It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 3rd, 2008- The day I went insane.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
Trust me Arbydol, i know the feeling of hopelessness.
I could tell you to try and stay positive and look at the bright side in everything and try meditation and the rest of it... as i believe these things go a hell of a long way these days.. but i realise that words alone can rarely change a person's state of mind - something has to move inside of them to change their whole perspective. Something has to click with them and they finally realise something..

Remember these virtues courage, patience, truthfulness, friendliness, modesty, temperance, ambition and of course love and ask for help OFTEN, mentally, in your thoughts. If it sounds stupid think of it as attracting help through the power of thought, or the laws of attraction.

There is very real energy there and many don't realise that the power to achieve all lies within us, dormant, waiting to be utilised.

well said and I was thinking about the laws of attraction while reading this. Even though I myself struggle with that. I also thought that what our future will be if we all thought different.
That saying money follows money could have more implications than we realize. Still peace to you all and one of the greatest things about the net is your never alone with your views as so many of us feel the same about the world as it is

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The people you mentioned : teachers, social workers, and public servants are paid by the TAXPAYER. They had better not be making anywhere near Limbaugh type of money.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I did not imply that these professions should be paid on the same level that Rush Limbaugh is. I said "When we begin paying teachers, social workers, and public servants the kind of money that they deserve...".

I would hope that we all feel that these professions do not pay a reasonable amount of money for their importance to society as a whole.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Perhaps when they actually start performing well they might merit a raise.

Take a look at our educational system. I can sum it up in 2 words: Catastrophic failure.

Why pay for mediocrity?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

One could also say that you get what you pay for. But I did not simply speak of teachers. Firefighters, police, paramedics, social workers, and many others also fall into this category. All of these professions are necessary for the continuance of society, yet they are all fairly low paying jobs, for the most part.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Mind defining what you consider to be low paying?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Ok, using Salary.com as a reference, here are the average pay scales for the professions I listed above, in the US.

Teacher: $50,872
Police Officer: $48,254
Fire Fighter: $39,165
Paramedic: $37,455
Social Worker: $42,153

The Government statistic is that the median household income in the US is $46,326, according to The White House.

A couple of these jobs were above the median, others below. But these people perform services that are necessary, for the betterment of society, and, in many cases, severely hazardous. It is completely logical to think that they might pay enough to provide a comfortable lifestyle for those who choose careers that put them in service of others.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Dude, July 3rd is not the day you went insane, it's the day you woke up.
It's a dirty world and sometimes it hurts. If you don't let yourself get distracted by the myriad of news channels, adverts and lies then you might be able to come to terms with it all and figure a way through. That's what Ive been trying to do for years and when you hear things like this $400m contract, it sets you back a bit. Stick at it. There's a better world to be had for all of us.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

I can relate to what you are talking about as far as "making it",but you really need to consider what the term implies by what measure would be used to determine whether one is "making it",or not,who is measuring your success,and how their providing the measure of what is and what isn't success benefits "them"......

I guess what I am trying to say is,,"who put your thoughts into your head,and why?".

Considering what day it is today,these questions become more pertinent.

America was founded to escape the exact thing that it has become,the crap we all have to live through just to get by is inexcusable.....

-There can be no true equality,but it could be closer to equality than it is.

-No one should be playing games of chance with our livelihoods as wall street does.

-Anything one needs for survival should be available if one is willing to put in the efforet to go out and get it,you must remember that in the past,all we had to do was get off of our ass and get it,or die.

.....Life is really quite simple,there are groups,powers if you will,who will have you believe you need them to get by,they have fooled you into looking at yourself and judging yourself by their measure.

The truth of it is that they have no power if you simply realise that you don't need all this crap you have been led to believe you need.

Unfortunately we judge each other down at this level by someone elses standard,for someone elses benefit,without realizing it.

Young energetic people are especially susceptible to the influences of the lies the ones in power perpetuate.

I fear all hell will have to break loose before people realise the simple truth of things.

You must ask what ideas have been put into your head,who put those ideas into your head,and why they were put there.

Everything you are is developed through experiences you have lived through,very few of your thoughts are truly your own.

Independence day would mean more if more people in the US were capable of independent thought.

Independence begins in the mind,the only reality there is,is the reality you make.

I hope this makes sense to somebody without my sounding like a lunatic...

I speak from experience,and in gaining understanding of these things I truly believe to be true,I have quite literally become a criminal in the eyes of the establishment.

But I would rather be a criminal,than a slave.

It is all about choices.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hey, who wants to start a "Boycott rush limbaugh campaign"? All we gotta do is start something like a "myspace" site dedicated to it and post links to it everywhere. It'll be fun! I figured, these guys get away with blatant crimes and laugh at us, so why shouldn't we fight back with the one loop hole they left open, freedom of speech. I can be annoying. Then I'll start "www.giveUSourmoneybackbush.com"
Fun!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

Hello Arbol,

I am going to tell you first hand that YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT!!!

Not if your going to be sobbing all day over what some A-hole makes.

You need to take everything you just said you don’t know how to do AND LEARN HOW PRONTO!!

Foock the cat!! Put some dirt in that kitty box!! And take the money you save and stock up on food little by little.

Get off ATS and go to some site that will teach you how to grow food, how to distill water, learn how to save as much as you can and do things you never thought you would have to do.

Foock the radio guy and quit your bitchen and learn to be a real person on their own.

Oh and try to be positive your feel better.

You do that and you’ll make it just fine.

