It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritually Thinking one's self "AWAKE".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The feelings of self that would introduce someone into thinking themselves "Awake" while those around them are "asleep" is the illusion of the negitive egotistic self.

Those that think they are "awake" or "accending" or "being raptured" are really living under a world of disassociation with the whole of mankind.

This is a self willed trick that is meant to ad to the confusion of self understanding.

You think you are awake but you are not.

This is suported by cults and churches alike. It is the common conspiracy of spiritualisim.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I agree about letting go of ego. Too many are driven by that and that alone. Are you Buddhist by chance?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dedalive
I agree about letting go of ego. Too many are driven by that and that alone. Are you Buddhist by chance?

All I am is human.

Though I've been seen as "buddhist" before. I study the human psychie rather then ancient texts.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That's cool. Well, i liked your post. It made good sense to me. I dislike religion myself, but someone once told me about letting go of the ego and treating victory and defeat as the same. Those 2 bits of advice have helped me a lot through my life.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dedalive
That's cool. Well, i liked your post. It made good sense to me. I dislike religion myself, but someone once told me about letting go of the ego and treating victory and defeat as the same. Those 2 bits of advice have helped me a lot through my life.

Personally, I've found that that terms such as "EGO" can be used to mean such as that which you speak, but then again there are less negitive term uses for such a word.

However, one basic problem that people should try to overcome is that they stand in their own way of seeing clearly. They are their biggest stumbling stone. They are always willing and able to derail themselves of spiritualized quests for understanding by assuminging in falsehood that they are things such as "Awake" or "Forgiven".

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think I know what you mean. I do it myself, by making false assumptions. I feel like I have sabotaged myself in the past, unwittingly. I think that I learn from the experiences, but evidence suggests that is not always the case. If I may ask.. what do you consider to be the ultimate path to a 'better soul' for lack of a better term.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What do you consider the middle ground? What do you use as a benchmark of faith and spirituality?
I agree with what you are sayin, but I have this same internal battle you speak of. I belive different things than the majority of Christians and often feel I'm on the wrong path, due to the criticism and opposition put between a man and knowledge. For instance I am a firm believer and Christian, but believe in evolution, as a matter of fact evolution proves the bible to me, or shows me the way God works in the material world; it never enters my spiritual thoughts beyond that, it instills no doubt in me, but furthers my relationship w/God. But this opens me up to crticism from athiest and Christian alike.

Where's the benchmark?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
oh boy

this coming from the man claiming to be jesus and archangel michael incarnated

hope your ego isnt inflated from that knowledge

how can you know if someone is awake or not? and cause you say it, it is so?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Life/exsistance is a journey not a destination. Perfection is the path to always becoming more perfect in the eyes of our creator. Always pray to be found within the will of the true creative source and center.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

That very last statement is all anyone needs to read in my opinion. The world is full of religion, whos to know which is really right? All have one in common: God is a loving, understanding, and forgiving God. So, I go through life doing the best that I can, hoping that he'll understand that there is too much to decide on, and I will make my way to whereever he is. Simple.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Though I've been seen as "buddhist" before. I study the human psychie rather then ancient texts.

Indeed.

Would it startle you to know that we get the word psyche from ancient texts?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Would it startle you to know where you got those ancient texts from?

Urantia Book.

top topics

join