It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush's greatest wish: freedom from tyranny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

www.timesonline.co.uk

President Bush has posted a message on a "wishing tree" at the G8 summit in Japan and, true to the aims of his second term in office, his main desire is for a world free from tyranny.

Hung in the branches of a black bamboo in Toyako on the northern island of Hokkaido, the Tanabata message is handwritten on a simple paper hanging with an embroidered border.

Mr Bush writes: "I wish for a world free from tyranny: the tyranny of hunger, disease; and free from tyrannical governments.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Mr Bush writes: "I wish for a world free from tyranny: the tyranny of hunger, disease; and free from tyrannical governments. I wish for a world in which the universal desire for liberty is realized. I wish for the advance of new technologies that will improve the human condition and protect our environment."

Anyone else read this and just staring at their screen in disbelief?!
Someone must have whispered in his earpiece to squeeze in "free from" above "tyrannical governments". Classic bushism right there

www.timesonline.co.uk

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi

www.timesonline.co.uk

President Bush has posted a message on a "wishing tree" at the G8 summit in Japan and, true to the aims of his second term in office, his main desire is for a world free from tyranny.

Hung in the branches of a black bamboo in Toyako on the northern island of Hokkaido, the Tanabata message is handwritten on a simple paper hanging with an embroidered border.

Mr Bush writes: "I wish for a world free from tyranny: the tyranny of hunger, disease; and free from tyrannical governments.

Bet any others that are hung there read the same, except for 'the tyrannical government run by GWB.'
Wonder if GWB wrote his name underneath . I can just picture it as "
I wish for a world free from tyranny: the tyranny of hunger, disease; and free from tyrannical governments" XX George aged 60and 3/4's or however old he is..

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Anyone else get an image in their head of Stalin wishing against Stalinism? or Anarchists wishing against Anarchy? or Mussolini wishing against Fascism?
I did.

I wonder sometimes how nice Bush's imaginary world must be. Sometimes I wonder what I have to take in order to be that numb and ignorant to reality.

If he really wants and end to tyrrany, then quit warring with other countries over their resources. The recent wars are looking more and more like Mongolian raiding parties, ransacking for profit.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
"I wish for a world free from tyranny: the tyranny of hunger, disease; and free from tyrannical governments.
So maybe hes talking about himself?

Maybe he wishes the world was free from himself and his evil selfish buddies?
Maybe goodness can shine through in an evil sick twisted selfish psychopath after all?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The greatest, Megalomaniacal Tyrant of modern times talking about freedom from tyranny?

Somebody forgot to take his meds again...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yeah, if he wants to free us from his tyranny, the SCOTUS just upheld his fundamental right to own a handgun. He can use it to kill himself, and save America from the road he has lead us down!

Please, GWB, free us from your tyranny! (Not that I expect him to do so, he is such a coward he could never face up to the crimes he's committed and take any responsibility for them. But a man of honor would take his own life. Of course, a man of honor would not be a war criminal either, so I guess my point is that GWB is a giant POS. I can't believe this idiot got elected twice! )

Otherwise, I guess I'll just be having a party when he leaves office

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He'd better leave office then!

new topics

top topics

join