It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian ISPs Plan Net Censorship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Haha. If worst comes to work I'll resurrect my 90's BBS.

I have always had a vision of the world becoming a huge wireless intranet, where in every neighbourhood someone is running a router with DHCP, which connects to the next popular router in the next suburb. Sort of like a Peer-to-peer network. Everyone joins the popular server. With a 5 watt dB transmitter, this wouldn't be a problem.

Like, you mean the future can eliminate the ISP?
What do the ISP's give us now? A wired connection and a modem?

How could one have an internet by wirelessly connecting to your neighbor and them their neighbor and their neighbors. Seems like it can be done, but how? How can this be organized into a functional thing.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
well yank, if Canada is so bad, why are you living there?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil Genius

I'm Canadian, and I can tell you that there would be a really big stink if they tried that here--not the least of which would come from the NDP and Bloc Quebecois.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Haha, lol.

Bell and Tellus? You mean the two companies that are pretty much destined for failure in the future thanks to Cogeco, Rogers, and Virgin?

Give me a break.
Bell has been overcharging for their services for a long time now, and now that theres competition and Bell is losing customers, instead of competing, they jack their prices even higher to cover the cost of the lost customers.
They wont be around much longer.

Especially if they try to pull this crap on their customers.

Pretty much anywhere Bell is situated, Rogers, and Cogeco are available.
Virgin is to be releasing greater ISP services other than wireless soon as well.

Bell hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell in the face of the new competition.

They're done for.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
$%$# Off, this is total garbage...

I spend so much time everyday on the internet reading and learning, theres so much good stuff on here publish by everyday people, what makes you think I'd want to be brainwashed even more by letting something like this happen... safe internet, bull, total... they're just trying to brainwash us even more by making some new network standard garbage.. ARGHHH!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

It would be nice if you are right. If they are looking for buzz, they are getting it because this topic has been posted on numerous boards across the net. I guess only time will tell if there are no credible sources that emerge.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I dont think this will happen, if its real and once it hits the media it would be stopped by the people im pretty sure of it. Japan is still leading the internet world with fiberoptics priced at around $30 a month if not cheaper.
Next to japan canada and usa are like the 3rd world countries in internet speed.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Canadian Cops can't quick-draw their weapons - they don't practice...

As an American, learn to use that to your advantage. The fastest draw is the freest man.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
all those who do not believe that by 2012 we will live on a prison planet, please check these schemes and othe threads about camps ect being raised across Northern America.

2012 is the year we cease to be humans, for we will enter the age of being treated worse than animals.

A boot, stamping on a face again and again, for all eternity.

Ummm or would could all just go on to the next plane of existance, the many astral planes......

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If there internet came down to a service such as this, I would simply give up service. I lived without the internet before, and I do not rely on it now, only for entertainment.

Been outside lately? Its pretty warm!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

P.S To all you worried about the net being invasive into your home?Heres a simple solution,unplugged your internet cable.Problem solved.Yeesh.Chicken littles or what?

Oh well, that would accomplish the mission of the ruling class, nobody will use the internet as a powerful and efficient tool to undermine the power of the ruling elites ever again...

No thanks, Better to let Bell and Telus run out of business and more power to independent up and comers. Only sheep subscribes to Bell and Telus.

Down with the Old and New World Order

[edit on 3-7-2008 by star in a jar]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
If there internet came down to a service such as this, I would simply give up service.

No-you-wont.

We say we will boycott, but having less is still better than none. The internet will lose it's wild west-ness slow enough to keep us from disconnecting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join