It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Flashes in the night sky ,what are they,and have you seen them?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CommanderSinclair

Mate ive seen the exact same thing... green flashes in the night sky, and they sometimes light up the whole sky (but they originate from a point in the sky)

I have witnessed this phenomenon many times on cloudless nights with friends and family... yet no one knows what it is.

I have seen this phenomenon 30minutes before a ufo sighting. This is just speculation but maybe what we are witnessing is a craft entering our atmosphere... or possibly our dimension?

If anybody has more info regarding this subject... by all means, share with us.

Thank you to the OP for starting up this thread, im glad others have seen this too!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I too saw a flash, it was 6 months back. I was just coming outside to walk my dog and looked at the night sky, just 500 feet above the trees about a mile away i saw a bright white flash about 50 feet across. I was saying to myself, what the hell was that? so i watched for several minutes more around the sky, nothing. It made no sound. weird.

This was a week after i saw my green UFO hovering and then streak across the sky.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Optix]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I saw flashes and crafts crossing them on two ocasions in may and june in middle europe!
They looked like camera flashes from our near earth orbit.
I spoted over 6 flashes in under 30mins of stargazing, they dont appear randomly.
It looked like a controlled test or something else.
By the way, I saw a two point craft who crossed the path of these flashes!
The two point or dot to dot crafts look like small white/silver stars in our earth orbit, they fly in a formation. You could draw a line between them. They keep their distance and speed at the same range all the time.
Back to the flash thing, they look always the same, like manufactured!
Maybe a goverment is testing a space weapon or whatever.
They are huge and bright, not big, but tall in size.
The Flashes are tall and slim, there colour is Dark Blue and White.
They appear only in a clear night sky so far.
And they look always the same, in seize/height and brightness/colour etc.
I think the two point craft's are the key!
They have something in common.

Something is going on since May, the UFO sightings are increased since then.

Just Speculation
But my oppinion is that the flashes are from Satellites who test or use a sort of Space Weapons (possible against crafts).

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I am in Tampa right now. JULY 4th and there is a bright object in the south sky, that is spinning when viewed through binoculars, anyone else in Tampa?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I saw many a flash tonight, red ones, white ones, and blue ones. It was quite strange, I must admit.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I have see these flashes here in the centre of the UK for the last few years now.
They do look just like a camera flash, coming from the middle of nowhere.

And I have usually been with someone, they have seen it aswell, so it lets me know it is not just my imagination.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

TY OP for starting this thread. I saw exactly what you've described on June 22 at around 12:30 am. My Girlfriend and I went for a walk up to a school in our area, and decided to take a rest once we got there. I had said to her "we should watch the sky for a bit, I've been reading about an increase in strange sightings lately". We sat for about 10 minutes and saw a satellite at one point...nothing special. Then just randomly gazing, I saw out of the corner of my eye a very rapid flash "above" the big dipper(not quite above our heads, but still quite high in the sky). My girlfriend didn't see the first flash, but my "holy crap" quickly brought her attention back skyward. After about 30-40 seconds later, another flash, this time though farther east than the first(about the distance between thumb and index finger with arm stretched out). We both saw the second flash, so I knew I wasn't seeing things at that point. Then, where we expected to see another flash, we saw a dim light slowly moving west and thought that might be the same thing. It didn't streak across the sky or anything, just moved in one direction steadily....until we saw a third flash along the approximate line I'd assumed it'd been heading. This made me think the "dim light" was just a satellite like the one earlier, until it started to get ALOT brighter...almost in response to the flashing light. It grew in intensity for about 5 seconds, and then started to dim again, moving east the whole time. We watched for another half hour, but saw nothing.

Now, almost 2 weeks later, someone almost halfway around the world describing the same kind of phenomenon shocked the hell outa me to the point where it brought a tear to my eye. I just started coming to ATS about a month ago after someone from work suggested it to me, and I've already found others who've had similar experiences to me.

Thanks ATS for existing, and thanks tarifa37 for starting this thread.

FYI, I'm in the Western Canada, about 3 hours from Vancouver

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nizzmo

Bingo!

I would urge all of you that see these flashes keep looking in that general area for a minute or two after you see it. These flashes often times will have an object exiting from them and zipping off. I have seen it happen too many times to count. Either that, or it will flash multiple times within a minute.

My feeling is that they are creating some sort of energetic or dimensional doorway, ripping open the fabric of space, then shooting through it into our medium.

