It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate GOP 'won't be in the majority' next year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
CAN YOU JUST ADMIT IT WAS THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION PLEASE?

How can you blame the economic down turn in 2001 on the current administration? Bush only took office 2000.
How can you not blame Clinton since he was the one who put forth the economic plan during that time which raised taxes and increased government.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

I don't see any way that the righties will have any sort of majority any time in the near future. The trick tactics are stale and people have stopped believing anything they have to say after watching them destroy and divide our country for nearly a decade.

Look at the:
-economy
-unemployment rate
-war
-way we are viewed in the world
-energy
-civil liberties lost...

I can go on for days.

(I bet you try to blame Clinton) so:

The Clinton years were more prosperous than those under Bush. Gross domestic product growth in Clinton's term averaged better than 3.7 percent, compared with 2.4 percent in Bush's presidency so far. Incomes rose faster -- weekly earnings were up 6.4 percent, compared with 1.3 percent under Bush -- and Clinton left office with a $128 billion budget surplus, while the Congressional Budget Office projects a deficit of $357 billion for 2008.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The trick tactics are stale and people have stopped believing anything they have to say after watching them destroy and divide our country for nearly a decade.

Wow, it sounds like you are talking about the Democrats. Good job!

Plus, I get you forgot how things played out. Let's see.....
First, Bush inherited the Clinton recession. Then there was 9/11 which led to the war in A-stan and Iraq. We also had numerous devastating natural disasters like Katrina. Even with all of that our economy is still NOT in a recession. I think that says a lot. Your comments regarding the economy during the Clinton admin depends on who you ask. If you ask people receiving government handouts then yes, it was better for them.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Then there was 9/11 which led to the war in A-stan and Iraq.

Haha. You proved me right before I even finished reading you post.

911 had NOTHING TO DO WITH IRAQ! HAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Haha. You proved me right before I even finished reading you post.

911 had NOTHING TO DO WITH IRAQ! HAHAHAHAHA!

Please try and stay on topic.
Of course Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 so I don't know what point you are trying to make. I was just pointing out that we had two wars. Please try and stay on topic and thanks for ignoring my previous post.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't think any one sitting President could do all of this.We are seeing the Republic slowly being dismantled and while we bicker about whether it was a Democrat or a Republican, the real sinister creator of this mess is continuing on like a freight train out of control.Who? Well just look into Eisenhower's final speech as President.He warned us back then.It is the military industrial complex thats who.We are experiencing a take over by corporate fascist.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Why don't people be honest about it for once and call a spade a spade.

What was the movement conservatism's push to establish a permanant Republican majority and lock liberals and Democrats and anyone else who disagreed with them out of power all about?

Nothing less than a coup de estat... an attempt to create a one party state which is antithetical to both a democracy and a republic.

It was attempted treason against our established form of government as enshrined in the constituition.

Nothing more and nothing less and no amount of spin can change that.

Actually a lot of people understood it for what it was but just don't want to talk about it.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by grover]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Then how do you account for the 50+ years that the Democrats where in controll of both houses, many times with a democrat at the helm as POTUS! Republicans only had controll of both houses and POTUS for 2 years and they are responsible for every misstep since WW1??? Sounds a bit far fetched and alot of sour grapes to me. Matter of fact is that most of the worlds problems that are being blamed on the US and the republicans have been dumped on us by other nations who created the problems and then walked away and screamed in the UN that something must be done. We jumped into the fray because the democrats wanted face time on TV and played the heart strings of the foolishly guilty conscience of American liberals.

Zindo

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Nonsense. It is not nor has it ever been all liberals and democrats fault... that is simplistic to the point of childish.

Since the late 70's movement conservatism has plotted a permanant republican take over of government... I've read what the likes of grover norquist, james gilmore, newt the gingrich and the like have written.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Republicans are weak. No leadership. No more do they want to limit government.

I used to laugh at Democrats and their weak candidates...ALGORE, John Kerry, and now Hussein Obama. But we counter with John McCain? John McCain is the best we got?

I can't see Hussein Obama winning the election, and all John McCain is going to do is bow down to Democrats, and slam conservative all along the way. But at least we will be safer with McCain.

Either way Hussein Obama for 4 years or McCain for 4 years. Hopefully that will give Repubicans time to come up with a real conservative leader, someone on par with Ronald Reagan

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
When you are tools going to realize it makes no difference who is in control. WAKE UP SHEEPLE they are BOTH corrupt. Its not just Bush its ALL of them. A few intelligent people have pointed out that the Dems have allowed this to go on even since 2006. They have had a chance to impeach Bush didnt happen I mean on and on I can go and when you look at history like Zindo pointed out it was the DEMS who used to get us in these problems. The Republicans used to be a decent party even though they were corrupt they certainly were the lesser of two evils but they have since been hijacked by the Christian right and Big Business and the Jewish Lobby. Im sorry people if your looking for some miracle after this election its not going to happen.

Viva La Liberte

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join