It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

RED CELL - Secret Military Terrorism Organization

page: 3
2
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Yes I did go to the website and I saw a few notable cases where someone (a guy named Nolan) used the information to their advantage. Unfortunately I feel your site has drifted away from its original purpose and the figures who are truly a threat to your "image/ideology" are very few and far between.


First, it is not my site. I am not a SEAL, though I have worked with them.

Second, how exactly has it drifted from it's original purpose? It still seeks to do the same thing today as it did when it was created, the discrediting of those who would falsely claim to be a SEAL.




posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
...How exactly has it drifted from it's original purpose? It still seeks to do the same thing today as it did when it was created, the discrediting of those who would falsely claim to be a SEAL.


Because it ousts the little guy. If you really are serious about posting NavalSpecWar to this list, then how am I to know that your colleagues aren't just the victims of a hair trigger response to any imposter however insignificant they may be?

NavalSpecWar probably holds the SEALs in extremely high regard but Mr. M (with your support) decides to tear him down for no reason other than that he claims to want to be a SEAL but is not yet there? I think the site needs to reserve its space for people who actually abuse the name SEAL, that's all.



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Because it ousts the little guy. If you really are serious about posting NavalSpecWar to this list, then how am I to know that your colleagues aren't just the victims of a hair trigger response to any imposter however insignificant they may be?

It only outs the ones who falsely claim to be something that they are not. There is no sinsiter motive there.

NavalSpecWar probably holds the SEALs in extremely high regard but Mr. M (with your support) decides to tear him down for no reason other than that he claims to want to be a SEAL but is not yet there? I think the site needs to reserve its space for people who actually abuse the name SEAL, that's all.

How is he not abusing the name of SEAL? He falsely claims to be what he isn't. People would read a post from him about a topic and assume that he has the title, and must therefore be a reliable source for information. Who's to say that he would not take advantage of that and spread false information.

All we are trying to do is to help the guy out. You'll notice that he has 48 hours to comply from when the message from Mr M was posted. If we were really out to get him we would not have given him a heads up, we would have just gone and done it.



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, whatever man. I see your point, just think it's a silly idea. Then again I'm no SEAL let alone soldier so my perspective is somewhat limited.



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Well, whatever man. I see your point, just think it's a silly idea. Then again I'm no SEAL let alone soldier so my perspective is somewhat limited.


If you were, you would be just as upset as Mr M was. Try to imagine if you worked really, really hard to achieve a goal and then someone comes along and says that he is your equal without having gone through all that hard work. You'd be just a little cheesed off, wouldn't you?



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'M BACK!!! OH YEAH BABY!!! TIME FOR SOME ACTION!!!

I have contacted this individual (NavSpecWar) by U2U and questioned his credentials. He stated that he was not even in the military, but wanted to join. He said that one day he would like to be a SEAL. I informed him that was all fine and dandy, but he needed to remove his custom line, which states "Navy SEAL", for the simple reason that it implies that that is his status. He has refused. That justifies further action.

As for you (you know who you are), you call me a sad case? Look in the mirror, kid. You really think that I go around the internet looking for people like this? Hell no, I have much better things to do with my time than that. Matter of fact, I rarely use a computer at all. (Although lately ATS has been giving me this strong urge to continuously monitor the website in order to............
............anyway).

You need to take a long hard look at why exactly you are standing up for this guy. In my opinion, anyone that stands up for a wannabe is ignorant...

And you are right, your not a SEAL. And never will be. Thank God.

Mr. M



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No I don't think so and I'll explain why. I know the military is very hard work. I can't count all the marines I know and I live near Parris Island (East Coast basic). I just have no idea what's it's like to work for the military and go all the way up. It's not my fault, it's just something I'll never go through. I just see you guys picking on this fella and wonder what the hell for? And I'll never know.

If I worked really hard to become maybe a Chairman on the Board of Directors of some expansive oil company or something, and someone claimed to sit on that board, I would know the truth and that's all that matters. I'm not a big egotist, I guess that explains why I don't get the response from Mr. M.



