Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Interesting observation of my neighbours

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
While chatting to neighbours this morning I noticed something about some other neighbours across the road from my house which was interesting.

There was a female neighbour who got into her car by herself (her two children were indoors), wound up her windows and starting talking on her mobile phone. She was in her car for some time and began shouting and waving her arms while using her mobile phone. She was visibly angry. Then another neighbour came out, smiled and said hello to us while not noticing the angry neighbour in her car. The second neighbour was clearly in a relaxed and happy mood. The second neighbour was packing things in her car and tidying her car.
Then the first (angry) neighbour switched off her phone and started to drive her car past the happy neighbour. The second happy neighbour still not noticing the first angry neighbour, who drove within a few feet of her.
Then the second happy neighbour looked up from her car boot as she had finished tidying it, the smile had gone from her face. She went back into her house and immediately got her husband and son to get into the car (her husband and son were visibly happy and relaxed). She got impatient with them for no reason, started to shout at them and then dropped what she was holding and slammed her wheelie bin lid. THAT FROM SOMEONE WHO WAS HAPPY AND RELAXED A FEW MINUTES BEFORE.

She had no reason to change her mood so suddenly.

Considering how fear and panic spreads like a virus from person to person it is interesting that the woman was perfect happy, waving and smiling before the angry neighbour passed within a few feet of her (but NOT talking to her in any way) Energy transfers and people exhibit electrical energy. Did the anger pass from the angry neighbour to the happy relaxed neighbour changing her mood?




posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
She might of found something in the boot of her car that pi**ed her off



posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It does seem to have a paranormal aspect to it like some type of possession. I've heard about psychic vampires and wonder if there's some connection. They could also be swingers or wife swappers and got some bad news.

It also reminds me of the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers or similar. Been here long on this planet?

Maybe they think you're the ones who are acting strange?



posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Marsrising
 


Your Neighbor's Story:

I noticed something strange about my neighbor across the street the other day.

My family and I were preparing to go on a little day trip, so I thought it would be a good idea to clean/tidy the car before we set out; get rid of junk and make sure we weren't forgetting anything.

As I came out of my house and into the driveway, I noticed my next-door neighbor, in her car, ranting away on her cell phone. Yep, another argument with her out-of-town family. I quickly avoided eye contact, not wanting to get drawn into that again.

I also noticed my neighbor across the street, who was watching her shenanigans, seemingly a little aghast. He's lucky not to have to live next to it all the time! Anyway, I gave a quick hello and smile to him and continued to clean out my car.

So, here's the strange thing -- when my ranting neighbor finally finished up and drove off, he started watching me, like he was expecting me to blow my top next! I was a little disturbed, and got really nervous all of a sudden.

I quickly finished up my car-cleaning, hurriedly got my family together (who didn't understand my sudden rush), and got the heck out of there! He kept watching me the whole time!

So my question is, I'm wondering if certain people out there can 'project' negative emotions. From the studied way he was watching my neighbor, perhaps he was focusing some kind of mental 'negative energy beam' on her, making her angrier and angrier when she was on her cell phone. After she drove off, I got the creepiest feeling, and wanted to get the heck out of there myself! Did he turn the beam on me? Is that even possible?

Can 'emotional energy' transfers work like that, like electrical energy? Thanks!



posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
reply to post by Marsrising
 


Your Neighbor's Story:

I noticed something strange about my neighbor across the street the other day.

My family and I were preparing to go on a little day trip, so I thought it would be a good idea to clean/tidy the car before we set out; get rid of junk and make sure we weren't forgetting anything.

As I came out of my house and into the driveway, I noticed my next-door neighbor, in her car, ranting away on her cell phone. Yep, another argument with her out-of-town family. I quickly avoided eye contact, not wanting to get drawn into that again.

I also noticed my neighbor across the street, who was watching her shenanigans, seemingly a little aghast. He's lucky not to have to live next to it all the time! Anyway, I gave a quick hello and smile to him and continued to clean out my car.

So, here's the strange thing -- when my ranting neighbor finally finished up and drove off, he started watching me, like he was expecting me to blow my top next! I was a little disturbed, and got really nervous all of a sudden.

I quickly finished up my car-cleaning, hurriedly got my family together (who didn't understand my sudden rush), and got the heck out of there! He kept watching me the whole time!

So my question is, I'm wondering if certain people out there can 'project' negative emotions. From the studied way he was watching my neighbor, perhaps he was focusing some kind of mental 'negative energy beam' on her, making her angrier and angrier when she was on her cell phone. After she drove off, I got the creepiest feeling, and wanted to get the heck out of there myself! Did he turn the beam on me? Is that even possible?

Can 'emotional energy' transfers work like that, like electrical energy? Thanks!


Great twist!

This has got to be my favorite comment of the week - Love it!



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I remind you this is in the psychology forum.



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
sorry for a one liner:

Treat others as you would want others to treat you.



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by aerialview
sorry for a one liner:

Treat others as you would want others to treat you.


And what has your idiot OFF TOPIC reply got to do with the OP?



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
UPDATE ON ORIGINAL POST.

