It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Supporters unable to name one of his Accomplishments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
this one didn't take long. nothing to see here folks.

On January 30, 2007, Barack Obama introduced the Iraq War De-Escalation Act of 2007 (S 433). The plan would stop the planned troop increase of 21,500 in Iraq, and would also begin a phased redeployment of troops from Iraq with the goal of removing all combat forces by March 31, 2008.

failed and therefore can hardly be considered an accomplishment.

next.......

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
cosponsored the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act, S-2611

wow.... another supposed "accomplishment" that just fizzled in the wind.

This bill never became law. This bill was proposed in a previous session of Congress. Sessions of Congress last two years, and at the end of each session all proposed bills and resolutions that haven't passed are cleared from the books.

ya know....... i am done until one of the supporters comes on and can show me that THEY have done the research. i find this highly laughable these things are being listed as accomplishments and bought hook line and sinker by those who may WANT change, but would rather be entertained by a good entertainer.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Look at the links, Lloyd. I'm sorry. I assumed you would read the posts and look at the reference material. Click on the links.
I did, but they gave me a headache.. Sorry

Perhaps reading glasses are in order? There are plenty of accomplishments listed there, but you may have to read through a few... words. I don't have a bulleted list on me, if that's what you require... And if you REALLY wanted to know his accomplishments, you would mind reading the words that surround them. Here, let me provide some assistance. From my3rd link (formatted for easier reading):

• The Lugar-Obama bill
  • Coburn-Obama Transparency Act
  • ethics/lobbying reform bill
  • Iraq War De-Escalation Act of 2007
  • cosponsored the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act, S-2611
  • health insurance for an additional 20,000 Illinois children
  • death penalty reform

This list goes on.
Nah, my eyesight is fine, it's the vacuous content that's causing the headaches..

All the items listed above have amounted to nothing more than " A Tempest in a Teapot", except for the health insurance for 20,000 children legislation. Though good intentioned, it was submitted during a serious budget deficit which was more detrimental than helpful to the taxpayers.

And here is a paragraph (hope it's not too confusing)

He is on the senate committees for foreign relations; homeland security; veterans affairs; health, education, labor and pensions. He studied political science with an emphasis on international relations and Columbia. And he's gone on three major trips overseas as part of an official Senate delegation, meeting with U.S. generals, and/or foreign leaders.
It's amazing that he's been on so many committees, but has accomplished nothing worthwhile isn't it?

Thank you. I will. I'm sorry you don't know what it means. Have you tried the dictionary?
I know what it means in English, but you must have the Obamabunto version which I don't have a copy of.

And I'll also be voting for the man and his accomplishments, of which I am well aware as I have READ about them.
It isn't really that hard to do.
If there were only more informed Obama supporters like yourself.. Maybe you could translate all his speeches for us, then we too will know "What He Really is Saying"..

[edit on 7/1/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
first off, why the hell when i click "reply to" on a thread, does it not always post the header for my reply to show whom im replying to? Pisses me off.

This is a reply to justamomma's post that says

i would think those who are supporting obama would want to take the opportunity to list some of his accomplishments out here. kind of seems like a challenge to me that those who support obama on this site are failing. i personally love a challenge and would take it on, except i agree w/ the op. looking and interested in having my mind changed. (and don't say go do the research bc i have and have found little next to nothing). prove him wrong!!

Holy christ, are you kidding me? Is this your first day on these boards?
First off - not only does this very post exist under a different name, where many examples have been given, but there are NUMEROUS other examples doing exactly what you claim hasnt been done.

Since your reading comprehension is constrained to a narrow minded point of view, allow me to do the grunt work for you:

Here is the same thread, under a different name.

Uh Oh here's another one

infact, you can find a war and peace book sized list of threads that ask "what does obama mean by change"

so to answer your question, and continue my grunt work on your behalf

Answer #1

Answer #2

Answer #3

Answer #4

Answer #5

I could go on all day, but i'll give you a hint

hit the "search button" at the top of the ATS page, and type in your keywords there....its amazing what a little looking around will yeild you.

