It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the UK surrendering to Islam?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
With this global war on terrorism in full swing, I find it interesting that the UK seems to be catering to the beliefs of the Islamic culture.

Have the politicians had enough of this war and are caving in to the demands of the Islamic faith? Are they surrendering publicly in the guise of being more sensitive towards different faiths? The problem with this is it seems that Islam is the only faith they seem to be catering too.

Here are a list of threads on ATS dealing with these issues:

Islam will win
U.K. - Sharia law is spreading as authority wanes
Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy
Outrage at Puppy in Police Officers Hat
Schoolboys Get Detention for Refusing to Pray to Allah
Sniffer dogs to wear 'Muslim' bootees

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Maybe , the media is just giving too much attention to those events , i bet if they had never reported this , nobody would care about it , and threads about it would never be created here.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by dracodie]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I could say something like this as well:

I find it interesting that the USA seems to be catering to the beliefs of the Cristian "culture"...

Have the politicians in USA had enough of this crap of caving in to the demands of the Cristian faith?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other words, faith does not approve terrorism, terrorism is seeking for approval in faith. Any faith. Any terrorism.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

The USA is predominately a Christian nation, so it makes since, Islam in the UK is a minority. Since the large subway attacks they [UK government] seems to be bending over backwards to appease this minority group.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

i think you should read this:

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

So, who ever predominates should dictate who is to be catered more ?

That is why we have separation of the religion and government in USA, to prevent minorities and majorities (religion wise) to dictate anything related to the laws. Not good as separation as I would like it to be, but it will do

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

Whoa I didn't say I agree with it, but it is the reality.

90% of censorship is brought to you by Christianity.

Anyone here think that the UK is pandering to the Islamic faith?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hey, from what i see thru the News, i see that the UK is pandering to the Muslims, more then our California State Goverment is...

I mean, they have to wake up soon right???

Even the most far-liberal country in the world (Holland) is starting to Wake up, and do things like:

No more building mosques
No more Irianians in Nuculear Studies
Ect...

They are taking steps, the most liberal country in the WORLD is taking steps to protect thier nation, and thier culture. They are liberials, but they arent the Far-Left-Suicidal-Libs that are infecting places Like Los Angles and San Fransicko...

The world will wake up, dont worry..

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
What I see is a lot is Americans saying all this negative stuff about the UK. Like you really know? By watching media? I especially see some americans make fun of the UK, or say it's basically a crap place and they hope the usa never ends up the same lol.

I would like UK members views too. Not just views from people basing it all on exaggerated propaganda media reports.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
To be blunt, yes it is.

The Metropolitan Police has been informed By british security services that it has at least 6 terror trained operatives within its ranks.

One officer is even said to be in counter terrorism duties.

yet the police will not fire them because they are muslims and that could be racist.

As for the rest of these stupid 'feel good' laws they bring in, they pander to islam at the cost of all others. MP's in parliment even say it is right to pander to islam at the cost of all other religions - to appease them will stop terrorism they say.

You couldn't make it up really could you ?

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
What I see is a lot is Americans saying all this negative stuff about the UK. Like you really know? By watching media? I especially see some americans make fun of the UK, or say it's basically a crap place and they hope the usa never ends up the same lol.

I would like UK members views too. Not just views from people basing it all on exaggerated propaganda media reports.

Unfortunately I think you are right. There's been a lot of ignorance spouted as fact IMO about the UK from some quarters. When you listen to some of the opinions you'd be forgiven for thinking the British Isles had become one vast set for 1984 - The re-make. It's not quite as bad as that, in fact it's nowhere near as bad. Anyone who thinks freedom of thought and speech has been squashed would be advised to read articles by such people as Peter Hitchens and Richard Littlejohn and Melanie Phillips who continue to write quite provocative pieces without being hauled off by the thought police.

We have our problems here certainly, especially with crime and anti-social behaviour and over liberal application of the laws and such, and whereas I might agree to an extent with some concerns regarding fear of offending the Muslim community, I think that's balanced out by a minority who actively WANT to offend them. We are not a Caliphate yet, and I doubt the majority of Muslims are actively seeking to make it so.

You have these problems when you have a democracy IMO.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cantwara

I think it's natural the problem our countries are having with immigration etc.

I think it's something time will heal, in the end, probably after hundreds of year, most countries will probably be multicultral, I think we are living in times of change.

It's hard to describe what I'm trying to say, but I think it's something like the world will evolve to these problems, and find an answer that will benefit all sides?

NWO comes to mind, haha, I know lot of negativity about that, but a NWO with REAL good people behind it, who really want to help the world, doesn't sound too bad. But you know always corrupt people around

Off topic: And I think in the next hundred years we should aim to stop world hunger once and for all, I mean this is the 21st century, with all this new technology, all this money on wars, all this food being thrown away, why haven't we found solutions for all these people dying of hunger and thirst?

Our next mission as humans is to come together and work together to create a better world, we are world humans, not american, not japanese, we are humans. No more seperation.

I know sounds unreal and stupid to some, but I think it's what humanity needs to evolve the world in the far future.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
What I see is a lot is Americans saying all this negative stuff about the UK. Like you really know?

Your right, i don't personaly know.

I have a cousin in London, that i talk to every once in a while, and she tells me some starnge and scary things...

But, alas, much of the information that we over here are exposed to is going to be thru the media. And from what we can tell Theres no England Anymore.

Can you blame us? Everyday we look at the UK news, someone is stabbed to death because they cant defend themselfs. Or we see news stories about how the UK is bending over backwards to try to make the little muslims happy?

I see so many parreles, between the devience of the UK, and the Perversion, to what is going on here in California.