I have spoken to the 'happy' neighbour. She said she was on her way to a family picnic and was in a good mood before packing her car (and no, not surprising packing her car with a picnic did not turn her from a relaxed happy person into an angry one - as some of your idiots seem to think happened
). She thought it was interesting as she said that she "couldn't put her finger on" why her mood had suddenly changed for no reason after packing her car boot. Even her husband had commented on her "odd" change in mood after packing her car.

Just to clarify for those of you who appear not to be unable to concentrate for longer than a few words and therefore did not read through the whole of my OP before replying (which was obvious by your dumb replies) THREE OTHER PEOPLE OBSERVED AND MADE THE SAME OBSERVATION AS I DID.

I recommend that if you don’t understand psychology next time don’t bother to answer a thread about psychology - DUH!



[edit on 6/7/08 by Marsrising]



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
100% possible, I've been in Sales for a long time and we refer to it as your "Spidey Senses".. We all have the ability to perceive and react to someone else's energy fields (Aura etc etc..)

A lot of this will happen sub-consciously and people are not even aware that their state is being affected. I have friends that can read Aura's (energy), and they will avoid people discharging a negative energy.

Very interesting observation BTW..

SD



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Are you sure happy second neighbor didn't notice angry first neighbor at all?

Because there's something to what you say -- the mass psychology of crowds, for example, demonstrates that emotions can quite easily be passed person-to-person via subconscious cues or observation. That effect can also happen with only two people.

For example, if you notice someone talking animatedly on a cell phone, it might remind you of a phone call you have to make that you've been putting off, and that might affect your mood. Or, if you're having a happy day without a care in the world, and you see a bitter angry person, that can sometimes ruin your mood because it can remind you that everything is not always peaches and puppy dogs.

Most times the emotions of others only affect us as much as we let them, consciously, but there are also subconscious cues that can be quite hidden. For example, seeing things that are subtly reminiscent of traumatic childhood events -- sometimes it's not obvious at all why emotional reactions are so strong.



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marsrising

Originally posted by aerialview
sorry for a one liner:

Treat others as you would want others to treat you.


And what has your idiot OFF TOPIC reply got to do with the OP?


wow, i thought you, of all others, would understand my quick post.

anyway, I have several neighbours within 300 feet from my house. yes, for security reasons, I watch them. One of them is the city fire station.



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SD-JH543
100% possible, I've been in Sales for a long time and we refer to it as your "Spidey Senses".. We all have the ability to perceive and react to someone else's energy fields (Aura etc etc..)

A lot of this will happen sub-consciously and people are not even aware that their state is being affected. I have friends that can read Aura's (energy), and they will avoid people discharging a negative energy.

Very interesting observation BTW..

SD


At last, someone who understands what I was posting about! And who has intelligence!

Thanks SD.



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by aerialview

Originally posted by Marsrising

Originally posted by aerialview
sorry for a one liner:

Treat others as you would want others to treat you.


And what has your idiot OFF TOPIC reply got to do with the OP?


wow, i thought you, of all others, would understand my quick post.

anyway, I have several neighbours within 300 feet from my house. yes, for security reasons, I watch them. One of them is the city fire station.


That still doesn't explain what you mean't?


And what do you mean "wow, i thought you, of all others, ..." ?



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Are you sure happy second neighbor didn't notice angry first neighbor at all?


Yes, because I asked her today.



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marsrising

Originally posted by aerialview

Originally posted by Marsrising

Originally posted by aerialview
sorry for a one liner:

Treat others as you would want others to treat you.


And what has your idiot OFF TOPIC reply got to do with the OP?


wow, i thought you, of all others, would understand my quick post.

anyway, I have several neighbours within 300 feet from my house. yes, for security reasons, I watch them. One of them is the city fire station.


That still doesn't explain what you mean't?


And what do you mean "wow, i thought you, of all others, ..." ?



Originally posted by Marsrising
I remind you this is in the psychology forum.


And what has your idiot OFF TOPIC reply got to do with the OP?


My initial reply was directed to the OP. The OP is an observer of the event he/she recalls. Sorry I was OT.



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SD-JH543
100% possible, I've been in Sales for a long time and we refer to it as your "Spidey Senses".. We all have the ability to perceive and react to someone else's energy fields (Aura etc etc..)

A lot of this will happen sub-consciously and people are not even aware that their state is being affected. I have friends that can read Aura's (energy), and they will avoid people discharging a negative energy.

Very interesting observation BTW..

SD


I was in customer support at a retail chain for 9 years (lawn & garden). 1981-1989. Saw some angry people.

First impression is long lasting.

I did not like sales.



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You see emotions cross through crowds all the time at concerts and sporting events. It makes sense that it could also happen in small groups as well.



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aerialview


My initial reply was directed to the OP. The OP is an observer of the event he/she recalls. Sorry I was OT.



I am the person who posted the OP. I still don't understand what you are saying?



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
You see emotions cross through crowds all the time at concerts and sporting events. It makes sense that it could also happen in small groups as well.


Which is one of reasons people like going to large concerts and sporting events.

And it is one of the reasons why violence spreads at football games and other sporting events.





new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join