To answer your question of "why hasnt anyone used this as an opportunity to answer the question"?

We already have. Many many many times. Adnauseum.
Lloyd seems to be running out of topics, so he's rehatching older ones under a different name.

Doesnt mean it hasnt been answered already.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
almost done

can someone please provide a list of these additional 20,000 illinois children so that i know that this is not MORE smoke being blown up my arse.

referring to the listed accomplishment:

health insurance for an additional 20,000 Illinois children

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
first off, why the hell when i click "reply to" on a thread, does it not always post the header for my reply to show whom im replying to? Pisses me off.

This is a reply to justamomma's post that says

i would think those who are supporting obama would want to take the opportunity to list some of his accomplishments out here. kind of seems like a challenge to me that those who support obama on this site are failing. i personally love a challenge and would take it on, except i agree w/ the op. looking and interested in having my mind changed. (and don't say go do the research bc i have and have found little next to nothing). prove him wrong!!

let me guess. you are an obama supporter, right? cause if you would have done your research, you would already have known the answer to this question.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I did, but they gave me a headache.. Sorry

typical kop-out. You know you're wrong if you read them.

If John McCain, George Bush, Rush Limbaugh, or Sean Hannity, were to say "the sky is actually a dark dark green, you are all just color blind"

You would believe them, and site numerous examples of your own rhetoric to back it up.

If you cannot read the material - then why continue arguing your stance? Blind ignorance sort of goes against the motto of ATS afterall...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

let me guess. you are an obama supporter, right? cause if you would have done your research, you would already have known the answer to this question.

If that is your only response, then i suppose you're too embarassed in the face of truth, to admit you were wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

so to answer your question, and continue my grunt work on your behalf

Answer #1

no one said you had too.
but thanks. here we go again.

problem w/ answer #1 was to be found in the very first sentence:

All of this, from his official website www.barackobama.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

still waiting on the other 4

you make a claim that nobody has defined what obama means about change

so how does OBAMA HIMSELF making that claim, negate an answer to your question?

Sorry, but blind ignorance is very confusing to me.

You dont want to believe. That is all there is to it. Someone could spell it out on a cracker and feed it to you, and you'd spit it back out saying "no thanks, ill starve"

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
problem w/ #2:

www.barackobama.com...

COME ON!!
is this what i will be finding on all the answers. dare i waste my time?
i think i dare!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

On January 30, 2007, Barack Obama introduced the Iraq War De-Escalation Act of 2007 (S 433). The plan would stop the planned troop increase of 21,500 in Iraq, and would also begin a phased redeployment of troops from Iraq with the goal of removing all combat forces by March 31, 2008.

next.......

gee, it took me about 45 seconds on google to find his legislative accomplishments, bills sponsored, bills co-sponsored, bills passed

i guess you have a hard time typing, because i just went in and found them easily. so another boring right-wing lie on ATS about obama. how many is that now, 30 or 40? but, good news for you!!! it's only the 1st of july and you have plenty of time left for more!!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
as i suspected

#3 www.barackobama.com...
#4 www.barackobama.com... (that one actually TAKES you to the site which is more convenient for sure, thank you)

#5 one of the supporters of obama and an ats member giving a speech about change blah blah and about well, more change.

still, none of my questions have been answered unbaisedly. i made them unbiasedly. i am an undecided, ya know. convince me

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

how, in the realm of common sense and understanding, can you have an "unbiased answer" to a biased question?

"What does obama mean by change"?

You aksed that question

you have your answers. If they come from BARACK obama himself, what better source to answer your quesiton.

IF you disagree with him, fine, but that doesnt mean your question was not answered.

People like you absolutely amaze me. I simply cannot phathom how someone can live in such a fantasy world, either you dont realize it, or you love not knowing the truth.

edit

i am an undecided, ya know. convince me

your ignorance and your "instigation" ...methods....(tactics is too big of a word for you)

clearly represent who you support. You have already been decided, or you would see that your question has been answered.

