It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why aliens DON'T need to eat humans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There have been many dubious theories about aliens, in particular greys and reptilians, who for some reason (these theories claim) NEED to eat human flesh to survive.

There are reasons why this cannot be the case.

What did they survive on before coming to Earth to find tasty humans?

Why do they need to abduct humans for food, whole or parts? They could breed them.

And if they breed them why do they breed them to adult stage for some to escape and whistle blow about it? Don’t humans prefer younger lambs to mutton, so why would aliens prefer older tougher meat? Which would take more resources to grow than younger food sources.

Some have suggested that the aliens eat the humans for their energy. But, if that is the case why would the aliens want their meat to suffer first as that would not improve the energy levels.

Also, if the aliens are after energy they would not need the primate way of eating flesh to survive.

They could get their nutritional need met in many other ways.

Also, some have suggested that they NEED human fluids to survive. If these aliens are advanced enough to genetic engineer life, not to mention space and dimensional travel! (which is always part of the theories involving humans as food) they could simply produce the fluids and flesh they need in more efficient ways.

And as a footnote to this topic I ask what makes you think humans SHOULD be the 'top of the food chain'? It is more than a little hypocritical for a race that breeds animals for food (not to mention animal experiments!) to then complain that another race doesn't respect their superiority as a food source.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The is 80 different species of aliens.

There are some we don't even know of and some good and bad.

If they want to eat us they can. No theory's about it.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The people that believe aliens come here to eat us are victims of hollywood. Now, I am sure that it could be possible in an isolated case, but the chances of an entire contact experience being based on sentience canibalism I find very slim. It's much less likely than you being eaten by your neighbour imo.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Marsrising

I want to add my "yeah, but!" as well. A very technologically advanced race has been around for a very long time. Tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of our years?? They evolved on another planet, right? Tasty humans certainly were't anywhere to be found there, one would imagine.

Then, we have the other ideas of multiple species, who apparently don't eat each other.....why? Because maybe sufficiently advanced cultures recognize sentience when they see it. We generally (at least in Western cultures) don't eat Primates, Dolphins and the like. Why not? Do they taste bad?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Perhaps the "eating" is more metaphorical that a physical consumption? What if they feed off of strong emotional energy?

I don't have proof the "others" exist. I believe they do. I personally have a difficult time trusting any entity that chooses, for whatever the reason, to remain hidden.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The whole "they feed of our energy" emotional vampire theory is even more teneous than the alien predator theory.

That they could have a mean streak and wan't to control us I would more easily accept, and even this I consider a very long shot.

I can't prove a negative ofc, but I doubt spacefareing aliens as a whole are agressive, it just seems to be out of what being advanced means. If they're advanced they should have technology to fulfill their needs and to not want to hurt others. And the whole "limited resources" universe model seems to come out of us, because I believe we're being kept from the true abundance of energy physics allows us.

I could be wrong ofc, but if I were to bet... 10-1 they're good guys, or at least just studying us.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
TO SERVE MAN

IT'S A COOKBOOK!

Sorry, I had to put that line for the classic "Twilight Zone" episode. I would guess if they came here to use us as food they have a HUGE supply. And with the world's obesity problem we're not dry!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just to play Devil's advocate, here....

How do we know we are not a primary food source that existed on a different planet simultaneously with the "greys" and/or "reptoids", and we are simply part of an interstellar 'farm'?

Evolution? I've not seen any evidence that convinces me it's true. Regardless, it wouldn't be difficult to trick the farm to believe anything.

Do I really believe aliens are here to eat us? No.

However, I like to play the tables and keep people thinking - and that, above, is something that can't be ruled out by anything we can verify today - any more than the explanation for why they are not here to eat us can be verified.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't think you have to care really since aliens aren't real.At least there is no proof of existence.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Perhaps the "eating" is more metaphorical that a physical consumption? What if they feed off of strong emotional energy?

I don't have proof the "others" exist. I believe they do. I personally have a difficult time trusting any entity that chooses, for whatever the reason, to remain hidden.

