It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED CELL - Secret Military Terrorism Organization

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Information regarding hundreds of secret organizations within the US government are displayed and discussed on this website. I have looked all across the internet and have yet to find any information on the Super secret military organization RED CELL. I know a little bit about this organization and will start the conversation but If you know anything about it or know of any organizations such as RED CELL feel free to post it on this thread.

RED CELL was an organization created by the United States government to perform terrorist operations against the US government to ensure our security plans and defenses work against such attacks (terrorism). Richard Mirchinko, former US Navy SEAL was on RED CELL and has written a book about it. ( I have not read it). Basically all I know is red cells purpose, does anybody else have any information, data, stats, or ops information about RED CELL?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hmm I dont want to poke fun but it sounds like someone has been playing MGS2 SOL, a tad bit TOO much. This strikes me as way to familiar as "Dead Cell" from the organization connections (Seals) to the name itself.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have and read almost all of Dicks books. If you really want to know what SEAL Team six is and was about, you need to read the book. For publishing reasons, names, dates and other specific information has been changed. He started writing those books while he was in prison for doing TOO good of a job.

I have spoken with a former SEAL who has a dislike for
Marcinko, and much of what was published did happen. The books were labeled "fiction" in order to be printed.

I highly reccomend reading his books, especially the book for titled;

LEADERSHIP SECRETS OF THE ROGUE WARRIOR
A COMMANDO"S GUIDE TO SUCCESS

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
this sounds like something from a video game i played once. i can't remember the exact name but red cell if totally fictitious

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
this sounds like something from a video game i played once. i can't remember the exact name but red cell if totally fictitious

I said the same thing two posts above you. Its a lot like MGS2.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The book "Rogue Warrior" is the original book he read, which tells a lot about what they did in red cell (basically testing homeland defense by monitoring and infiltrating our own bases)..I read the book, I believe the military also warned him after the first one that he gave away too much information. I am quite sure the rest of them are actually fiction...but maybe not. Anyway, it is a good book, I couldn't stop reading it..

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
yeah I heard it before mgs2 but then I played it and it sounded the exact same, but I am 100% sure it did once exist I just want to know morea bout it

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Beginnings

In early 1984, U.S. Navy Cdr. Richard Marcinko, former commander of the Navy's elite counterterrorist unit SEAL Team SIX, was summoned to the office of Vice Admiral James A. "Ace" Lyons, Jr., then-Deputy Chief of Naval Operations. During the course of the meeting, Admiral Lyons conveyed to the commander his concerns over the vulnerability of U.S. military bases to terrorist attack. Marcinko was then directed to draft a proposal for a new unit, specifically tasked with testing the security of U.S. Navy bases.

This would not be the only mission of this new team. In fact, testing of Naval; security was primarily a cover for the unit's primary function - covert counterterrorist missions conducted around the world. In this way, a portion of the unit would deploy overtly to a given Naval base to carry out its security mandate, while a small element would covertly infiltrate a foreign nation to carry out whatever counterterrorist activity was required. This "activity" as to be very much in line with the practice of aggressive neutralization of known terrorists carried out on a regular basis by nations such as Israel and Great Britain.

In order to provide the maximum educational benefit for both the installation commander (as well as to verify Red Cell's claims of penetration - which were sometimes disputed by base commanders), it was decided that a video crew using low-light equipment would have to be incorporated into the planning and execution of each mission. This was no easy feat, as the video crew itself would also have to be able to penetrate the base in order to remain close enough to Red Cell to video its actions. To remedy this problem, three former SEAL Team SIX operators were hired to film every operation. This had a dual benefit in that not only were these men able to secretly enter the installation without giving away the location of the team, but having been trained in exactly the same techniques as the Red Cell members (some of whom they had already worked with in SEAL Team SIX) they could anticipate the moves of the team, and thus be in a position to provide superior video surveillance of the events as they unfolded.

In a short time, Marcinko chose the name "Red Cell" for this new unit (formally designated OP-06D) and set about selecting personnel. According to his non-fiction book Rogue Warrior: "There were fourteen plank owners in the unit, three officers and eleven enlisted men - one platoon, two boat crews, seven pairs of swim buddies. It was a classic SEAL design." (RW, p. 293) Thirteen of the fourteen SEALs were from Marcinko's former command, SEAL Team SIX. The only non-SEAL accepted into the unit was Steve Hartman, a former member of the USMC's Force Reconnaissance teams.

Red Cell team members were expected to maintain their SEAL qualifications in diving, parachuting, and demolition. Beyond this, however, they were given great latitude in virtually all regards. Marcinko's command style with regard to physical training conformed to that of numerous other elite special operations units around the world, such as the British SAS. There was no required, formalized fitness program. Instead, members were expected to train individually and expected to maintain a high level of physical fitness.

www.specialoperations.com...

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Maybe one day I will post my pic of Demo Dick Marcinko and the old Zedd.

And yes, after the first one...the rest are fictional accounts. His team shot more ammo in one year than the entire US Marines while they were training.

A hard core group of shooters & looters.

We are on a first name basis. I call him Dick and he calls me Herman Snerd (read his books to get that one).

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
damn thanks for all the info. Does anyone know if it still exists or if there are any other programs such as red cell today. What are some other secret organizations within the CIA, NSA, or military.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalSpecWar
damn thanks for all the info. Does anyone know if it still exists or if there are any other programs such as red cell today.

