It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I get a Reported Attack Site! from waytotheprofit.com when I go to ATS home page. What's the deal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
The situation will get worse, but most malicious hackers dislike microsoft and so attack the biggest of the baddies.

Actually, it's more than just that. OS X uses a Unix base in which all users except root (which isn't normally accessible by the average user) are severely limited in application installations and such. Windows basically gives all users admin privileges by default. So, you, as the normal user, have the ability to change the entire system config. And, as a normal user, clicking on links can install such malware.

Seriously dude, check your host table. And don't run hijack this unless you post your log here so either I, or someone else familiar with the app can instruct you on what to remove and what to keep.

cheers!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Erm i'm a computer engineer, mostly network security, i know what i'm doing with my poor and rather badly battered system
Sorry if i gave the impression i wasn't clear what i was doing.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I get this perforamnce optimizer too often, myself, memshock

It comes from mouse-overing certain ads at the top of the ATS pages

i havent narrowed down which ads, but am still working on it

its VERY annoying

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I had to wig out Wiggins when I got the 'improver' as I could not click off it. Not the first time either. Had to do manual reboot, run all my antispies, have three.
It sucked.
Makes me mad.
I have become much more select on 'any' linkies on board. My known people, have no problem.
Anyone else...
FOHgetaboutit

[edit on 7/6/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Oh this is rich.
The second I posted that I got his up with an IE facilitator program.
Skeptic O, you need to look into this. Post haste.
I'd hate to see stupid junk have to stay away.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
In Short, Internet Explorer is a spyware & malware magnet. If you run Firefox with the free plugin "No Script", no scripts will run without your explicit permission; i.e: ASP, PHP, Javascript, ActionScript and so on, and so on. Since using Firefox and No Script, I haven't had ONE hijack attempt.

Besides, Firefox makes IE look like a slowwwwwww old dinosaur with no teeth. Your browsing will be safer and much, much quicker if you stop using IE and get onto Firefox. .. and it's free and easy/logical to use.

Install it, have a go and if you don't like it, go back to the tired old IE with all it's security chinks and bad speed performance.

It's a no-brainer really!

IRM

top topics

<< 1   >>

join