It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran presumed to be assembling P2 centrifuges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I just don't think Ahmadinejad has his head on straight enough to be trusted to have nuclear weapons at his disposal.

And Bush does?!?

Seriously, Ahmadinejad is a demagogue, but he does not have absolute power.

As far as the "Iran will use nukes against Israel" idea, frankly Israel is more than capable of wiping Iran out if they try any such thing.

If Iran is seeking nukes, I wonder if it has anything to do with constantly being threatened with attack by two nuclear powers?

Don't get me wrong, I am not hugely thrilled with the idea of a nuclear armed Iran.

OTOH I don't think it's worth going to war over an assumption.

We did that already recently: it hasn't worked out too well.

[edit on 7/7/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

You beat me to it. I was going to ask; Wasn't anyone paying attention the LAST time we 'presumed' evidence? How many lives is this presumption going to cost us this time?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Well, I never really said that Bush could be trusted either.
He may be a bit off, but I don't see him launching missiles willey-nilley though. Plus I would assume there's not really a big red button on his desk that says "Kill'em All!"

"the jolly, candy-like button..."

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by xmotex

You beat me to it. I was going to ask; Wasn't anyone paying attention the LAST time we 'presumed' evidence? How many lives is this presumption going to cost us this time?

I don't really advocate going to war, but as I'm sure we can agree, Iran won't give up their centrifuge program without a fight of some sort, and in my opinion they just can't be trusted to stick to fuel processing only.

As far as the last time goes, the links WhatTheory provided bring up a valid point. There's no way we can know for sure what Saddam shipped out of Iraq before the bombs started falling. The battleships set in the Persian Gulf for something like 3-4 weeks before the attack was launched, they had to know it was coming. Saddam had plenty of time to "flush his stash".

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The Government need to show some proof here.

The Brits are only making statements base on nothing
Where is thier PROOF!

Nothing but LIES!

If Iran was building Nukes in Secracy, We would know.

England, and USA, and France, want Iran oil.

We are going to WAR for the oil Co.

South America will be next, we want to steal thier oil to

Its all about the greed, and power grab for the oil Co.

Show the World the PROOF that Iran is building Nukes!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've got a question as I think about the Iran vs the rest of the UN situation.

If Iran wants a bomb so bad to destroy Isreal why don't they just buy one under the covers from one of their symapthetic allies like China, North Korea or Russia or another country that has the materials ready?

I guess what I'm asking is, why go through all of the trouble to build facilities, train personnel, process yellowcake, etc. etc. to build a bomb when it would be so much easier to just buy one or two of them?

I mean I don't like Ahmadinejad's statement's about Isreal and I think the man is a first class fruitcake, but I'm uneasy attacking them unless we know for a fact that they are actually producing a weapon.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by sos37]

[edit on 8-7-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
when you assume you make an ass out of you and me.
i think that sums up this situation nicely.
anyone remeber iraqi WMD?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Prima... just press the little ignore beneath Whitehouse and Centurion. All you'll get from them is neopatriotic mindlessness and posts bashing your posts but not surporting their views.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

irony... its like 10,000 nukes when all you need is a knife.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yadboy

"the jolly, candy-like button..."

Many
for the Ren & Stimpy quote

I don't think anyone wants to be the first one to use nukes in 60 years, not Bush, not even Ahmadinejad. But the more we ramp up the threats and avoid directly speaking with the Iranians, the more we risk a fatal miscalculation of some kind.

Personally I'm a bit perplexed about all the hysteria about the Iranian nuke program, given that there's reasonable evidence to conclude that Saudi Arabia already has a small force of nuclear armed Ghauri IRBM's, delivered by Pakistan in exchange for SA funding the bulk of their nuclear program.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Prima... just press the little ignore beneath Whitehouse and Centurion. All you'll get from them is neopatriotic mindlessness and posts bashing your posts but not surporting their views.

Go ahead flice, do it. Maybe we'll do the same to spare us from your "substance", which most would just call name calling due to lack of anything else to post. Yeah, censorship is always the first and best "tool" to reach for when you don't like what others on a forum have to say and can't think of anything on your own.

Good place, maybe, to paraphrase Jack Nicholson,"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"

[edit on 7/8/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Personally I'm a bit perplexed about all the hysteria about the Iranian nuke program, given that there's reasonable evidence to conclude that Saudi Arabia already has a small force of nuclear armed Ghauri IRBM's, delivered by Pakistan in exchange for SA funding the bulk of their nuclear program.

I think Iran is just kind of an easy target right now. Their leader seems to have a screw loose (to what degree this is true we'll never know), they've been caught breaking the NPT in the past and they have a lot of shady friends with links to terrorism (again, I'm not personally sure of the veracity of those claims).

The one thing that kills me though is how some people claim perceived trouble with Iraq and Iran is all about the oil. I think this was true at one point, but it's becoming less so every day. I work for a large global engineering firm that does a lot of government work, and the US is spending a lot of money upgrading facilities to be far more energy efficient, and investing heavily in nuclear fuel reprocessing and fissile material processing. The one scary thing is at least two of the big projects I've worked on in the last few years are weapons programs.

That aside, manufactures (and the public) are really starting to get behind green energy in many forms. Geothermal, solar, fuel cells and hybrid/electric vehicles to name just a few. There's a big project Shell is undertaking in Canada (that's in the preliminary design phase) that has the potential to produce more oil than is available in Iran and Iraq combined.

Yes we're still a way from not needing any oil but what we can produce, but the next 5-10 years will make a huge difference if things follow the path they seem to be heading down.

Edit for spelling and general unreadability

[edit on 7/9/2008 by yadboy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join