I am quite sure that Red Cell, or at least a form of it exists today. Although, not how Marcinko was running it back then, as he clearly stated in his book. It is now much less "hands on" than the old approach of actually performing recon and thus breaking into our own bases...this got certain people in a lot of trouble in some occasions. I would recommend his book if you want to learn about it...and other things that he did as a SEAL.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Here yah go www.booktrail.com...
Hope this helps!

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

damn thanks for all the info. Does anyone know if it still exists or if there are any other programs such as red cell today. What are some other secret organizations within the CIA, NSA, or military.

Wait a minute, if you are (or were) a Navy SEAL, wouldn't you be in a better position to tell us whether or not it exists?

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Red Cell is Seal team 6 excercise operations, one of their excercises they took over a marine barracks, and on another mission took over air force one in mid-air, and capt. richard marcinko took off his mask and told the president of that time "see we told you that you need better security."

Red Cell comes from the Richard Marcinko books, he was the commander of Seal team 6... Um he got a few books out, but one of my friends told me he fought on a moving boat with a terrorist to the death... and also killed someone in prison for messing with him, blah blah, i could be wrong.. But Red Cell is Seal team 6's security excercise ops.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Red Cell is very real, in fact, in Counter-strike the pc game there are Seal team 6 with a description of their origins(led by richard marcinko) it even says in the game..and SAS history, GSG9, and etc.. Play counterstrike, when u highlight the navy seal team 6, read the description...

one of my friends told me about this 4 years ago..i was surprised to be reminded of this now, thanks for bringing this up, i never came around to reading some of his stuff... but yeah the person who told me about this was just some kid in hs who doesnt care for politics, he was just tellin me some cool war stuff..

someone buy this video and rip it into divx format or something or even wmv..and put it on bittorrent and link the torrent to us so we can share this video..

www.booktrail.com...

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by boombye]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Information regarding hundreds of secret organizations within the US government are displayed and discussed on this website. I have looked all across the internet and have yet to find any information on the Super secret military organization RED CELL. I know a little bit about this organization and will start the conversation but If you know anything about it or know of any organizations such as RED CELL feel free to post it on this thread.

RED CELL was an organization created by the United States government to perform terrorist operations against the US government to ensure our security plans and defenses work against such attacks (terrorism). Richard Mirchinko, former US Navy SEAL was on RED CELL and has written a book about it. ( I have not read it). Basically all I know is red cells purpose, does anybody else have any information, data, stats, or ops information about RED CELL?

I read an article about a year ago that the U.S. Gov', admin
had a 'think tank' with only 6-10 ppl in the 'room'.
Their sole purpose was to think like a terr', and suggest
senario's. It was refered to as the RED CELL in Oz.
Sorry, no links...yet
S.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Red Cell was a divisionof Seal Team 6, but because of the leaders unauthorized spending of funds, Red Cell was cut of military funding and later was put out of service. Later, Seal Team 6 was put into counter terrorism and now is known as DEVGRU.
Red Cell, was formed to test the security of Navy Weapon Bases. Like MGS2's Dead Cell. Dead Cell is fiction, Red Cell was real. Literally what Red Cell did was sneak into Navy Bases and like in a paintball or airsoft game, referries would be there secretly and tell who was out and who was not. Red Cell did many things for Navy Security. Sadly, they are non-existent today.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Wait a minute, if you are (or were) a Navy SEAL, wouldn't you be in a better position to tell us whether or not it exists?

Exactly, LT. I have PM'd him before, and he told me that he isn't even in the military yet (but he plans to join and go to BUD/S).
Riiiight. , NAVSPECWARWANNBE, you know that? This is the last time I will tell you this, so listen carefully. You are playing with fire, and it is about to totally melt your sorry-self. REMOVE your custom line immediately or deadly force will be authorized, and CAN and SHOULD be used. mad:...and you are a disgrace. You haven't EARNED the right to call yourself a SEAL, . I went through hell and back for what you will never have. People like you do not belong on a TEAM, you know why? Because you'll get someone or yourself killed, and compromise a mission.

SILENT PROFESSIONAL. Ever heard that? It means being humble, not arrogant. Being compassionate, yet hard as steel. Having the commitment to finish the job no matter what the situation is, even if it means DEATH, and not bitching. The courage to do what is right, in the face of adversity and temptation. Honoring the tradition of SEALs and SpecOps, and doing everything in you're power to ensure that the reputation of these men is not tarnished.

HONOR, COURAGE, COMMITMENT.

The Navy Core Values, something you do not have, and won't have for a while at this rate.

Do yourself a favor, and save yourself a world of embarrassment and shame, and just admit it. You are a FAKE. You wish you were a SEAL, but you're not, so you claim the title hoping to gain the respect of others. You were abused as a child, and neglected, therefore you seek attention, through lies and deceitfullness. Pitifull....

Mr. M

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by StarChild]

[edit on 14-9-2007 by asala]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Wow man, you really need to take that off. Thats like saying you are a Pro Bowl QB when you never even played highschool football.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Wow man, you really need to take that off. Thats like saying you are a Pro Bowl QB when you never even played highschool football.

Exactly. Do you realize the ramifications of this? Obviously not.

"ALL PERSONNEL FROM ECHO PLATOON MUSTER ON THE GRINDER FOR WEAPONS INSPECTION AT 0300. BE ADVISED, THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL. WE HAVE A PHONY. I REPEAT, WE HAVE A PHONY. ALL UNITS PREPARE FOR DEPLOYMENT, YOU WILL BE ON STANDBY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. BIG BIRD TOUCHES DOWN AT 0330. ALL PERSONNEL NOT ESSENTIAL TO MISSION REPORT TO THE QUARTERDECK FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. "

Basically, that means you're screwed...

Mr. M

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join