It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s really happening?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
All these threads and all this theory about what happened on that day, but what is going on? Where does it all go?

I guess what I am really trying to as is, what is being done about it?

There are thousands of posts, texts, threads and forums, all telling of stories and theories about the day and how the Government did this, or failed to do that.

Is there a person or people out there doing something about it? I don’t mean sitting on forums and talking among themselves about how bad it was and then arguing how this and that. I mean real hard in the press (mainstream) action.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Not one person can answer above question.

Is it you all don’t care or you just don’t know. Everyone prepared to spend 100+ Hours writing crap about how they feel the Government #ed them, all because it makes their nights more interesting and puts the fear of God into some people (hardon factor) yet no one can tell me what’s really going on with this, where the real action is and what is really being done about the events of that day.

No wonder they will get away with it, how could they fail!

No conspiracy in here people. Not fantastic enough

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
that's why i stay out of the 9/11 threads (this being an exception). look at all that is going on that is wrong right NOW...... but a lot seem to be so busy searching for more things to prove their theory right which begs the question... is it all just to say you are right or is it bc you really do want to do the right thing for the sake of everyone involved. if it is the latter, i would think that for now, all that can be proved is proven to those that want to see it. time to move on for the time being and focus on where we are right now.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The same thing, I suspect, as is happening with the JFK assasination information. New information will surface. Other bits of info will be fabricated. OLd information will be discounted, debunked, rebunked, and all the while the persons that hold the keys to the information station aren't telling us what the frequency is.

In regards to 9/11, I believe there is disinformation spread to tend people to question and ridicule the entire theory. It's an old tactic, and it still works. My opinion.

This is most likely the point where someone should surface and say "WTH?? If you can't CLEARLY see that [fill in your favorite sub-theory] is a FACT, then you must be blind or asleep lolololol".

OR:

"Isn't it obvious what happened? Didn't you watch my youtube? You must be an idiot! wake up!"

These kind of things just cause me, and I suspect most people, to turn off the switch, change the channel, skip a thread or blog.

No, it's not obvious to me. Yes, I've watched many many youtubes, read reports, read theories, listened how people made claims of an aircraft taking off with a full passenger manifest, who somehow failed to notice the two (or sometimes four) shiny new cannisters of napalm, thermite, etc. strapped to the underside. I've gone through physics calculations step by step with online posts, and have concluded that real-time things do not always happen in the neat and precise way that occur with pen, paper and calculator. I DO think there is evidence that strongly indicates the whole picture hasn't been disclosed to us, the citizen.

Asleep or a sheep? Are those our choices? Meanwhile, on with the information gathering and discussion, because the devil is in the details, and that's where the truth will be found.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb
Is there a person or people out there doing something about it?

Yes there are people doing something about it with direct action... they usually get arrested as terrorists and sent to Guantanamo...

You see the problem is this... if you stand up against the tyranny that exists at the heart of our so called civilisation, you immediately get identified and either assassinated directly or are removed.

The truth is the Muslims are the victims, the stooges. I suspect that in our distant future, we will look back and ask the question how the people could allow it to happen...

We are all caught in a trap, we are like flies stuck on the proverbial fly paper... we know the danger and yet there is nothing directly we can do about it...

Or is there???

This is where the truth movement comes in..

If enough people are aware of the truth... The Global conspiracy becomes very easy to see in action.

Once you accept that the US Government sanctioned the deaths of more than 7000 of their own citizens just so they could sway public opinion, you realise what they are capable of..

Once you understand that the media is a mind control machine designed to get you to believe what they want and do what they want..

You begin to see what really drives the global fuel prices going up, the global food prices going up... the real reason behind GM crops and the reason there is a global economic downturn...

The truth is a far stronger weapon than a bomb. If enough people stand up together then and only then will we see global revolution...

The purpose of the truth movement is to create one world unity not one world government / new world order.

The army of truthers is growing and the more of us there are the weaker the powers that be become...

Power to the People!!

NeoN HaZe

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
InterWeb
no way
if we drop our game now then its saying that its a NON-ISSUE

It is an ISSUE..... one that can`t be forgotten until it is resolved.
and un resolved issue will spiral into infinity.
an un resoved number goes to infinity...
an un resolved musical passage will also go to infinity.

an unresoved problem will not help anything.....
I don`t think we are forgetting about what is going on right
now.....

911 is a HUGE part of what is going on right now.....

Its a part and parcel .....

lets not let these murdering bastardos and their traitorous
lackys and brainwashed followers to knock us off our game.

we are the TRUTH and we will speak it till our end....
POWER TO THE PEOPLE

truthers score 100
shills score 0

thanx for playing todays episode of
"Truth or Consequences"
tune in tommorow

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply’s.

I did not mean in a revolution sense, while productions such as loose change (and its many chapters) are hard hitting and graphic in getting the message across (to some people) what do they really offer in way of the road ahead. We are now years from that event and day and all we have is a mishmash of lies, tales and not much else.

I was talking about lawfully, legally, officially and properly taking on the people, who many deem to have a hand in the day’s event, and showing them via the courts that there really is action being done on this. I think this is the only way mainstream news groups would take the story forward and give it anything resembling “airtime”

So is there anything out there, that is being done, that is not really “out there” in the ‘wow that’s insane to many’ stakes?