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If I worked really hard to become maybe a Chairman on the Board of Directors of some expansive oil company or something, and someone claimed to sit on that board, I would know the truth and that's all that matters. I'm not a big egotist, I guess that explains why I don't get the response from Mr. M.


Now using your example, that person makes the same claim to others. Soon they equate him as having the same skills and make the assumption that he must have worked as hard as you to get to the same position as you. Now how would you feel?



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
No I don't think so and I'll explain why. I know the military is very hard work. I can't count all the marines I know and I live near Parris Island (East Coast basic). I just have no idea what's it's like to work for the military and go all the way up. It's not my fault, it's just something I'll never go through. I just see you guys picking on this fella and wonder what the hell for? And I'll never know.

If I worked really hard to become maybe a Chairman on the Board of Directors of some expansive oil company or something, and someone claimed to sit on that board, I would know the truth and that's all that matters. I'm not a big egotist, I guess that explains why I don't get the response from Mr. M.


What response? Did you expect me to baby you?

Mr. M

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by StarChild]



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Now using your example, that person makes the same claim to others. Soon they equate him as having the same skills and make the assumption that he must have worked as hard as you to get to the same position as you. Now how would you feel?


LOL, you may as well give up man. Military people and civilians like me just think differently. I honestly, truely honestly do not care what people think about someone else. The hypothetical person can claim to be whatever they want, it doesn't affect me at all. They just better be able to back their claims up if it ever comes down to it.

A side note on the website: I suppose it's an alright idea seeing as though SEALs are pretty rare, you need this website to oust those who take advantage of the insignia. No civilian would know what questions to ask an ex-SEAL to know if they are what they say they are. That's the difference between civilian jobs and military jobs, and that's why I'll never understand your fervor at the exposition of insignificants.

*EDIT: Mr. M, when I get drafted how do I go about signing up to join your unit. You probably know six ways to kill me with your little finger, but I'm starting to want a piece of you.

*EDIT 2: Mr. M youre a civ now huh. My bad, I was just kidding anyway. *nervous laughter*

[Edited on 3-23-2004 by insite]



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
LOL, you may as well give up man. Military people and civilians like me just think differently. I honestly, truely honestly do not care what people think about someone else. The hypothetical person can claim to be whatever they want, it doesn't affect me at all. They just better be able to back their claims up if it ever comes down to it.


That is the whole point of that website, to oust the people who cannot prove their claim to be a SEAL. There is no other agenda to it at all.



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   



*EDIT: Mr. M, when I get drafted how do I go about signing up to join your unit. You probably know six ways to kill me with your little finger, but I'm starting to want a piece of you.

[Edited on 3-23-2004 by insite]


Oh really!!! That's just what I need, a little sparring practice.
You don't stand a chance against me, son, so don't push it.
And if you think that I am suddenly going to respect you or something because you are "making a stand", forget about it. You already lost my respect by standing up for NavSpecWar.

If you really want it, though...

You choose the place, time, and all that. I WILL meet you if you are serious. Hell, I am overseas right now, but I will purchase a $2000 last minute round trip ticket to come over there for some excersise on you, son, if you really feel like getting your feelings hurt.


Mr. M



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think this is getting a little out of hand. Somewhere there sits a little teenager with messed trousers because Starchild is threatening him. So the kid claimed something. If I tracked everyone who claimed they did web development because they used Frontpage to put out some HTML I'd be up day and night. I can't remember how many resumes I trash when I find that in there. Maybe I should start a realprogrammer.com watchdog site.

As an outsider I am aware of a percentage of the dedication required to join the teams. I say "percentage" because there are things obviously my friends don't tell me and there are things obviously you don't see on TV on those documentaries. So I could never say I know what it's like. I have one friend who's in and one who didn't complete BUDS. So maybe I'm a little more educated than the majority of Americans about the program; and maybe I'm not.