This is the world we live in, where the sickest perverts in the world run the media, and they control what we see, and HOW other countries percive us. All you see coming out of the US is Drunk-Celibrisluts, and the world must think that EVERYONE here is like that... not true, now a minority of women here are Sex-crazied wanna be hookers, but dont even have enough self esteam to charge, but that is not the majority, thats a VERY SMALL MINORITY, even here in the Heart of the land of the Perverted and devient, San Fransicko, i would say only somewhere between 20-30% of the people are total perverted sickos... and thats here, at the very core... but it is not indicative of the entire nation, overall, all of the US, probaly only 5-10% of them are total peverted sickos... but by the way the media, and hollywood portrays America, you would think everyone was like that...

And, it is by this method, that we get a picture of the UK, in our eyes, we see the UK as a country that was stripped of its manhood years ago, where the Gun Laws are so Crazy and strict, it gets the libs in a tizzy... We see the nation that is doing everything it can to kill itsslef... But is that the truth... i doubt it, we never get a glimpse of the good in the UK, the Brits that are still English, the Soccer hooligans, the crazies. I know the soccer Hooligains have more pride in thier country then any politicain, but, alas, we never see them, we never see the passion of the average englishman, all we are exposed to is that whimpy englishman, who drinks tea with his finger sticking out, and and to defend himself with his bare hands...

IS that the truth? I think we are similar, our media wants to make us fools, so they only show the most follish, in hopes that we emulate them... Long Live the Soccer Hooligan...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Yes your right about knife crime, that is a real problem, I know quite a few who have been robbed at knife point. Myself have come accross someone threatning me with a knife, but on that occasion he didn't have one lol, ended up being a fist fight.

And another worry is, if there is ever a proper strict big brother country, I think UK would be one of the first.

But about immigrants etc, I think that's a problem that will be solved with time. Some immigrants do crime etc, some of them are seperated from others, they don't hang around with others etc. Only live in certain areas.
I think that's something that will change in time and be a thing of a past.

Compare it to when americans first went to america, at first there were many problems moving in, not to go into detail lol. But now those problems are a thing of a past.

Right now we worry about so many things, but in the future we will be worrying about different things lol, it's the way of life, sometimes it's best to to not let it get to us too much and try to enjoy the other sides to life.

So yes your right, the UK has many problems.

But I would have to say that media exaggerates it a bit like most things, to get attention of course, and like with everything else if we were to base everything on media the world would looks like a very sad place, but all I have to do is step outside, breath the fresh air, look at nature, the people, and see the other side to the world that news does not show much.

By the way it's football, not soccer
lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The forgotten implications of socially enforced atheism...

Oh how they played us!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have replied to some of these threads and yes the UK is now a country bending over backwards to make other Muslims "happy".

I am not going to sprout horns and slander the religion, as it is only some that are making these ridiculous claims.

To be honest, I am down right sick of it. Yes the media only portrays the bad parts, but it is still down right stupid.

In all honesty and flame me if you wish, but if they don't like the way the country is run, and don't like the things that are BRITISH then to be honest, get the hell out of my country. And yes it is my country.. and yes I have a right to speak my mind..

The people who killed innocent people still live in my country, I pay for them to feed their children, live in a Million pound house, have benefits for not being able to work.

I am not a racist person, but I tell you what there would be no thought in my mind to get all of them (the one's who treat this country like #) and kick them the hell out.

My opinion so flame me if you wish, but I am pure 100% British person.

Oni

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x

In all honesty and flame me if you wish, but if they don't like the way the country is run, and don't like the things that are BRITISH then to be honest, get the hell out of my country. And yes it is my country.. and yes I have a right to speak my mind..

Oni

What i say next i mean in no way to be antagonistic or anything like that - i'm merely trying to highlight something, Oni, it would be helpful of you to play along.

You could look at this as my accepting of your personal code of ethics, if you liked.

You say you have a right to speak your mind, so i have a question.

What do you think the chances are, that the current mass-rejection of Christianity by modern society's youth of the world is working in such a way that Islamic beliefs are now able to spread unchecked throughout our societies?

It's good that all these kids are trying to enlighten the masses from the religious context that clouds their perspective of our entirely human reality, but what they seem to have forgotten is that Atheism represents a rejection of ALL Religion, not just Christianity.

I should have seen this coming....

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

All you see coming out of the US is Drunk-Celibrisluts, and the world must think that EVERYONE here is like that... not true

Nope , the world thinks that your nothing more that hardcore fanatics for the flag , gun loving cowboys that shoot everything that moves , and war lovers , and what i am saying are things i heard from the mouths of others.

But i realy dont know whats worse , if it his the suposed conquering of the world by the muslims , or the almost complete americanization of europe, and the rapid americanization of the middle east.
Next thing you will see , are fat arab kids with a happy meal in both hands.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It is down to the UK laws and the way muslims cry over discrimination, and because of the stupid Human Rights law they can cry over anything and we roll over like a stupid dog and let them have anything they ask of us.

I don't see how it could be down to "mass-rejection of Christianity". But we all have our opinions.

But as I just said in chat,

"I have no problem with any person who was raised in this country regardless of their colour. they are british simple. but these people who now come in and take the piss out of our laws and the idiots who run this country bow down and allow them to get anything they ask and make some lame arse excuse about how they find it insulting".

I am not directing this at all muslims, as I have the same views on British people that don't work and have nothing wrong with them.

Oni

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

Really?

You haven't noticed how vociferous people are getting these days about the logical and conventional wisdom of Atheism?

Maybe i'm just seeing shadows then...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join