It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran presumed to be assembling P2 centrifuges

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Iran presumed to be assembling P2 centrifuges

www.telegraph.co.uk

Iran's Revolutionary Guard, which has overall responsibility for the country's nuclear programme, has set up several civilian companies to work on the programme whose activities are being deliberately concealed from the United Nations nuclear inspection teams.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A number of western experts are beginning to be concerned about some new activity in Iran. Apparently the Iranian Revolutionary Guard is again working through civilian companies to set up a secret network to manufacture and construct P2 series centrifuges, capable of enriching weapons grade nuclear material far faster than the P1 series that Iran currently uses.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit for repeated word

[edit on 7/7/2008 by yadboy]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
And so the spin continues gaining momentum! How can anyone believe what the press says anymore, months ago they had abandoned all enrichment, now they haven't, and I'm sure we'll all see heaps more crap from the media trying to get public support behind an attack by Israel and the US. Time is running short so I expect nothing less than a media blitz full of lies about Iran in the next 2-3 months. Don't believe any of it!

No to war with Iran! Resist the easy option to just go with the war flow as we'll end up with another Iraq mess on all our consciousnesses!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yeah, there's been a few blatant lies and allot of horrible exaggerations in the main stream press when talking about Iran.

The main stream press is simply not to be trusted anymore. It's sad to think that the news outlets can't be trusted to report the news, but that's the way it's gone.

Same thing we saw with Iraq, only this time, many more news outlets seem to be on board for this one. (Probably because exaggerated news and lies sell more than the truth.)

If you want rational news, don't listen to your own countries news outlets, they will only tell you what your government wants you to believe at that time... get your news from neutral countries, and sometimes even compare the enemies news stories to your own countries.

People seem to have forgotten to think about what they read. Just because it's written does not make it fact.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
get your news from neutral countries, and sometimes even compare the enemies news stories to your own countries.

People seem to have forgotten to think about what they read. Just because it's written does not make it fact.

So you apply this same criteria of it possibly not being fact to the neutral and enemy countries news stories also right?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by primamateria
And so the spin continues gaining momentum!
Time is running short so I expect nothing less than a media blitz full of lies about Iran in the next 2-3 months. Don't believe any of it!

Or more likely is that it's true.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yadboy

Yeah, there is no doubt that Iran is desperately trying to assemble a nuclear bomb very soon. This Iranian regime who is always spewing hatred and wanting to annihilate their neighbors and perceived enemies must NOT be allowed to have a nuke.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

And so the spin continues gaining momentum! How can anyone believe what the press says anymore, months ago they had abandoned all enrichment, now they haven't, and I'm sure we'll all see heaps more crap from the media trying to get public support behind an attack by Israel and the US. Time is running short so I expect nothing less than a media blitz full of lies about Iran in the next 2-3 months. Don't believe any of it!

No to war with Iran! Resist the easy option to just go with the war flow as we'll end up with another Iraq mess on all our consciousnesses!

Well, I for one, never believed iran had stopped work on developing nuclear weapons. Why would they with all the appeasers working so hard on iran's behalf. The same people that when the first mushroom cloud appears will be saying it's the victim's fault they got nuked ...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

This Iranian regime who is always spewing hatred and wanting to annihilate their neighbors and perceived enemies must NOT be allowed to have a nuke.

Good onya, thats denying ignorance isn't it, just parrot what is easiest to parrot, just repeat whats easiest to think because you're not going to think for youself.

Have you forgotten about the lies told before the Iraq war?

Seriously have you actually forgotten that there were no WMDs and no link to 911?

Think about what you thinking for 5 minutes, think about why you are thinking it and get back to me please!

I'd love to hear how the media has suddenly and amazingly become trustworthy!

Whether Iran is developing nukes or not, the point is the media has lost all credibility so even if it tells the truth once in a blue moon, it has noone but itself to blame when people don't believe anything they say anymore!

They have absolutely, systematically and pathologically ruined our ability to actually know what is going on and respond appropriately!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Good onya, thats denying ignorance isn't it, just parrot what is easiest to parrot, just repeat whats easiest to think because you're not going to think for youself.

It's sad that you keep on spewing the same old tired liberal talking points. You have become brainwashed and cannot think for yourself.

Have you forgotten about the lies told before the Iraq war?
Seriously have you actually forgotten that there were no WMDs and no link to 911?

There were no lies. You do know the difference between intentionally lying and getting the information wrong don't you? Apparently not!
However, I am still not convinced Saddam did not have WMD because it is possible they were moved to Syria.

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

But I guess your liberal news media never really told you about it right?

Then we have the recent story about the removal of 550 tons of uranium or yellowcake from Iraq. I wonder what this was going to be used for?

yellowcake removed from Iraq

Think about what you thinking for 5 minutes, think about why you are thinking it and get back to me please!

Please get back to me after you educate yourself by reading my links posted above instead of spewing your liberal propaganda. Think for yourself for a change and get your head out of the sand.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

There were no lies. You do know the difference between intentionally lying and getting the information wrong don't you? Apparently not!

