It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mcains lil joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ok I have had enough, this week has been one of Obamas worst!but with all his flip flopping hes still givin a free pass while Mcain makes what i consider a pretty funny joke about killing iran with ciggerettes and gets blasted.the mainstream is acting like it was the worst political incorrectness ever. Im just sick of itI thought it nice to actually see some personality in the man, we dont get much and now hes slammed for it.I remember Oboma telling a joke about short asian people and only fox freaked out on it.GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
John McCain joked about killing a nation of people that have done nothing to us. You do realize that in Iran, people go to school, shop, eat at restaurants, go to the movies, etc, etc... Iran is just a nation of people, like us. The problem is the leadership, and the small group of radicals that everyone generalizes as "Iran". Clearly, we have some disagreements with them as a nation, and since I don't know all the little details, I will reserve judgement or an opinion on whether we're "right" in the situation. However, for someone who is trying to become the leader of this country, at this point in history, to be joking about killin' em all....is really in bad taste and shows a major lack of judgement.

Regardless of who I am supporting in this election, what we NEED is someone who has some human compassion, who doesn't view the rest of the world as a couple bombs away from being ours, or a giant oil field. We need a leader who can understand the entire world doesn't want to be American, and yes, some countries don't want our version of democracy either.

If we are lucky, we will manage to avoid a war with Iran while Cheney, I mean Bush is President. Hopefully, our next President will be someone who can show better judgement, compassion, maturity, and a peaceful resolve. If it is McCain, he needs to seriously consider what he thinks is a funny joke. This isn't the first time he's made blatenly offensive "jokes" about Iran and frankly, I find it disgusting.

Obama has had a tough week, in the media. Today wasn't a cakewalk, between the comments by Jesse Jackson and the vote he made in the Senate. The media is all over him as well. His own supporters are upset with him. He still manages to handle everything professionally and dignified. He understands that if elected, the world will remember everything. McCain is not getting off on a good foot if he becomes President. The world will remember his jokes, long after the media forgets.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kaffemoka

Ok first of all IT WAS A JOKE, and im sure when he said it he was thinking about the government, but as it turns out Mr. personality didnt think everyonr like you would look for the worst possible meaning, 2nd: McCain is very hard core on his record for human compassion, remember he was a hostage and has big time issues with torture and "killing them all"kinds of attitudes, now im a "right leaning type o guy and i wanted hilliary to win , im not happy with either candidents .im even leaning towards Obama my point is the nmain stream media wigh makes me ralph..and as far as Obama having it rough ,get real its a cake walk to the white house and ya know it

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well, Iran has buildings that say "Death to America" and have lead conferences who's sole purpose was to promote the same message. Is it really that big of a deal. I mean, all the reporters laughed.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
There are a lot of people in America that hate Arabs and I've seen plenty of pictures of Israeli's holding "death to Arabs" signs or having it scribbled on buildings. The point I was trying to make was that the views of SOME Iranians don't represent the whole, much like the views of SOME Americans and Israeli's don't represent the whole here.

I'm not opposed to politicians joking around. I like to see their personality. I do think that his comment was inappropriate considering the current political climate. And, the last time I checked, jokes about killing people, when you've said similar things before, aren't funny. I've always believed that sarcasm is usually half-true.

I respect John McCain and respect his service to this country. I don't have to like everything that comes from his mouth. This is not how we move forward towards rebuilding relationships on a global level. Sorry, but there just isn't a place for those type of comments when you are trying to win votes.

I agree that the media has WAY to much time on their hands to pick over everything the candidates say. They do it to both of them, and honestly, I think that if they spent a little less time having a panel of experts analyze ever little thing, we'd all be better off. I'm not the one making a big deal of the comment. I didn't think it was funny, but the media ran away with it. The person who started this thread indicated that they thought it was pretty funny. I disagree and felt obliged to share my opinion. Regardless of who he was talking about, it's just tough guy arrogance and I don't like it. I also disagree that Obama is getting a "cakewalk". However, it's all perspective right?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I don't hate Arabs or anyone for that matter but i thought the joke was funny
and if people would lighten up they would realize that this would be the longest war every a war of attrition by second hand smoke LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
They smoke the most god awful tarry tobacco in Hookah pipes. You can rent one at outdoor restaurants. They do not need our tobacco. They have their own. One session on a hookah would probably finish McCain off.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hey,

Got your U2U, but ATS won't let me reply until I have 20 posts. I will send you a reply when I get there....or I can post it here, if you are ok with that. I'm eager to answer your question.

new topics

top topics

join