It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dare McCain fans to name his legaslative accomplishments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
There is a great deal of talk about how Obama supporters cannot name one of his accomplishments. Well I am flipping the table. I dare McCain supporters to name one of his legislative accomplishments and we all heard the sob story about how he was a pow so don't mention it, I mean legislative accomplishments

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

zero earmarks.

that alone says enough. im no mccain fan but i am republican.

GO Elephants!!!!
we have enough asses in this world already...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
www.opencongress.org...

here ya go. i am suprised you didn't do all the homework on both candidates before making your decision.

edited to add: and you call yourself a citizen of america

edited again to add: i am not a fan of mccain. just an informed observer of this circus you all call the elections.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by justamomma]

[edit on 1-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

mccain has done so much for this country!
hes left our borders wide open!
and sent all our manufacturing jobs to mexico!
and he wants us to be in iraq for 100 years so we can all have jobs forever!

...also obama sucks. hes a flip flopping corperate whore just like mccain. this election is voting between two peices of poop. you can have the nutty poop or the darker poop, man what a choice.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
reply to post by obamafan14

zero earmarks.

that alone says enough. im no mccain fan but i am republican.

GO Elephants!!!!
we have enough asses in this world already...

False, but ok

www.nytimes.com...

www.rollcall.com...

gfpmittromney.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

first thing first a blog is just an oppinion. its no news or even a good source for anything but crap.. but ok

second the ny times article says its not an ear mark. but ok

the other link i have to subscribe to and its probably liberal trash so im not waisting my time. but ok..

ture, but ok..

[edit on 15pmu82007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I am no fan of McCain.

But seriously this is not even a close contest. It wouldn't be fair to compare just because of the time difference.

I'm sure liberals love the fact that McCain (stupidly) loves to reach across the aisle and work with Democrats. He did it with Feingold, Kennedy, and I'm sure many others.

But....how many times has Obama got together with Republicans to get a bill introduced or passed. How many times has Obama reached across the aisle to work with Republicans?

[edit on 1-7-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

But....how many times has Obama got together with Republicans to get a bill introduced or passed. How many times has Obama reached across the aisle to work with Republicans?

[edit on 1-7-2008 by RRconservative]

So, regardless of republicans being wrong about some things, Obama shoudl still get with them, because you think its nobel?

Please.

here's a few things about Mccain

Voted against MLK holiday in 1983; now calls that a mistake. (Apr 2008)

I'm well-versed in economics; I was at the Reagan Revolution. (Jan 2008)
FactCheck: Said--then denied--he needed economics education. (Jan 2008)

(my personal favorite)
Bailing out Bear Stearns necessary to protect economy. (Apr 2008)
Key is to not to bail out homeowners who speculated. (Apr 2008)

Accuses republicans of wasteful spending
condemns the "bridge to no where"
but
FactCheck:Bridge-to-Nowhere never built; would serve 200,000. (Nov 2007)

edited for source:
Source for all the above

He's missed 42 straight votes Source

has missed 61% of the senate votes (record high for a senator) Source

vs.

Obama's 43% (currently in 3rd place)

Has missed every single vote on environmental issues.

Yeah.

McCain has a voting record and a politcal past.
Its just too bad written records dont go back as far as his last vote does.

[edit on -05:00America/Chicago5959370737593159 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Quite regularly, actually.

Here's one:

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) today joined a bipartisan group of senators to introduce the Keep Americans Warm Act of 2007, sponsored by Senator Bernard Sanders (I-VT). This legislation would provide an additional $1 billion in emergency funding for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) to ensure that millions of low-income families, senior citizens, and disabled Americans are able to heat their homes, keep their lights on, and cook their food during the coldest months of the year. Despite skyrocketing energy costs, President Bush not only proposed reducing LIHEAP funding in his Fiscal Year 2008 budget proposal, but also vetoed LIHEAP funding included in the Senate-passed version of the Labor HHS bill, putting millions of Americans at risk of not being able to heat their homes this winter. This legislation is cosponsored by Senators Norm Coleman (R-MN), Olympia Snowe (R-ME), John Kerry (D-MA), and Sherrod Brown (D-RI).

There's the nuclear nonproliferation bill:

WASHINGTON – President Bush today signed the Lugar-Obama proliferation and threat reduction initiative into law.

Authored by U.S. Sens. Dick Lugar (R-IN) and Barack Obama (D-IL), the Lugar-Obama initiative expands U.S. cooperation to destroy conventional weapons. It also expands the State Department's ability to detect and interdict weapons and materials of mass destruction.

Both texts taken from Obama's Senate website.

How about the landmark lobby reform bill he led, that passed 96-2?

See it here

And perhaps the most telling - Republican Senator Gordon Smith or Oregon is running his re-election campaign not by touting his credentials with the GOP, but by waving around his efforts with Barack Obama in bipartisan senate legislation!

"Who says Gordon Smith helped lead the fight for better gas mileage and a cleaner environment?" asks the ad's narrator. "Barack Obama. He joined with Gordon and broke through a 20-year deadlock to pass new laws which increase gas mileage for automobiles."

Taken from Sen. Smith's ad.

Read about it:
blogs.abcnews.com...

top topics

join