It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I get a Reported Attack Site! from waytotheprofit.com when I go to ATS home page. What's the deal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
When I go to the myATS button at the top of the page, or the main ATS page this website sometimes replaces ATS *Snip* What's up with this? The message from the site says this:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at waytotheprofit.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

It gives you three options:

Get me out of here! Why is this site blocked? Ignore this Warning.

Government after ATS?

[edit on 5-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It is possible that you scrolled over an Ad on your way to the stated destinations.

That said, I have experienced a couple of odd happenings after clicking on your link and will forethwith edit out the link....It seems that something was installed on my computer making it impossible to press the apostrophe button without a bar showing up at the bottom of my screen with a "Quick Find" option...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Do not click on that link...It remains only until I can get someone to copy it...as that function is now gone for me...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
yeah, I would advise everyone not to click that link in the OP.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
HA!!

It tells you that the site 'wayoftheprofit.com' is an attack site, and you post said attack site as a link in the OP. How funny is that?!

Firefox 3 protects you from the site's attack, but not everyone has that particular browser.

I recommend cleaning up your stuff.

Are you being redirected or does it go immediately to wayof....

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Okay, my issues are cleared and the link is gone.

Essentially, the link sent me into a loop of windows imploring me to install "performance optimizer" from "performance optimizer.com....Not cool.

jca, we are investigating your situation and will get back to you, however, I think it is a combination of scrolling over an Ad and your browser configuration....

I never recieved the "Attack Site" message, which leads me to think it is a something to do with your browser...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hmmmm.....

Very odd. Maybe I should run an anti-spy ware check. Sorry If that link installed some unnecessary programs, were not my intentions. I get re-directed to that site. When I go to ATS. I do not click on any ads! I do use Mozilla Firefox 3. Not sure if that's it or not. I have cleared all the cookies, and things like that. So I am not sure what the problem is.

sty

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
guys , please give it a try and install Linux on your computer. Ubuntu Linux or Suse Linux are good versions to start with , you can have dual boot when you start your computer; it means that you when you start your computer you will be asked if you want to boot Linux or Windows. Linux is free, it wont cost you a cent! Good link with more info here:

www.linux.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
Hmmmm.....

Very odd. Maybe I should run an anti-spy ware check. Sorry If that link installed some unnecessary programs, were not my intentions. I get re-directed to that site. When I go to ATS. I do not click on any ads! I do use Mozilla Firefox 3. Not sure if that's it or not. I have cleared all the cookies, and things like that. So I am not sure what the problem is.

Odd indeed. Though, I have noticed a proliferation of Ads that will initiate activity if you merely scroll over them....something to ponder.

I definitely recommend running an anti-spy ware check...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I had an odd happening when booting up puter this afternoon. I went to yahoo generic page as opposed to my home page. Going to run all my junk to see if I am compromised.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I ran a couple of different spy ware programs and got nothing. Odd....

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
check your host table. You may have ATS set to forward to a different IP address

This might be better placed in the computer forum. That way people who are in the IT know might be able to help out a bit better.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I had a thread on this started on 28jun and someone was nice to move it over to the cricket chirping section of BelowtopSecret.com.

It is a security issue but no one seems to understand that, after all, I was told it was my computer's fault and a computer issue.

If you want to see the thread you know what to do.

The real problem, other than windoze, is Firefox is a browser not everyone uses or understands it features.

Good luck with your thread, maybe a few more will see it before it gets moved.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I had something pop up when I logged onto ATS a little over a week ago and I have very good security for my PC. I stayed off ATS for a bit thinking the whole site was bugged but later everything was fine.

I just had to buy a new security software because I was getting to many false positives and what I found is that Kaspersky Anti-Virus is making them up because they have viruses listed on their site that not one other company or expert say is a real virus. I had Cyberscrub Anti-Virus that is powered by the Kaspersky engine. Kaspersky made up this certain Trojan virus then they did not send a fix for it to the Cyberscrub people so we all got this warning but no fix.

After doing a ton of research I went with the NOD32 Smart Security software that is hands down the best on the market. It is a great deal and it is very simple to use. I highly recommend it.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Lol,did you click on it?lol

Yea I hate those darn things.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have a mac

enough said

I used to have so many issues with Microsoft it was just outrageous. But I haven't been really having any issues with my lovely Mac Computer.

I bet it dies tomorrow .

sty

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I am using Linux for more than 2 years by now , and i never got any single issue . You do not even need an anti-virus , a firewall, you do not need to pay etc. Mac is good too, however it costs money and I am not that rich to buy it haha.. so I use Linux that is quite friendly with the old computers + it is free

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Suggest people also run 'Hijackthis!', which will look at your add ons and other browser problems.

Google on the name and you'll find the site.

If nothing else it will rule out browser hijacks and bad .dlls.

HTH.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I have a mac

enough said

I used to have so many issues with Microsoft it was just outrageous. But I haven't been really having any issues with my lovely Mac Computer.

You have no issues with your MAC because no one writes viruses for them, however that's changing and a MAC virus was realeased into the wild recently. The situation will get worse, but most malicious hackers dislike microsoft and so attack the biggest of the baddies.

reply to post by jca2005

My suggestions are thus.

Make sure you have all the latest updates for your operating system, broswer and virus and firewall. Then run Hijackthis, very good spyware sweeper. Also run Spybot Search and destroy, make sure to get all updates. Run CCleaner, Adaware and maybe through in Ace utilities.

That should get rid of any malware, spyware and other nasties.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I got the same thing as the OP last night.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join