Cleveland and was almost recalled. Here in Cleveland, he's not all that popular. He's changed his stance on abortion, then again he's changed a lot for the better since serving as mayor here. I don't like his policies BUT out of all the candidates running for president, his 'story' if interesting. His life hasn't been easy and he's worked hard, very hard, to get where he's at. Im usually pretty hard on the guy, but I've given him a second look of late. Let me repeat that I don't like his policies but I probably have more respect for him that any other presidential candidate.

Well, to answer your question about bankrupting Clevleand, here's what he had to say about it:

Cleveland never went bankrupt. In fact, I ended up saving the people of Cleveland huge sums of money. Cleveland was in debt in 1977 when I was elected Mayor on a pledge not to sell the city-owned power system, Muny Light. Several banks -- interlocked with the private company that would have become a monopoly by acquiring Muny -- gave me an ultimatum: Sell Muny to that company or they would take the unprecedented step of refusing to roll over the city's debt. I refused to sell. I challenged an Enron-style takeover that would have left city residents powerless. I'm proud of having put principles ahead of my career. As President, I would do the same.

I lost my re-election bid -- but have been fully vindicated since. By saving municipal power, it's widely agreed that Cleveland residents saved hundreds of millions on their electric bills. In five winning elections since I reentered politics in 1994, my campaign symbol has been a light bulb. In 1998, the Cleveland City Council -- which largely opposed my Muny stance in the 1970s -- issued a commendation thanking me for "having the courage and foresight to refuse to sell the city's municipal electric system." As President, corporations are on notice that I will put the public interest ahead of corporate greed and power. Voters can decide whether they want a President who is on the side of the Enrons or the broader public.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
And it would be tremendous of kerry to appoint him and all the other Democratic presidential candidates to cabinet posts, except Lieberman & Gephart....they're just whores.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
And it would be tremendous of kerry to appoint him and all the other Democratic presidential candidates to cabinet posts, except Lieberman & Gephart....they're just whores.

I totally agree.

It's actually good that he and Sharpton have hung in there throughout. They may not have any chance, but they are there saying things that need to be said. For that, I give 'em props.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by Bout Time

I totally agree.

It's actually good that he and Sharpton have hung in there throughout. They may not have any chance, but they are there saying things that need to be said. For that, I give 'em props.

I like Kucinich but not Sharpton simply because he's good friends with Jesse Jackson. I don't like Jackson because of all his scams he's pulled with his charity ordeals. I've also heard that Sharpton was part of it and was doing it because of money.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I've never been a fan of Jackson or Sharpton. Sharpton was clearly in way over his head. He was questioned on monetary policy and he stumbled all over the place. Quite amusing. He doesn't have a clue on foreign policy, either. I just thought, in this debate, his continued comments were useful - for once.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Yeah, I've never been a fan of Jackson or Sharpton. Sharpton was clearly in way over his head. He was questioned on monetary policy and he stumbled all over the place. Quite amusing. He doesn't have a clue on foreign policy, either. I just thought, in this debate, his continued comments were useful - for once.

Oh I agree his comments were useful but I wouldn't vote for him regardless simply because of his relations with Jackson. They care more about themselves it seems then they do about the Amercian people.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Live in Ohio and think he should eat more beef.

<<   2 >>

join