It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 3rd, 2008- The day I went insane.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness

Originally posted by Zaimless
I am only glad I am not bring up children right now, because everything has got out of hand. I'd like to feel sorry for you but I pay $603.00 ... lol).

Wow, is that all - $603 a month- what a deal! I pay $900 and live in a very old studio that was "converted" into a 1 bedroom apartment. I manage my money well though, so its not an issue. I also work 80 hours a week while not in school to afford it.
[edit on 3-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

Try $2733 per month, plus utilities, garbage, gardner, $500 per month in autofuel, et cetera. The grass is always greener .......isn't it.

-Euclid

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by euclid

Well at least we know that's not a 1 bedroom apartment, as you have a gardener - which is an optional purchase.
But still...I have no problem with it...I just get tired of people going "I pay XXX for XXX." Someone, somewhere, is paying more.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yeah. Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer, that's it. He knows he's obnoxious. He's that way on purpose because it produces ratings.

He is a shock jock. I have a feeling half of the things he says he doesn't even mean.

I have a feeling a lot more people listen to him than would like to admit, however.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

Keep your chin up...if you say "I'm not going to make it" you wont, you've gotta focus on what you do have, family and friends are free and there the best thing you coud have in this world, you cant put a price them...4 million or 400 million pales in comparison to the love and happiness family and friends provide. Focus on these aspects of your life and you wont give a damn about whos earning what in this world

Happy 4th July to all the Americans out there...have a good one!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I reply Anonymously even though i am a member here. It really is easier then posting for a new password. I understand your feelings and have had many of the same thoughts. I realized that when the s*$t hits the fan it will all work out in divine order. Let go of the control over everything and let things take the path they are meant to be. I noticed the trend of new media people being popularized by who else the media, do not be fooled. This country and the world are hiding the truth of what is coming and its unfortunate. You have no need to run to the hills or hide in bunkers. We have been given the same rights on every spiritual level as those before us. Awaken them from within and let go of all the nonsense that is surrounded by not having enough. You already know of those who drink from polluted streams and lakes. You are not one of them, when the time comes you will learn how to clarify the water mentally.
You will know what plants to gravitate to and what plants to stay away from. You will find the food you will need to nourish your body to be less but more fulfilling. Trust in the divine order and work on yourself now as if it were the temple carrying you to the place where your worries are no longer needed.
Cherish all that you have and prepare for what many may be considering the worst but if 2% of all people have all the wealth... well then I guess 98% of us have nothing to worry about since we wont be missing much anyway.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

If I screw up my life and it is a result of something I did, then I , and I alone bear full responsibility.

I am not envious of successful people, in fact I look at them as motivation.

If a retard like Larry the Cable Guy can earn 20 million per year, I know that anything is possible. Am I jealous of him? Of course not. Do I blame him, or fault him in any way for making 20 mil? Hell no. More power to him. He found a way to make an obscene amount of money and he went with it.

If the OP would do the same, perhaps he/she would stop whining about how much other people make.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Please read on Sugar...
I could make seven kabillion zillion trillion dollars on some assinine publicity stunt like "get'er'done" or "I'm a fat a$$ drug addict who judges people harshly with exactly the same problems, questions. concerns and family dilemmas as I have"....
I still wouldn't think it is okay that the scales are tipped so horribly that some have seven houses, fifteen cars and people responsible to only to read my mail while others struggle for drinking water and the ability to read in WHATEVER language is native to them.
If you think that is okay than you are wrong.
If you think that God not only condones but endorses this? You are wrong
Bless them Father for they no NOT what they do.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

Well then, why aren't you doing just that and giving it all to charity?

By the way, why do you even have a computer? How dare you, people are starving and you sit here typing - you should sell it immediately! God forgive you for your sin!

[edit on 3-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think is the key is simplicity. Simply buy only things that you need. A lot of people try to live beyond their means, and that leads to debt.

...And just because celebrities make so much money, it doesn't mean they're satisfied.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You need to forget ATS and the News exist for a while. Take a long break from negativity. Not everyone deals with it the same.

You need to also realize that the vast majority of theories on ATS are patently untrue. That is the nature of conspiracy theories. If you let fear replace reason it is not a good thing for you. Some people probably should not even participate on sites like this. Especially young sensitive people who are prone to believing too much of what is placed before them on a site like this.

