It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 one step forward 11 steps back what to do to beat this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
1 step forward 11 steps backwards (in life right now)
I live in England and have an American friend who says this and of course its true especially now so while we have whatever time we have as of this very day
I said some of this before yet didn’t really get a reply
what can a person do to stop this sliding back right now practical things even scenarios
really my point is here is getting back to holding the line (getting to 5 steps forward 5 steps back) and then trying to edge forward (6 steps forward 5 steps back)
with whe world they have created around us we have to be able to like a duckling in a fast stream - its legs working feverishly - to stand still in the river (we aren’t even able to do that ) lets have your ideas on what to do in this world to stay still in the water and start to go forward and avoid their traps -one thing set against another

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lasthope

O.K. I'll bite-

What are you asking exactly? Your OP is very vague & metaphorical.

2PacSade-

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Lasthope, I believe what you are talking about is very normal for most people.

We all have days when we feel like we are taking one step forward and two steps backwards.

The day starts out great and by afternoon something has come along and BOOM you're knocked back down a step.

I have learned that I may not always be able to control what happens but I can control how I react to it.

Just keep going forward and don't worry until all your steps are backwards. Maybe then you are supposed to turn around and you'll be going forward again. Don't know what else to tell you.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
as i thought no one has understood
i asked a question re read

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I did re read your post, and it's still quite vague to me, but let me see if I understand what you are trying to get across.
And correct me if Iam wrong, but English is not perhaps your first language?
In my opinion you are stating that the world has been set up in such a way that the average person can barely tread water, let alone get ahead in life in any way whatsoever.And you wish to know if anyone has any ideas on how to improve the quality of life despite all else?
I would have to say, that despite our increased awareness of what's truly going on "Behind the curtain", we have yet to find a good solution to this problem.
Doesn't mean we aren't trying.
Never stop fighting the current.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think that the answer to your question is to learn from your past mistakes, to avoid repeating them, and to become very proactive and positive about future decisions. After all "going backwards" can be looked at as a matter of perspective. Sometimes what we perceive as failure can actually be a success.

In my own life I can think of many occassions where my perceived failures actually worked out in my favor. Like not getting a job, and being bummed out, only to get a better job shortly thereafter.

Having realistic goals, and pursuing them with logical and well thought out plans of action can really help to minimize catastrophic backslides in life as well.

Hope my input was helpful!

[edit for my horrible habit of typing and not proofreading on 7/4/08 by Hefficide]

[edit on 7/4/08 by Hefficide]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There is a certain type of work that you do.

You may have to think back. It may not be obvious. It may be creative or not. It may be something you tried and dismissed, or someone important at some stage negatived.

You may enjoy it or not. Actually, the universe doesn't seem to care whether you enjoy doing it or not, or even - strangely enough - whether you're particularly "good" at it, or regarded as good by others.

When you do this work, the world works.

People are interesting and interested. There is tension but it's the tension before a breakthrough, not the stress before a breakdown.

For some reason, more people will smile and laugh when they're around you.

Think back to a time in your life, when everything seemed to turn out. What was the work you were doing before/during that time?

[edit on 4-7-2008 by undermind]

top topics

join