Its as simple as moving your mouse, reading whats on your screen, and feeling better about yourself.

Trust me, McCain wont know you changed your mind, until its time to vote.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

next.......

gee, it took me about 45 seconds on google to find his legislative accomplishments, bills sponsored, bills co-sponsored, bills passed

i guess you have a hard time typing, because i just went in and found them easily. so another boring right-wing lie on ATS about obama. how many is that now, 30 or 40? but, good news for you!!! it's only the 1st of july and you have plenty of time left for more!!

nope not a right winger. that is what is so funny to me. you get so defensive rather than offensive. instead of just answering the questions, you side step them w/ insults. hey! some of you would make GREAT politicians!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
To me, the underlying issue at hand is not so much whether or not Obama has actually had accomplishments. It's that his supporters support him without even knowing what they are. It's clear the people in the videos are taken in by his charisma and promises of a better America while not really knowing anything about what all the man has done or what he plans to do. And that is what is alarming to me.

They fell for the marketing like people rushing out to buy the Pet Rock in the 1970's. Eventually they will wake up and realize they just spent money on a rock because they were taken in by all the hype.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

First off - not only does this very post exist under a different name, where many examples have been given, but there are NUMEROUS other examples doing exactly what you claim hasnt been done.
"I believe BH has already pointed out that there's a similar thread in a different forum.

Do you have an objection to people re-examining the issue from a slightly different perspective?

Since your reading comprehension is constrained to a narrow minded point of view, allow me to do the grunt work for you:

Personal criticisms seem a bit uncalled for don't you think? Especially seeing that most of your links cite Barack Obama's web site, you, or BH on the subject.. Hardly unbiased sources in my opinion.

To answer your question of "why hasnt anyone used this as an opportunity to answer the question"?

We already have. Many many many times. Adnauseum.
Lloyd seems to be running out of topics, so he's rehatching older ones under a different name.

Doesnt mean it hasnt been answered already.
I think you meant to say "ad nauseum" and "rehashing"? I'm not out of topics, I just like to do things one at a time for the sake of thoroughness.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

next.......

nope not a right winger. that is what is so funny to me. you get so defensive rather than offensive. instead of just answering the questions, you side step them w/ insults. hey! some of you would make GREAT politicians!

sorry pal, i don't play defense against a person with no offense. no list of accomplishments is needed in this thread. people just need to go look them up, not explain them to you. o yeah, i forgot the smiley faces

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
To me, the underlying issue at hand is not so much whether or not Obama has actually had accomplishments. It's that his supporters support him without even knowing what they are. It's clear the people in the videos are taken in by his charisma and promises of a better America while not really knowing anything about what all the man has done or what he plans to do. And that is what is alarming to me.

They fell for the marketing like people rushing out to buy the Pet Rock in the 1970's. Eventually they will wake up and realize they just spent money on a rock because they were taken in by all the hype.

DING DING DING!!! and here ladies and gentlemen is where i am coming from. i am giving you every opportunity to convince this jaded american who has believed in politician after politician only to find out that they were all just smokes and mirrors.

my questions may have the quality of one that is jesting, but you are mistaken. i am cyncical.
if this were a thread about mccain, i would be asking the same things.

insults do nothing but turn ppl off to your candidate. if you really think there is something that the rest of us should be paying attention to, then ya should be out there researching on UNBIASED official sites for legite accomplishments and posting THAT up. until i get that, i can't go either way w. these candidates.

and as long as you continue to act in a grade school manner about this, i will keep
at you all

[edit on 1-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
To me, the underlying issue at hand is not so much whether or not Obama has actually had accomplishments.
A star for you! That was the whole intention of the thread, not to argue what Obama's accomplishments might be.

He has millions of supporters who are voting for him out of desperation alone. They want change, and that's what he's promising. Aside from that, they appear to be clueless as to his track record as a legislator.

There have been many orators throughout history that have awed and inspired their listeners with flowery words and promises of Hope, change, and unity. But for the most part, all they got in return for their support was despair, stagnation, and isolation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join