ATS and sites like this should be a place you go for entertainment or to fill time. Don't use this place to fill holes that should be filled with family, pleasurable activities and the positive things in life.

If all of us here believed every theory presented here we would all commit suicide today. We know that most of what is here is pure fiction and we hope to find some truth mixed in. Don't fall into that trap of believing every bit of nonsense on the Internet, because you will surely self-destruct.

Rush is probably a nice man who just happens to have differing views from yours and happens to have a huge audience making advertisers willing to pay a lot for time on his show. The Illuminati are NOT waiting outside your door for you. Aliens are not hiding in caves underground eating children and waiting to steal yours. Hillary is not a Reptilian. Nobody is going to show up at your door in the near future and put you in some kind of camp. Bush will step down just like all the Presidents before him.

Reality is far more boring than what we read here and it is dangerous to start believing all these wild theories. Nearly everyone here is here for entertainment and don't let them trick you into thinking otherwise. If it were not true we would ALL drive off a short pier.

[edit on 7/3/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

What am I not doing? what do I need to do? Just earn 50 cents on the dollar to what my male counter-parts are making and giving it all to charity?
What exactly is it that I've said that you find fault with? I should what?!@!@@@@@@!!!!!!!
Work 12 hours a day, be a single mother of 3, fight for my freedom of speech as an American citizen, not agree with the status quo and be labled as some lazy, fascist, anti-american, good for nothing? I have sat here and listened while people tell me that I'm a whiner because of how much they pay their gardener when I Irrigate (I mean with irrigation ditches and shovels that you hold with your own G*ddamn hands!).
I AM America. The one that works REAL HARD and is getting screwed.
I am up at 5 am and I DO NOT REST until my job is done at Midnight.
SO YOU TELL ME......what more can I do for you?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Just heard this on CNN. Made me almost poop myself. Thankfully, Obama's optimistic look helped me to NOT go insane. Either way, Rush's $400m will definiately help him out once the elite take over. No question.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
400 Mill......so what? You have no idea what the contract says in the fine print.

Remember he's sub-human, in bad health, over weight, pain killer addict and who knows what else. I'll bet when he dies the 400 will go "poof".

Really, don't think about what others do or have....IT DOES NOT MATTER.

You are the most important person to yourself. Ya do your best and hold your head up. Learn other things in your spare time, but keep fighting.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
How is it really any different from those Actors and Actresses that get $25,000,000 a movie?? Some do two or three movies a year with a minimum of 10-15 million per movie.

How about each "Friends" Actor getting 1 million per episode??

How about those Major League and NFL athletes that get millions per year?

You are just biased towards Limbaugh. Howard Stern gets more per year than he does.

It is all entertainment. The biggest business on the Planet.

It is so silly too, many of these Liberal Actors complain about not redestributing wealth but they'll threaten a strike if they're not getting their 25 million per movie!

Talk about hypicracy.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
wow i know !!! i heard that this morning and was floored! I'm a rush fan and because of this insane contract i may just be to sickend to even pay attention!!$400 mil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i think teachers and certain other people get that much.not someone who just opinionates.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
ops i posted twice silly me

[edit on 3-7-2008 by bugs_n_recovery]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Based on an 8 year contract (2008 - 2016), a 5 day work week, and an 8 hour work day, Limbaugh is being paid about $7.00 per second, $400 per minute, $24,000.00 per hour, $192,000 per day, and $50,000,000 per year. I think he may be doing better than McCartney's ex-wife. He's worth that much because Americans dial in when he speaks. What's frightening is the number of clueless listeners, who swallow his drivel as gospel, that it takes to justify that level of compensation! The guy sells advertising air time. That's what it comes down to. Ultimately, it's the little people who buy the advertised products who pay Limbaugh's ludicrous salary. Can you say "oink"?

[edit on 7/3/2008 by dubiousone]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Last post for today as I'm really quite tired...
I am a registered voter and organ donor. I recycle all my corrugated cardboard, aluminum cans, plastic bags and paper 50 miles from my home at the nearest recycling center and I water the front of my lawn (which can't be reached with irrigation water due to the placement of my house) with gray water from my laundry and dishes. I guess Internet access is my dirty little secret as an imperialist Nazi pig but I promise that upon my death all of my teeth that do not have cavities (can't afford the co-pay) will be given to charity.
Blessed Be.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join