It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British UFO sightings at 'bizarre' levels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

British UFO sightings at 'bizarre' levels

www.telegrap h.co.uk

Plotted on a map of Britain, the sightings can be seen to stretch from Liverpool to Dover and from Llanelli to Derby.

Whatever the explanation, experts agree that the number of suspected flying saucers has hit unusual highs this summer.

Malcolm Robinson, who studies the phenomenon, said: "Something very bizarre is happening in the skies over the UK."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I agree, there has been a surge in ufo siting, its definatly out of the ordinary, i wonder, are we being conditioned for something? mmm..

www.telegrap h.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am suprised that anybody can see anything in this ruddy weather, although a couple of weeks ago I did see a very fine Iridium Flare.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If there are thousands of sightings, then where are the photos? Where is the video? Seems to me the odds would be VERY god to catch something.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Silly season arriving early. We had a laugh with crop circles until they were caught under infrared light, they stopped for a while as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
If there are thousands of sightings, then where are the photos? Where is the video? Seems to me the odds would be VERY god to catch something.

The Sun has been hording most of the "legit" (I say this with caution as some don't seem too legit & Sun's reporting isn't the same quality of the Broadsheets) videos & pictures.

Of course with this sudden increase of sightings it leads to more & more hoaxes on youtube making the quest for truth harder

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I didn't need IR light to see something a week ago. 3.15am getting light.clear morning and under a cop chopper.. 100m approx..

So someone knows exactly what these are.. spy drones? flying cameras maybe?
It wouldn't surprise me if they were testing new ways to look into your bedroom windows.. pervs..

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

There are videos and photos out there, it's just that they are all critisized and labeled as hoax. I'm sure if I videoed a UFO and I showed it, it would be critisized as being too shakey, not enough shake, too fuzzy, too clear, no tripod, he has a tripod so it must be hoax, not enough background, too much background, the lighting is off, too much lighting, definite CGI, etc etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

There are loads of sightings, trust me. i myself have seen things i couldnt explain.. there definatly is a surge in ufo sighting.

plus there has been ufos captured on videos during the last couple of months.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It could also be a distraction, slight of hand to keep the people from paying more atention to other more worldly things like the Lisbon treaty. Aliens is more interesting, so let's throw up a few flying saucers...

It could also be the real thing though, I suspect we are indeed being visited by alien ships on a regular basis. My point is don't focus all your atention on this, there is other important things that require the volksgeist's atention, so we can keep our society from falling into totalitarism.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

It wouldn't surprise me if they were testing new ways to look into your bedroom windows.. pervs..

I used to have alot of dreams about being pursued/hunted by silent black drones at night. They had a red laser which could take you down. They were very persistent and could second guess where you were hiding and you certainly couldn't outrun them.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

I don't know about going that far.
I worked in laser tech and the size of the power source required for making minute nicks is 'quite considerably' larger than the size of the light/object hanging around this cop chopper.
I would have put it at a tenth of the size.

That's not to say that its size cant power cameras/ir or even a taser type weapon though..as well as whatever keeps it in the air.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This article just reassures me the MoD are developing some shiny new toys for the RAF, mainly unmanned.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey

Originally posted by AGENT_T

I used to have alot of dreams about being pursued/hunted by silent black drones at night. They had a red laser which could take you down. They were very persistent and could second guess where you were hiding and you certainly couldn't outrun them.

Sounds like you were dreaming about the HK-Aerials from Terminator

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I was reading another thread on stars that were not starlike and was thinking about taking a look to see if I could see it too.

UFOs are a major feature in the public domain. You can find them in books, TV Shows, Films and even celebs talk about them. I bet that there is something UFO on the TV every day of the year!

It feels like we are being saturated, but for what reason I do not know. It may be leading to disclosure, or a distraction from something else that is going down.

The real bizarre thing happening in UK skies is that we can see them! We have had some great weather this year so that might help too.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Lol that'd be something worth seeing.

I reckon it is M.O.D yeah.. just not for the R.A.F.. they're usually proud to show off their shiny new toys for war purposes.. Not test them when it's dark over UK civilian airspace.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I don't think it is a coincidence that there is a rush of sightings right after the British government releases a ton of UFO documents. Which I am completely jealous of, by the way.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I thought that the US had the freedom of information act where you could get access to information on UFO reports etc ?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

They look similar to the ones in my dreams - but couldn't tell you where I got them from though - dreams were about 15-20 years ago (don't I have a great memory for some rubbish things!).

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
I thought that the US had the freedom of information act where you could get access to information on UFO reports etc ?

It's been known that several organizations have attempted to use the FIA to get information from the government concerning UFOs. Only after several years of getting the run-around is anything released. And usually 90% of it has been black-marked and unreadable.

I would say a more reliable source would be a foreign government that has accepted the idea that UFOs are real and have disclosed the information they have to the general public. The US is still too worried about national security and it's own interests to release what it really knows about UFOs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join