It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Christian Stone Tablet Foretells Resurrection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Pre-Christian Stone Tablet Foretells Resurrection

www.foxnews.com

The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ has been called into question by a radical new interpretation of a tablet found on the eastern bank of the Dead Sea.

The three-foot stone tablet appears to refer to a Messiah who rises from the grave three days after his death — even though it was written decades before the birth of Jesus.

The ink is badly faded on much of the tablet, known as Gabriel's Vision of Revelation, which was written rather than engraved in the 1st century B.C. This has led some experts to claim that the inscription has been overinterpreted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Many including myself have believed this whole mess to amount to nothing other than Spiritual warfare period. The battle of Good Versus Evil. How many souls can be claimed before its over.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-7-2008 by KMFNWO]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Dead Sea tablet 'casts doubt on death and resurrection of Jesus'
www.timesonline.co.uk...

"Excerpt from article"
Professor Knohl contends that the tablet proves that messianic followers possessed the paradigm of their leader rising from the grave before Jesus was born. He said that the text “could be the missing link between Judaism and Christianity in so far as it roots the Christian belief in the resurrection of the Messiah in Jewish tradition”.

Professor Knohl defended his theory at a conference at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem marking 60 years since the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls. He said that New Testament writers could have adapted a widely held messianic story in Judaism to Jesus and his followers. “Resurrection after three days becomes a motif developed before Jesus, which runs contrary to nearly all scholarship. What happens in the New Testament was adopted by Jesus and his followers based on an earlier messiah story.”

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Aren't there a lot of resurrection myths, Even predating this stone tablet?altreligion.about.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I will state up front that I am a firm believer that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that he did die on the cross and rose from the grave three days later. With that being said: Just because this new tablet was found, who's to say that this tablet isn't refering to Jesus? There are several prophecies of Jesus' life, death, and resurection in the Old Testement. Why does this tablet have to be refering to someone other thatn Christ? And why go out on a limb and say Jesus and his disciples basically plagerized this tablet for their own glory?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by quaple_pouge

I agree, and maybe its just me, but the writing early on in the article makes it sound to the layperson that Jesus has been debunked" Do you agree or no?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

I agree 100%. I am so sick of the way this country is moving, heck the way this world is moving, trying to "prove" that God and Christ are not real.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by quaple_pouge
reply to post by KMFNWO

I agree 100%. I am so sick of the way this country is moving, heck the way this world is moving, trying to "prove" that God and Christ are not real.

I was hoping it wasn't just me. Knowing how people are in this country "Headline readers". I can just see the talk around the water cooler. Hey did you hear? They debunked Jesus?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

LOL! You are so right! No one takes the time to actually read and investigate the truth any more!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by KMFNWO

I guess you all should bring the inquisition again, it worked so well in the past; but, of course, there is mighty INTERNET being in the way now, that would be the first thing they should shut down

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

I by no means think that "the Inquisition" was an effective tool in the Christian movement. It was completely anti-Christian IMO, however, I do feel that the world today greatly "persecutes" anyone who claims to be a Christian. And with groups such as the ACLU, Christian beliefs that are actually good for the country are being stripped away.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Read "10 ways the ACLU is destroying America" by Stan Kastensmidt.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

reply to post by 5thElement

I by no means think that "the Inquisition" was an effective tool in the Christian movement. It was completely anti-Christian IMO, however, I do feel that the world today greatly "persecutes" anyone who claims to be a Christian. And with groups such as the ACLU, Christian beliefs that are actually good for the country are being stripped away.

Then you better move to USA.

Here is what our current president thinks:

Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by quaple_pouge

It's blow back to the way the Moral Majority (minority) has infused religion (or might I say their religion) into government.

top topics

join