It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Gates: Iran missile test proves Tehran is a threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

AP Gates: Iran missile test proves Tehran is a threat

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Robert Gates says Iran's missile test bolsters the U.S. argument that Tehran is a threat. He also says it counters Russia's case against the need for a missile defense system in Europe.

Gates says the U.S. has said for some time that there is a real threat Iran could develop long-range missiles to use against Europe. He says Tehran's launch of several missiles Wednesday helps make that point.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well no $%&% Sherlock! Did the US really need this test to confirm that Iran could hit Israel and Europe with missiles?

And how convenient that the US is trying to put up a missile shield for just such a purpose.

Geeesh...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I think something else Gates ignores, maybe they developed this because of the threats against them. DUUUUUHHHHH Gates

A kid gets bullied, and threatened, and you wonder why he starts to attend karate class.

lol

It makes me laugh that we will just have to buy that propaganda crap, because really there isn't much we can do about it.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I dont think the US Government needed conformation of this, as they have been saying this for a few years now that Iran has the capability to do this. It was other countries, and some within our own country, that wouldn't listen, or believe it.

The Iran Government is a threat to the world, and this is just 1 more step in the wrong direction

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sooo

If israel started testing missiles it would just simply be a case of them defending their own interests, yet if Iran tests their missiles it's the end of the world.

HYPOCRITES!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Don;t get me wrong - I think Israel, Iran AND the US are all threats to the world. Just thought this article was stating the obvious and pushing us this much closer to war .

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Sooo

If israel started testing missiles it would just simply be a case of them defending their own interests, yet if Iran tests their missiles it's the end of the world.

HYPOCRITES!!!

Thank you!

Someone has the right idea! It's actually called extremist Zionism.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me

A kid gets bullied, and threatened, and you wonder why he starts to attend karate class.

-ADHDsux4me

LOL so true. I think Iran was training just like we do all the time.
We are going to war, and its all going to be propaganda.
But then again, isnt that what weve done pretty much since the begining?

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Memysabu]

join