It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stargate continuum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
most disapointing film i have watched ever
being a SG fan thats alot

i mean the whole film was boring as hell apart from the blowing the bleep out of the planet when bahl attacks.

i am disapointed

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of Stargate SG1 & Atlantis. I was gutted when they axed the series. I guess nothing lasts forever. At least they are still making movies. The ark of truth was quite good and I'm looking forward to watching the new one. I must admit, if it turns out to be rubbish, then it doesn't surprise me, as I personally think they had much better stories to choose from than the ones involving Baal and time travel.

Speaking of Stargate, I was sad to hear that Don S. Davis (aka General Hammond) has died. He will be sadly missed, and helped make SG1 a great series.

As a great actor and a decent human being, you will sadly be missed. Your essence will live on in the hearts and minds of all those sci-fi fans who you have touched, with your whit, charm and professionalism. Godspeed. Have a prosperous and great journey to the world beyond.

www.youtube.com... Tribute video

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Drats- I didn't know this movie was out yet. I thought it came out later this month

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Atlantis is still going strong.But since all of you are sg1 fans like myself I have added you as friends.

I haven't seen either movie yet BTW

[edit on 7/5/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by kindred

Atlantis is still going strong.But since all of you are sg1 fans like myself I have added you as friends.

I haven't seen either movie yet BTW

[edit on 7/5/2008 by jkrog08]

IMO, Atlantis isn't bad, but it is far from SG1. I won't name names, but there is one character on Atlantis that is like nails on a chalkboard to me, but husband likes the show so I have to endure it, lol.

Contiuum (spelling?) is the second of three movies, yes?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I only stuck with the show a little while to begin with, but found it entertaining. I saw Continuum last night, and found it quite decent. I dunno if it matters that you've been involved with the show, but it didn't seem to matter too much in my case hehe

I almost thought it was up there with the 1st movie, although it had more of a tv-movie feel to it than for the big screen.

One thing... Teal'c still pisses me off. I'm sure the guy that plays him is a sweet dude, but the character is sooo bloody annoying! He's like Yogi Bear on brain steroids in an alien suit.

[edit on 6/7/08 by flice]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I only stuck with the show a little while to begin with, but found it entertaining. I saw Continuum last night, and found it quite decent. I dunno if it matters that you've been involved with the show, but it didn't seem to matter too much in my case hehe

I almost thought it was up there with the 1st movie, although it had more of a tv-movie feel to it than for the big screen.

One thing... Teal'c still pisses me off. I'm sure the guy that plays him is a sweet dude, but the character is sooo bloody annoying! He's like Yogi Bear on brain steroids in an alien suit.

[edit on 6/7/08 by flice]

I agree about the tv-movie feel. I thought the first movie felt like a really long episode, lol. I'm not complaining, mind you, I'm just saying..

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alora

hehe... that was probably because of James Spader ;P Like Nicolas Cage you just end up getting too much of him.

Did I understand correctly when thinking there was a movie more before Continuum? :O I guess I have to see that then... have nothing to do today anyways

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

i like atlantis
but SG even more, was gutted when they canceled (almost have the whole collection
)

and its a shame about Don S. Davis
he was legend on SG and his moral values on the show, putting his people and family always first

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

3rd of 3 movies

Stargate
Stargate arc of truth
Coninuum

they had a budge of 19+million for the fist SG move
but only 8Million for the 2nd and 3rd

so they kind of lacked funding which made it worse.
dispointed at the lack of attention in the storyline in both.
didnt really match the work put into the first stargate film or the episodes

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
okay guys no one hear wants to explain to me how on earth you saw Continuum? i thought it would be released later on july or something. where did it air?
as for stargate, im nuts about it. literally cant get enough of it. i like the premise of the show and all the characters. and recently i liked season 4 of Atlantis but i feel its closing to an end some time soon

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by Alora

3rd of 3 movies

Stargate
Stargate arc of truth
Coninuum

they had a budge of 19+million for the fist SG move
but only 8Million for the 2nd and 3rd

so they kind of lacked funding which made it worse.
dispointed at the lack of attention in the storyline in both.
didnt really match the work put into the first stargate film or the episodes

you shouldnt compare the new ones to the first stargate movie. because the first was a cinematic release, it was a big deal. these two are direct to DVD just made for fans of the shows who are a few according to ratings like 6 million in the US. so clearly budget would be according to TV quality releases since this is a TV movie.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

DVDrips

its against TCs to say how to get it and so, so i cant really tell you how to get hold of it :shk:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

its not that much about budget
its about the effort put into them

if you watched arc of truth and continuum you will see that they have rushed everything together so the storylines are patchy and full of loopholes or things that dont add up.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
D'oh! Completely forgot about the James Spader/Kurt Russell movie! Silly me, and I even have a crush on Spader, so now I am doubly silly.

I was rather annoyed when I heard they were making a TV show from the movie. My husband made me give it a chance, so I guess I owe him one, lol. (Don't tell him I said that)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

i'll be honest with you i dont think you've seen it. it hasnt been released it legally or illegally.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

sure about that

warning screenshots contain loads of spoilers

here is a None spoiler screen shot of the start

spoiler pics

smg.photobucket.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
reply to post by bodrul

i'll be honest with you i dont think you've seen it. it hasnt been released it legally or illegally.

Yeah it has been released illegally.
I've seen it and it's alright.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
With Amanda Tapping's addition to Atlantis I think it solidified Atlantis as a scifi epic(like sg1),I think Atlantis will run for ten season like sg1(5 more).The movies I havent seen,but I think the Stargate film and both series rivals the X Files.One of the best sci fi series ever(with peoples choice awards to back both up)Honestly I didnt like the original film,but then I watched the series(sg1) and it all clicked,lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

shes left
its woesly or what ever his name is
is now leading atlantis team (the person from Voyager)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join