Keep your eyes peeled folks, I am quite encouraged to see everyone starting to see these things!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I live in sherwood forest area and see the flashes a lot on damp misty nights above the woods i thought they could be some form of electrical discharge due to the damp conditions.
As they only seem to be there when its wet never seen any of the same flashes when its clear and dry.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I aswell am really glad you posted this thread, see my thread I wrote about seeing something similiar and tell me if it like what you saw:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I've seen what many of you are talking about also. Here in my neck of the woods we call it 'Heat Lightning'. I've always assumed it was just lightning in the sky with no sound. Supposedly it is lightning that is further than 10 miles away and so you don't hear the boom you just see the flash. Least that is what they say it is here.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
OK, dude this happen 3 months ago or something playing Crysis when my Dad calls me out and when I walk out of the house I see light in the sky but not ordinary light they looked like an atom and it was moving like an atom too. so I'm like
and it stays there for like 20 minuets then it slowly fades away into the sky like it was lifted away.And nobody has posted a sighting like this so dose anyone have any theories? (i know this is very very hard to believe!)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Much of this post is lifted from a reply I made to someone else who had seen a flare in another thread. I assumed that we'd both seen the same flare - It now seems that that they are quite common at the moment.

I saw one of these flashes from south east Essex, England on the 29th June at about 0200 (BST). It was just to the east of Cassiopeia in Cygnus. What drew my attention was that I was watching a satellite (unusual because it was red - I get to see a lot of satellites as an amateur astronomer, but never a red one before!) and immediately above the satellite I saw a meteor, it only had chance to move a few millimetres before it exploded in a bright white flash just above the satellite.

I'm assuming that it was a meteor that exloded in the atmosphere. I was astonished to come across this thread and discover that it's being witnessed by many people. This sort of thing should be quite rare.

There were two annual meteor showers that cover the period of these sightings...

Bootids: June 26th to July 2nd and
Sagittarids: April 15th to July 15th

I'm a sceptic in the true sense of the word in that I'm open minded, but there seems to be a lot going on at night these days.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
this thread reminds me of d4rk knight's warning. that we would start to see lights in the sky, and more frequent events of them accruing as project blue beam gets up and running. (just a loose observation)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

Sorry, but a single exploding meteor is not a sign of anything unusual, although they are quite rare.

Also, there are plenty of other sources of meteors around, besides the two well known showers you mentioned. To put it bluntly, theres stuff going on in the sky all the time. If you go out and watch long enough you will see it. There's no reason to suppose that anything more than normal is happening now!

Keep in mind that meteors are essentially random events, and from time to time there are spikes in activity as well as lulls. There may well have been some above normal activity a few days back... but that in itself is "normal" (that we can not predict every spike).

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

There is NO WAY that what I saw was a meteor or satellite. I've been an amateur astronomer for over a decade, and I'm very familiar with both of those common events. These flashes aren't a streak of light like a meteor, or a slow moving point of light that travels in a single path like a satellite. The flashes I saw were bursts that lasted half a second or so, but seemed to be along the same trajectory in the sky....meteors don't "explode" randomly in the sky 3 times, and the likelihood of 3 meteors all entering the atmosphere around the same time, along totally different trajectories to make it look like something traveling along through the sky flashing every 30-40 seconds. If they were meteors doing this, they wouldn't have flashed like they did...it would have like like a "V" shape pattern or a "Zig Zag"...but these were almost in a strait line in the sky from where the first one started to where the last I saw flashed

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I've seen them, me and a few other people have been disscusing them on another forum.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuro34

Kuro,

I don't know why you are becoming defensive, since my reply was not directed at you. My reply was merely pointing out that observing an exploding meteor (as the poster described) is not *so* unusual that you could claim something out of the ordinary was afoot.

As I said before, the weak flashes the OP of the thread reported are most likely due to space-junk randomly glinting - there is nothing to suggest anything less mundane than this is going on. From the sound of it, this is what you saw too.

I think it needs to be made clear that a number of very different phenomena have been reported in this thread, but we should concentrate on those that are like the OP's description in this thread. "Flashes" that light up the whole sky, the ground, or other more visible phenomena should have their own thread, so we do not all get confused!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

You seem to have missed my point - I agree that a single exploding meteor indicates nothing. My point was that many people are seeing them at the moment - we didn't all see the same one! I've been an amateur astronomer for over 30 years and I've watched literally thousands of meteors. That though, is the first one I've ever seen explode. That fact coupled with other peoples experiences indicates that for some reason it has become - at least for now, a more common occurrence.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 68eric86

i have been outside every night now for the last week because i am not only experiencing those flashes but i am also seeing these energy waves pulsating across the sky and white lines. but recently i have also been seeing something that is wispy and almost smokey looking moving in the sky and on one occasion they started turning red and i saw a straight line of red going across a prtion of the sky in the evening time as well as other strange phenomena especially after midnight. i have also started seeing shapes in the sky almost like a honeycomb except it covers every part of the sky. it is amazing and brilliant, things are about to change in every way we as humans can imagine, so lay back and enjoy the ride and the fact that you are here to experience something so intense and amazing, we have no control over what is going to occur so it will be worthless to worry. peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join