I think most people with a brain realize that not just anyone can become a member of the specop community. That alone should be gratifying, knowing you made it to the top of the list. I think you're beating up on this kid too much, but that's just my opinion. If you want to attack me now go ahead. I'm used to it. I thought this board was for discussion, not throwing professions and threats around.



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I agree, this is getting out of hand !

You guys are way off of the topic here.

By the way, StarChild, in your member profile it says certain credentials are available upon request...


sooo what are they, please.

You make all of these claims too, so let's back them up.

And you are speaking to an former Navy man here.

Also, I'm not here to argue with you and shout at eachother, just asking, that's all.

thanks



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Agreed, we are getting off topic, and at this point the only person getting anything out of it is the wannabe. He is almost back to postive points now.

Hmm, wonder if that was his intention all along?

[Edited on 23/3/04 by COOL HAND]



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
I think this is getting a little out of hand. Somewhere there sits a little teenager with messed trousers because Starchild is threatening him. So the kid claimed something. If I tracked everyone who claimed they did web development because they used Frontpage to put out some HTML I'd be up day and night. I can't remember how many resumes I trash when I find that in there. Maybe I should start a realprogrammer.com watchdog site.

As an outsider I am aware of a percentage of the dedication required to join the teams. I say "percentage" because there are things obviously my friends don't tell me and there are things obviously you don't see on TV on those documentaries. So I could never say I know what it's like. I have one friend who's in and one who didn't complete BUDS. So maybe I'm a little more educated than the majority of Americans about the program; and maybe I'm not.

I think most people with a brain realize that not just anyone can become a member of the specop community. That alone should be gratifying, knowing you made it to the top of the list. I think you're beating up on this kid too much, but that's just my opinion. If you want to attack me now go ahead. I'm used to it. I thought this board was for discussion, not throwing professions and threats around.


Dude, I'm not going to attack you, why would I? You're point is absolutely valid, unlike some other's. I'm sorry, but when people claim to be SEALs, and aren't, it just kills me, you know? It requires so much heart, dedication, commitment, courage, and stamina, just to make it through an HOUR of SEAL training. These kids have no idea what it means to be a SEAL. All they see is movies and the glory. It isn't like that. People die. This stuff is for real, and you have got to want it like nothing else in the world.

I've seen guys graduate BUD/S, go to a Team, and quit because they were scared of death. I respect that, too. They couldn't handle it, so they quit. I would rather them face their fears, than continue on for the "glory" and get someone killed.

But people like this, I have no respect for.


Mr. M



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I agree, this is getting out of hand !

You guys are way off of the topic here.

By the way, StarChild, in your member profile it says certain credentials are available upon request...


sooo what are they, please.

You make all of these claims too, so let's back them up.

And you are speaking to an former Navy man here.

Also, I'm not here to argue with you and shout at eachother, just asking, that's all.

thanks


What claims do I make? And why should I give you my credentials? Answer honestly, and I will U2U them to you if I feel your reason for inquiry is justified.

Mr. M



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
StarCHild,

he isn't claiming to be a Seal, you said it yourself...


He simply has that in his title, shoot if anything else, you should take it as a compliment, that he admires you guys.

I know that I do, I admire all servicemen regardless of what they do, they're out there fighting for us, while I can't be.



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
StarCHild,

he isn't claiming to be a Seal, you said it yourself...


He simply has that in his title, shoot if anything else, you should take it as a compliment, that he admires you guys.

I know that I do, I admire all servicemen regardless of what they do, they're out there fighting for us, while I can't be.



I understand why he admires SEALs. But after having been requested to remove his title for "obvious" reasons, he refuses. That is why you see all the fuss over it in this thread. By the way, is he on-line?

Mr. M



posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
He simply has that in his title, shoot if anything else, you should take it as a compliment, that he admires you guys.


Shoot, that isn't a compliment. It is more like false advertising.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join