TA!! Izarith.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Why would you cry about something like that. Limbaugh gets paid hansomely for the work that he performs and his ability to capture an audience. That's what it's about. Since he did not reach into your pocket for $10 or $20, nor does he intend to raise your taxes to make up part of his contracted salary, why would you be concerned. Just as Howard Stern, for whom I have no love, can make lots of money spewing his filth (sorry, I couldn't stop my commentary), Limbaugh has the right to earn and keep whatever the company deems appropriate.

Clear Channel and his broadcast partners must love him. You don't have to.

Now, you believe that other things can be done with the money? I guess that you would also say that no one should make more than some particular amount per year. There's a name for that kind of economic system, and it's not from the United States of America.

Stay here and make huge amounts of money like Limbaugh and Stern, and then give it as charitable contributions to the causes you believe in ... otherwise go back to your room and cry yourself to sleep.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

Please look around ATS. or better yet follow the links I provide. There is hope. its not hard. You are going to make it all you have to do is try. When TSHTF the big wind bag and his drug induced superiority complex will be toast. him like most conservatives can not live with out the all mighty money.

We can we are real. YOU CAN AND WILL MAKE IT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TRY. You dont even have to try very hard just a little at a time.

GO FOR IT.

Independent living and surviving

simple

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
this insanity is what will help fuel you to keep going!
i say this because this happened to me 6 yrs ago.
at first i was beside myself with sadness and hopelessness, but
after awhile i figured out how to re-route that into somewhat positive energy. have faith in yourself and know that within this world of uglyness, chaos and greed....there are a few good people left who think like we do.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but people go into those fields knowing full well what the pay scale is.

If a firefighter isn't happy with his current salary, he is free to relocate to my area (Las Vegas), where as you can see they make quite a bit more than the median income stats you posted.

Or, we could once and for all do away with government services and privatize them, where businesses would be forced to up the pay in order to attract high quality employees. Nothing wrong with as pay as you go system for those services rendered.

Paying teachers more hasn't been proven to equal better results, so paying them more isn't a good idea.

Pay police more? Know where that additional revenue will come from to pay for that increase? Out of the pockets of you and me, both through taxes, and high traffic ticket revenue. Double taxation by any name is never a good idea.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by slackerwire]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Yeah, and the few people that have worked all their lives to have a stable, healthy and prosperous life must now just start giving their hard earned cash to a bunch of lazy bums, pot heads and drifters...

Do you even think of the message you are giving to the future generations? Guess not, because this is precisely how most people got into this situation in the first place:
- You don't need to study and improve yourself, why bother, everything will be handed out to you in a silver plater by some unknown entity (the people that actually work for a living). So, kids, just play video games all day, get stoned be drunkards, don't bother going to school, don't worry about your future. Whatever you make of your life you will always have a house, food on the table, money to spend and, why not, as much dope, alcohol and pleasures you desire. Great message you must give your kids, in the unlikely case you have any...

I think you forgot your left turn into the Soviet Union but don't worry there is always the paradise called Cuba...
But, wait, I've been to Cuba and everybody works their ass off for almost no pay. And, guess what, the lazy bums there are immediately imprisoned and labeled as enemies of the people (guess not everything in Cuba is stupid).

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
no matter what happens in your life the most important thing to remember is you only have to do one thing at the most base level : choose how to feel about things. i choose to be happy because its how i like to feel. yeah something bad may be happening but if im positive then i can learn from the situation and use it to improve my soul and my body. if im negative about it all im going to gain from the situation is more negativity and probably be the first one to get stomped on. so make a choice to enjoy whatever crap you go through because it makes it a whole lot more fun to see it as the test it really is and not the end all be all .

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm really quite impressed with the number of folks that got caught up on my mention of Rush Limbaugh's money and I am THOROUGHLY enjoying reading all of the things that people seem to think that says about me and what kind of person I am and what kind of life I lead. The heart warming part of all of this is that:

1. A handful of other people out there are emotional capable enough to admit that they have ALSO had a bad day before!

2. Every time someone understood that it had nothing to do with Rush Limbaugh and everything to do with the disproportionate distribution of value that we have been displaying...I just wanted to stand up and cheer!

We are a Capitalist society. I am proud of that. This may surprise folks who after reading the 1st sentence of my OP are convinced that I am a complete Pinko, crybaby, tree-hugger with at least 3 pairs of Berkenstocks and a mental disorder.
I was very glad that within this thread I saw an open discussion about the wages that are paid for some EXTREMELY important jobs- like Teachers!...now granted, one point of view was that teachers were being paid so little because they aren't doing a good job...hopefully that person doesn't have children in the public school system because God saw fit to strike them impotent...mistakes happen- I personally believe that natural selection is God's way of correcting them.

Restricted budgets, outdated text books and NO flexibility in teaching basic priciples and morals...teachers are doing the best they can with both hands tied behind their back.
Thanks you guys. My 1st thread got 1 (one) response. Having my 2nd thread do this well (even if it WAS to tell me how stupid my thread is!). It feels good. I may not know how to upload an Avatar or have enough posts to reply to a U2U...but I have 40 stars, over 1,000 points and there are some who would say that it all started with the STUPIDEST thread they have ever seen...Cool.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

do you think that 10% of the world that live in profit of the 90% is just?
i wouldn't care much about Cuba or the Old Soviet...sharing don't mean communist.
you advocating the greed that the 10% wants you to spread.

good day

kacou.

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join