It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stargate continuum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Where did you here that...........you realize that episode with Wosley was an alternate reality right?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

i watched episode 1 of season 5 already
i wont tell you what happens
but she gets replaced

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
NO PLEASE!!!!! NO SCRIPT SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine that Wooseley being head of Atlantis, He's not a leader and cracks too easily under pressure. I guess we'll see.

As for Teal'c. I personally think he's great, Stargate SG1 just wouldn't be the same without him. I was sad to see Jack O'neal (Richard Dean Anderson) take a back seat, but at least he was replaced with someone decent, when the two actors out of farscape came into it. Another great series that should never of been axed.
At least they finished the storyline off with a final movie, which is more than I can say for some series that have been recently axed.

4400, Deadzone, Star Trek Enterprise
Babylon 5 Crusade

They owe it to their fans. They should at least finish off the above series with a final movie to bring the storyline's to a close. So annoying. If you're not going to finish the story, what's the point of even starting one.

www.sliceofscifi.com...

Anyway, I love sci-fi, so they can create another 10 stargate spin offs and I'd still watch them. Roll on the new movie of Buck Rogers.....

blogs.coventrytelegraph.net...

[edit on 7-7-2008 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

he was jokes in the Return part 2
where they use him to trick the replicators

and he seems to have changed alot during the seasons
prob due to the fact hes been through alot with SG and Atlantis

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
ok so the show is out on bittorrent if you wana see it why cant galactica be on like that grrrr

anyways i looke ok and felt a little more epic but the whole time travel thing is getting on my nerves no at least tehy didnt do their usual copouts on this one

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I think that Woosley will take some getting used too. He was good as the holo doctor in Voyager, but I still prefer Sam Carter though.

Razor Are you referring to the final episode of Galactica. I personally think BSG has been disappointing. I think the directors must of been drunk when they wrote the scripts for season 4. :w:

I see the new Stargate total conversion for HL2 is out. At last a stargate game.

www.stargatetc2.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

WOW,you shoulda' made a rant about that!I COMPLETLY AGREE!

I cant believe Carter is gone...........WTF ARE THEY THINKING????

(YES I AM NOW LIVID)

What is this about Teal'c gone?

Where can I see season 5's premier?

[edit on 7/8/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

i watch mine online
just google it

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Continuum was the best film i saw this year.
It was Awesome, it was just like a classic SG1 episode, just slightly better.

I'm a big fan of SG1, I have been ever since the show came out, however, i don't like SGA, its for children.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I enjoyed Continuum. It was like visiting an old friend, hanging with the SG crew again. I always dig alternate reality type plots so this was quite entertaining to me. The end was a bit disappointing, but I will say I enjoyed this more than Ark of Truth. It was nice to see some kind of closure with the Goa'uld storyline.

I particularly liked some of the political implications of the film. Remember how they treated the SG team when they first claimed to be from another universe? Reminds me of the way people like John Titor are received! Then of course once the alien threat is obvious, TPTB come back for their help. Interesting to see how the characters were isolated from each other until then...makes me wonder how our own gov't would handle these situations. I always enjoy the alternate SG worlds in which disclosure has already happened. Nice food for thought.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
most disapointing film i have watched ever
being a SG fan thats alot

i mean the whole film was boring as hell apart from the blowing the bleep out of the planet when bahl attacks.

i am disapointed

We finally got around to watching it. Well, my husband watched all of it and I kept falling asleep. Both my husband and I agree that this film sucked. As I said, I found it so boring I couldn't stay awake, even though I had been really looking forward to seeing it, and my husband was flat out PO'd when it finally ended.

It was just horrible. :shk:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Welllll this one certainly wasn't as good as the "ark of truth", was it just me or did the whole plot feel kinda rushed?

It was alright overall but it just didn't feel epic enough to be a stargate film , some of the SG1 and Atlantis episodes I've seen were much better I felt.

And a bit more of Katesh wouldn't of hurt

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This movie was AWESOME! It was a perfect ending to Stargate: SG-1, tying together elements from all 10 seasons and the original film. I can nitpick about little things, like the fact that Daniel adapted to having only one leg a little too well and O'Neill's role wasn't large enough, but for the most part, the movie was amazing. I give it 9 out of 10 stars. I really want to know what Mitchell was up to in the decade he was on Earth before he got on that ship.

I don't really see how they can make any new Stargate SG-1 films, since all the Milky Way enemies have been defeated, but hopefully they can think of something. Atlantis sucks most of the time and I need my fix.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

JKROG08
Atlantis is still going strong.But since all of you are sg1 fans like myself I have added you as friends.

Thanks JKROG08 - look forward to talking more scifi with you....

I like Atlantis, but unfortunately this is the last season.

They're axing it to make way for Stargate Universe, which sounds crap, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Universe will attempt to appeal to a broader audience, drawing new viewers into the Stargate world. The show will be "a little more character-based, a little less rooted in a sci-fi mythology," co-creator Brad Wright told GateWorld. "It really does come down to characters and stories that are engaging, and that people want to see -- that they feel like they haven't seen before."

Part of the new focus is a deliberate attempt to bring in younger viewers to watch Stargate Universe. "This is an opportunity to reinvent this franchise and make it relevant to a new generation," SCI FI president Dave Howe told The Hollywood Reporter. "We really don't want to be more of the same. It's going to build clearly off the existing franchise but with a cast that gives it a younger vibe."

Stargate Universe is set on board a massive Ancient ship called the Destiny, millions of years older than even the city of Atlantis (story). The Ancients launched the automated ship millions of years ago to seed Stargates throughout many galaxies, with a second ship planned to follow it up and explore those planets. But they got busy with ascension, and never followed through on the plan.

Earth discovers that the Stargate's mysterious ninth chevron can be utilized to gate directly to the Ancient ship, opening up literally the whole universe to explore. But the team will soon discover that they have no way back to Earth, and must ride the ship on its programmed course.

Here is how SCI FI describes the show:

After unlocking the mystery of the Stargate's ninth chevron, a team of explorers travels to an unmanned starship called the Destiny, launched by The Ancients at the height of their civilization as a grand experiment set in motion, but never completed.

What starts as a simple reconnaissance turns into a never ending mission, as the Stargate Universe crew discovers the ship is unable to return to Earth, and they must now fend for themselves aboard the Destiny.

The crew will travel to the far reaches of the universe, connecting with each of the previously launched Stargates, thus fulfilling the Destiny's original mission. Challenges will arise though as the ship comes into range of Stargates placed centuries ahead of the Destiny and the crew is unable to control the ship's navigational schedule. If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them, adding to the drama of encountering new races, enemies and adventures.

Wright and Atlantis and Universe co-creator Robert C. Cooper will serve as show-runners, and are currently writing the premiere episode.

The news of the show's pick-up comes immediately on the heels of the network's announcement that Stargate Atlantis is ending after the current, fifth season, but will continue on to TV movies (story). But executive producer Brad Wright insists that the one decision did not cause the other.

"It's not the case that anything is being pushed aside, any more than SG-1 is pushed aside," Wright told GateWorld. "Shows have a life, and they live their life ... There will always be a point where those people are disappointed. This is a way of preserving Atlantis going forward in a very strong way."

Wright told GateWorld that Stargate Universe has been in the concept stage for two years, and that this year the time was right for SCI FI and MGM to move forward on the project together.

www.gateworld.net...

Sounds like Stargate for kids. Oh well at least there making Stargate Atlantis movies.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by kindred]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join