It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the World End in 2012?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
In reality nobody will know exactly what 12-21-2012 holds until that day actually arrives. But I will tell you this, it'll be an incredible reason to throw an all out keg party just in case!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm 99.9% sure nothing is going to happen.

If it is the end, I will die defending my property. I have no wish to flee just to struggle in the apocalypse.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Yeah, but the media seems to still think it a little kooky. I've not yet seen any media, hardly anyone acutlly, add up several of the pieces and explain it away.

The "last" pope is actually the pope after this one if you're read predictions at all and correlation does not imply causation

[edit on 4-7-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The world has been ending for years now.

2012 is just another pointless build-up to a none event. Those who believe want to believe and more than that, NEED to believe, as it gives them some sort of excited meaning to their lives that they can and do share with others.

I like to think of it as a big support group, for the easily lead.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's funny how everyone is so set on 2012 being "doom and gloom" but not the other way around when scientific evidence is pointing to just that(good times for the most part) & the Mayan calender never said the world is ending. Sounds to me all the people who keep saying "I will go down fighting..." or something like that are just feeding into the "doom & gloom" scenario with their own fears. The others who say "nothing is going to happen", that is a matter of perspective and there definitely is something happening you just might not want to see it or care is all.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I'm 99.9% sure nothing is going to happen.

If it is the end, I will die defending my property. I have no wish to flee just to struggle in the apocalypse.

What if by then your property is worthless?

It is possible that by 2012 those who will be living well will be those who have moved far away from urban areas. Those who have the best survival abilities, a kind of backward evolution where people will live much like the early pioneers. In fact it may be the only way to survive the wars and economic collapse that seems nearly certain now.

Run to the hills!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Let me show you something from 7 years ago, from this same website, Abovetopsecret.com, please read the following, get informed, and stop speculating, yes no matter WHAT way you look at it, SOMETHING will happen... if the sun comes up in the morning, then "something has happened"... but do some real research and let yourselves understand:

I recently discovered the following on the AboveTopSecret.com discussion forum. It was posted in December 2001 by a New Zealand Maori, (whose web-name is "alien"), as a response to a request for any information on the Mayan "end-of-the-world prediction" for 2012.

Well...don't know about the Mayan Calendar...but I know that there are some old Maori (culture I belong to) legends that speak of the reunification of 'Rangi' (the Sky) and 'Papa' (the Earth).

This one basically flows on from a Maori Creation Legend. Anyway, in short, Rangi (the Sky) and Papa (the Earth) were partners and were closely clasped together...they had a number of children, who lived in between these two parents, squashed and without light. One day these children (who were all Gods by the way - God of the Wind, God of the Sea, God of War etc etc) decided to push their parents apart so they could have room to move...they all tried and failed, till one of the Gods, Tane, pushed them apart, separated them, and hello - there was light.

Basically the other more secretive legend that follows on from this says that there will come a time when the children of Tane (that's you and me) are so busy, so distracted with fighting, with greed, with lust etc, so separated from our original parents (Rangi and Papa - so that kinda means we have lost our links with the natural order of things) that Rangi and Papa will take that opportunity - while no one is looking - to quickly come back together...destroying everything in the process. There has been much meditation done on this event and yep...2012 seems to be the year the old people are coming up with.

A second post continued...

I also forgot to mention this other bit in my haste to get to work earlier:

I have asked a few of the 'kaumatua' (tribal elders) what they see happening in 2012. One said "Ka hinga te arai"...the rest nodded and agreed. Okay, I'll explain what that means...

hinga = to fall arai = curtain

those are the modern interpretations of those two words in what he said to me...so basically he said "The curtain will fall". Okay - I thought about that for a while, thinking about what he meant...and I originally deduced he meant like "Final curtain" end of the world sorta thing. That was until I did a bit more digging into the origins of those two words. Ya see...modern Maori is just like modern English...it changes over time, the means of words alter and get reinterpreted as time goes by.