Are there facts and if there are, why are these facts not being channelled into legal action, action in which not only the fringe (or as some see it) tuned in can agree on and watch with interest, without the fear of argument and all for the cause of an end answer.

I did not ask the question for a “who is right and who is wrong” debate, we have had 1000’s of them. What about some, well let’s go forward, agree on some important things and see who’s right.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb
I think this is the only way mainstream news groups would take the story forward and give it anything resembling “airtime”

Ha!

The mainstream media will never give the 9/11 conspiracies any quality, respectful and realistic air time.

You are forgetting who owns the media:

FOX News - News Corporation
ABC - ABC News
CNN - Time Warner
NBC - General Electric

News Corporation. Council on Foreign Relations!
ABC News. Council on Foreign Relations!
Time Warner. Council on Foreign Relations!
General Electric. Council on Foreign Relations!

Who had a hand in 9/11? Council on Foreign Relations!

Who owns and runs the United States Government? Council on Foreign Relations!

Trust me, this story will never see the light of day. It is buried - forever.

As for me, what am I personally doing for 9/11 activism? Nothing. I have moved beyond 9/11, partially due to the extreme annoyance of people's ignorance - on BOTH SIDES! - that I get when discussing it.

But the main reason I have moved beyond 9/11 is there is a larger conspiracy at work. A more global conspiracy. Granted, a lot of what is happening now was made possible by 9/11. But a lot of what is happening now was planned pre-9/11, and not by the Bush Administration, as simple minded individuals like to believe.

Those powerful few who masterminded those attacks are the people I am devoting my time to researching. They reside mainly in the Trilateral Commission, Council on Foreign Relations and the Bilderberg Group.

The tip of the pyramid is what everyone needs to educate themselves on.

We can sit and argue about 9/11 for eternity, with no results. Or we can realize that 9/11, although perceived as major because it occurred in plain public view, was only one additional event in a long line of events that have been orchestrated by this elite few, and educate ourselves and each other on that elite few.

I chose the latter.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
You sound like a person who wants to work within the system for change. I'm sure there are many like you. Have you thought about approaching the political party of your choice and looking for like minded individuals.

9/11 is not a partizan issue, just as murder is not a partizan issue. What do people do about an unsolved murder? They try to solve it. I would suggest getting involved in working with someone who is trying to get some legal action going on some aspect of the 9/11 related issues.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Okay, great thread first of all.

One thing that is being done - former Senator Mike Gravel, who was a candidate in the current presidential election, is calling for a new, independent 9-11 investigation. This came up just last month, and of course I learned about it through alternative media sources.

What are we doing? What am I doing? What are you doing? Yes, let me turn that question around to you before I answer.

One thing that this forum accomplishes is an exchange of information from all sides. Those like myself who are "doing something about it" will come here to research and discuss the issues. This is a great way to prepare for public disclosure.

It's mostly true what NovusOrdoMundi says:

The mainstream media will never give the 9/11 conspiracies any quality, respectful and realistic air time.

They will avoid it until they absolutely have to report on it. For now, pursuing mainstream media coverage is a dead end. So what can we do? Is the mainstream media the best way to get a message across? Well if you think about advertising, the most effective means of getting a message across about a product or service is word-of-mouth.

That's one thing we can do, perhaps our most powerful tool - speaking out. Tell your families, friends, and co-workers about what you know. The way you do this is crucial. Don't do it with the intension to sway their beliefs one way or the other - do it with a simple desire to share information. You can do it in a non-aggressive way. This will make a far bigger impact then trying to argue or insult another for what they believe.

One thing I run into time and again is the reply "well if that were true the media would have found out and been all over it." Therefore, my focus has been on the media recently. I'm writing a detailed article about the media connections to groups such as the Bilderberg group. At the very top, understand that NBC/General Electric, CBS/Viacom, ABC/Disney, CNN/AOL/Time Warner, and FOX/News Corporation are not competitors. They are the "media-opoly." People like Conrad Black, Roy Disney, Rupert Murdoch, Ronald H. Grierson, James Kimsey, Sumner Redstone etc. etc. etc. - they all have the same interests. The people I mentioned represent all of the media groups above, and are just a few of the Bilderberg group attendees. What do they discuss in secret and never report on? How about a 9-11 cover-up? How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Thanks again for the great thread.

Your friend,
Maat

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Some people that do speak out or try to do something, specially government and military people are threatened or punished.

Specailly when the Army states the following.

Army: Doubting Official 9/11 Story Is ‘Disloyal To The United States’

[edit on 17-7-2008 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Reading what people think is interesting when there is no BS in the thread.

The media run our lifes, what we watch, how we see and even how we feel. I don't think the truth of what happened will ever be fully known. Just like JFK, no matter if there were 15 shooters or just a lone nut, it does not matter, as we are just not in the loop.

I really thought this time, there would have been an outcry in the USA, people on the streets, people demanding answers, people fighting for the truth, not only on forums, but hand to face, angry at what came after the event, or the lack thereof.

new topics

top topics

join