It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member shots has passed away

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It is with a sad heart that I tell you that one of our ATS fellow members, who we knew as shots, has lost his battle with Lou Gehrig's disease.

I learned of his passing from his family. I hadn't seen him around for awhile, so I dropped him an email. His wife informed me of his death. She was glad to hear from an ATS member; she said shots spoke of us often but she didn't know how to contact us to let us know he had passed.

He will always be remembered as a strong-willed man, a person who loved the heat of debate. He stuck to his guns like a bulldog. I feel fortunate that he counted me among his friends. I will miss him sorely.

Rest in peace, shots.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
He will be missed

May he Rest in Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Rest in peace man. May you find the answers you were looking for all along.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Aww well he's off to a better place now.

We should feel happy for him.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Whoa.

“The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man.” - William Blake

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
R.I.P Shots!

You will be missed!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
God Rest His Soul.

I have spoken to him many times, this is a loss for ATS.

R.I.P Shots.

Oni x x

P.S Love and karma to his family xxx

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Oni x x]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Did not know the man, but may he rest in peace.
All the best to his family and loved ones from ours.

Is there anywhere we could send a card or flowers?

[edit on 30-6-2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thoughts and Prayers to your family Shots.
You will be missed terribly.

side note : check the ATS banner top right hand side of page, nice Bill, very nice.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
shots, you must have been a good person. The three amigos thought enough of you to give you a black armband on the site logo.

Rest in peace, friend.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I didn't get the pleasure either. But I'm sure he was a good'un. My deepest condolences to his family,and all who knew him better than I did.

R.I.P fellow truth seeker.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
shots was a well respected and valued member of ATS, he will be missed dearly.

I feel fortunate having had the opportunity to read what shots had to share.

Thank you shots,

May you Rest in Peace.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Rest in Peace, friend Shots. My condolences and prayers to the family.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thankyou for letting us know, I did not know shots yet is with great respect that I say my goodbyes to a fellow truth seeker.
Julie (antar)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I've had many encounters on ATS with shots, most of the time our conversations where heated and a lot of mud throwing at each other. Whatever was said or arguments constructed by myself, he was a man of princple.

One thread, we debated for page after page; did get pretty heated at one point and I said some words which got me warned - rightly so - but shots never lowered himself or retaliated with insulting or personal remarks towards me. That's what I always admired about him.

In a way, I think we looked forward to debating eachother, but my biggest regret was never telling him how much I respected him as an opponent and as a fellow member
He is going to be well and truly missed by the ATS family and shots was apart of this family...

shots, I look forward to meeting you in the next life

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same."-- Anonymous

[edit on 30-6-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Rest in peace Shots.

May his family find peace and strength.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
R.I.P

I remember his posts from back in the day, and had a few minor skirmishes with him myself. Very sad news. My most genuine condolences to his family.

And to you, shots, wherever you are now; good luck out there, Sir. I hope you find peace.

"At the top of the mountain, we are all snow leopards." -- Hunter.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Damn, I wasn't aware he had ALS. Such a devastating disease, not only for the person who has it, but for that person's family and friends. Shots and I never agreed on much here at ATS, but that don't mean anything in the grand scheme of life.

Rest in peace brotha!

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Lucky. Simple. Easy. Free.

If it wasn't so hard for the people around us to cope, I can't see how you can beat that deal.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
He will always be remembered as a strong-willed man, a person who loved the heat of debate. He stuck to his guns like a bulldog.

THAT he did with a passion and fervor equalled only by but a few who have posted and or passed within the realm of ATS, in my opinion.

Thank you for bringing this to our attentions, jso... very much, so

shots you often held your ground despite and no matter the extent of opposition. At times, even when it may have seemed a failed but valiant effort. KUDOS, to you.

It would seem that you fought the same good fight in real life as well. A trait which I feel quite certain is in the minority amongst the membership here and elsewhere... and I mean that whole-heartedly.

My thoughts, condolences, and best wishes go out to both you and yours at this time of grief and mourning.

May you rest in peace. shots.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join