This kaumatua (elder) is an 'old school' Maori...knowledgeable in the ancient ways, the old ways, the old original language...or 'tuturu Maori' as it is called, which basically means 'original Maori. So anyway, in original Maori, those two words (hinga and arai) mean slightly different things.

hinga = to dissolve/to be removed/ to fade
arai = veil / thin separation

'arai' is the main word there to look at. Okay, when people die, Maori say they have gone 'ki muri i te arai'...they have gone 'behind the veil'...passed over so to speak. So in that sense, 'arai' actually means like a 'separator' between the physical world/plane and the spiritual world/plane.

So - 'ka hinga te arai' in old Maori means (as closely at it can interpreted in English) The removal/dissolving of the planes separator...basically the MERGING of the physical and spiritual planes.

There - just a bit of an old Maori cultural lesson to get ya mind ticking over.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Nice post! I wonder if "Alien" has anything new to add. I would send him a U2U but 2012 is more a fascination for me (entertainment) than a life changer to look forward to - when it happens it happens and we'll all be a lot wiser to it in 2012/13 (my opinion, anyway (must be the Norman in me that gives me to think thus logic)). But perhaps someone more vested in 2012 might track him down.

Anyway, Alphabetaone, thank-you for that insight.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
All the people who believe the world will end in 2012 better hope it does, because if it doesn't and we get to 2013 I'll name and shame every last one of you in a thread dedicated directly to you
. The worst thing is though, is that there'll probably be a crap load of extra suicides in 2012 due to the hype alone, yet people will say about the suicides''it's a sign it's a sign'', when all it will be is artifically inflated hysteria.

Seriously, let's get a grip.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Just when I wanted to post a question asking for more information on the "dark pope." l Thank you for the information. Starred!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I watched a documentary about the Mayans and 2012. The Mayan calendar does not end in 2012, it does continue and there is a katun after this one ends.

The current katun states a dawn of a new age will occur, not the end of the world.

CORRECT, we are currently in the Age of Aquarious, after will be Age of Capricorn, it is said this Age begins December of 2012

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
As we are witnessing now, terrible disasters are happening all around the world and it is NOT a coincidence at all. The Higher forces are trying to weaken us for 2012 when they take full control.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

jsut because its gone to mainstream doesn't mean anything will happen

the closer we get the 2012 the more and more it will be reported about on the news

EVERYONE knows about the mayan calander and the suppose 2012 ending of the calander, the first time i heard about it was in 9th grade we were on a chapter about ancient civilizations and one of the parts of the chapter talked about the mayans how technologiclly advanced they were and it talked about the ending of there calander in 2012

most kids/teens/adults who have gone throught he first 12 years of schooling know about this fact

the earth will not end and 2012 will just be like every other year that has come and gone, the only differance is hopefully we will have a new president

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
apparently according To a Mayan elder we have it all wrong and they want it straightened out..

Ok maybe not Toootally wrong..but worlds not going to end...

I had this sent to me..interesting read.

www.stumbleupon.com... id435.html

edit on 11-4-2011 by TardisMechanic because: added a line

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I dont think Futurama is a good source..

Neither newspapers with two guys preparing.

I dont believe anything will happen in 2012, the only thing i can think of is the venus passage at june 6th.

Why would the world end? Its illogical that it suddenly will end now, after so many years. There is also no outer reason for it. Not a hazardous comet, astroid or planet in sight. Which is very rare actually, and as far as i know this has never happened here.

Mayan calendar also does not predict the end of the world.

I think its funny that we humans are so obsessed with this end of the world thing. 21.12.2012 is a great date because it looks good, but theres always a prediction for any "cool date" like that. I'm born on the 8.8 which has also been a doomsday predicted. Usually these predictions go wrong. And then people find a new one.

I wonder if this 2012 forum will change its name to 2015 or something when 2012 passes. Because it will pass, im 99,9% sure of it.

S.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join