Thats my whole point, how can anyone know the difference between lying and someone saying something they believe is right when they are wrong. It is called plausable deniability and is used by politicians all the time to cover their asses. They ruined there own credibility by lying to us and regurgitating press releases.

Did you believe the media when it said the economy is OK?
Did you believe them when they said to buy and/or hold Bear Stearns?
Did you believe them about why Oil is so expensive?
Did you believe them when they said there were no airforce jets in the sky during the Stephensville sightings?
Did you believe them when they said the air was fit to breathe days after 911?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Did you even read the last link you posted to the MSNBC article?

Can I provide some context:

In the 1970s, Iraq built a 40 megawatt light-water nuclear reactor at the Al Tuwaitha Nuclear Center near Baghdad with French assistance. France also supplied approximately 27.5 pounds of 93% Uranium-235 [source]. The reactor was called Osiraq by the French, Tammuz 1 by the Iraqis.

Israel believed Iraq planned to use the reactor to develop weapons-grade material. On June 7, 1981, eight Israeli F-16s accompanied by six F-15s dropped fifteen 2000-lb. bombs deep into the reactor structure, reducing the facility to rubble.

From your link:

Secret U.S. mission hauls uranium from Iraq

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

What's now left is the final and complicated push to clean up the remaining radioactive debris at the former Tuwaitha nuclear complex about 12 miles south of Baghdad — using teams that include Iraqi experts recently trained in the Chernobyl fallout zone in Ukraine.

This yellowcake is useless without refining, and appears to be left over from Iraqs nuclear reactor destroyed in 1981.

There is no mention in that article of the yellowcake in relation to there being WMDs of the type described in the build up to the second iraq war.

[edit on 2008-7-7 by primamateria]

[edit on 2008-7-7 by primamateria]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So what the US is PRESUMED to be doing such horrible things that if we took presumptions to heart . There would have been a revolution YEARS ago.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The article is written in such a biased way that it makes something seemingly innocuous - manufacturing a perfectly legal P2 centrifuge - into something that is proof of a nuclear weapons programme.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Euroche
The article is written in such a biased way that it makes something seemingly innocuous - manufacturing a perfectly legal P2 centrifuge - into something that is proof of a nuclear weapons programme.

By bias, do you mean factual?
If it is so innocuous then why were they trying to conceal the centrifuges?
As quoted from the article:

Iran's Revolutionary Guard, which has overall responsibility for the country's nuclear programme, has set up several civilian companies to work on the programme whose activities are being deliberately concealed from the United Nations nuclear inspection teams.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They are not "presumed" to be assembling these centrifuges-if you believe the Iranians, they have boasted for months now about having P2's operational. Everyone on here takes the Iranians word as gospel so there ya go.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I could care less that Iran is building centrifuges, under the NPT they're allowed to refine their own fuel, and frankly I don't give a damn if they do.

Honestly, I don't give a damn if they develop the bomb anyway.

Good on them if they do, the parts of the power structure here that are so desperate to go to war with them will be forced to think twice.

I have no great use for the Iranian theocracy, but it's a monster we created by sticking our nose into other people's business in the first place. Now we're looking for an excuse to do it again.

We do not rule the world, we do not have the right to unilaterally determine who gets what technology.

We need to mind our own damn business.

Those trying to change this country from a Republic into an global Empire are the real traitors, not those opposing a meaningless war with Iran.

[edit on 7/7/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
By bias, do you mean factual?
If it is so innocuous then why were they trying to conceal the centrifuges?

Have you ever considered political consequences?

It's not illegal to manufacture those centrifuges. But the political implications are greater because they are faster and more efficient than the P1 centrifgues they current have.

If you can't see that article is biased you are blind.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Euroche]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I really don't understand why some people will fight tooth and nail to believe whatever the leaders of Iran have to say. Yes the media is often skewed and the US leader are just as full of crap as the Iranian leaders. But the fact that Iran has used this same M.O. in the past to produce weapons grade material is the main thing I take from this article. They were caught before with little consequence, why would they not try again. The U.N. is bending over backwards to find a peaceful solution to this, sitting in the corner and wringing their hands hoping Iran isn't up to what the most think they are. Give them the benefit of the doubt itself is not a bad thing, except it gives Iran exactly what they want, time to perfect their centrifuge program.

IMO (and it is an opinion, not fact) Iran wants nothing more than to produce nuclear weapons. In all likelihood they will use these weapons on Israel, and then things are going to get really bad. The economic downturn in the US now is nothing compared to what's probably coming.

edit for spelling

[edit on 7/7/2008 by yadboy]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I agree with pretty much everything in your post but this;

Originally posted by xmotex

Honestly, I don't give a damn if they develop the bomb anyway.

[edit on 7/7/08 by xmotex]

I just don't think Ahmadinejad has his head on straight enough to be trusted to have nuclear weapons at his disposal. It would be great if we could be sure the weapons (all of them possessed but every nation), would never be used, but we have no such assurances. Especial when it comes to a man who has said time and again that certain countries will be wiped from the face of the earth. Granted those statements are disputed, but that guy having an a-bomb just doesn't give me a warm fuzzy. But that just my opinion, time will tell the tale.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join