I did address the 'energy' theory in my original post. One main argument against it, is that there are many, many other beings they could feed energy off. Why humans? Sounds like a human ego trip "Ooo look at me, I am sooooo special my energy is sought from light years away". I seriously doubt aliens come here to suck our energy.

Also, psychic energy, the soul, whatever, does not have to exist in actual proximity to the physical body -and many theories suggest it does not - therefore, an advanced race that has figured out how to transmute our soul energy for food consumption surely would have figured out a more efficient way to get it than probing the physical body.

It is wrong to assume that the ONLY reason a race hides is for dishonest reasons. People stay in hiding for safety reasons all the time, are you saying they shouldn’t be trusted for trying to protect themselves? Jews hid from the Nazis, that certainly wasn’t for dishonest reasons! Catholics hid from the protestants forces in England. Pagans hid from Catholics etc. People had hidden themselves and their true beliefs and actions throughout history, not because they were evil or had a hidden agenda but because they feared the consequences of coming out into the open.

Added to that we do not publicly know what has gone on between off Earth races and Earth governments, NATO, UN etc. So, how can we be sure why they stay in hiding?

The question is not why do they hide themselves but why do they make any contact at all?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
Just to play Devil's advocate, here....

How do we know we are not a primary food source that existed on a different planet simultaneously with the "greys" and/or "reptoids", and we are simply part of an interstellar 'farm'?

The farm theory would make more sense if they had denied the human race the chance to form societies and produce technology, Art, etc. If Earth is a farm for food we would have to assume the aliens started it, in which case they could have just kept everyone in cages and at a very limited intelligent level by genetic manipulation. Which they would definitely be capable of if they were capable of making a whole planet a farm for food!

So why did they allow the massive scale of development for humans if they were destined for food? And why are they only eating a fraction of us?

We don't encourage cows, pigs and sheep to study quantum mechanics!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
you sir, are very correct in your statements. bravo to you.

some people just need to be afraid of something to feel fulfilled in life. it's a shame.

star & flag

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well we don't need to eat cows,pigs or chickens to survive but we do. Why cause we like the taste of meat. Who knows maybe these aliens find the taste of human meat to be the equivalant of filet mingon or bacon. Truth is we just don't know and can speculate all we want but if they do eat humans, good we deserve it for doing the same to intelligent animals like pigs.

Also I kinda would like to eat some aliens since they seem to have a taste for us. I love meat and a draconian lizard fried up sounds good(tastes like chicken i bet). Greys on the other hand seem to skinny to eat, no muscle or fat.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
To be serious for an moment, wouldn't they take better care of their food stock? I would think they would want us healthy to eat us. No one would eat a cow if they knew it was sick. Then again with this health craze that started it the 1970s...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

80 species?
Where do get this from?
Care to name them, or show pics?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My main point is that they don't NEED to eat us but that there are also reasons why they probably don’t for any other reason than need anyway.

Why would they encourage smoking and alcohol if Earth was a farm?

I also can't see the point in eating them. Tasty grilled or fried or not!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well...i dont think if aliens were visitng here they would come to eat us...probably less civilized aliens not capable of such technology maybe would,then again depends how far the realm of conscious goes...there are varying degrees of it...noone can say for certain how much consciousness would change in another million years of evolution,it could be vastly different..i dont think we could even start to imagine what sort of outlook aliens of such magnitude see things etc....Then again,maybe even the first signs of consciousness is a sign of an advanced species developing and a cherished trait in the universe....again all speculation from everyones part...no one really has the slightest clue.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.

Source

I don't believe that aliens are eating us but I can't prove this either way so I thought I would throw this out there. There's so many children that go missing each year and I'm wondering "is there that many irresponsible parents out there", or are aliens really abducting them and making it look like we did it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marsrising
There have been many dubious theories about aliens, in particular greys and reptilians, who for some reason (these theories claim) NEED to eat human flesh to survive.

And as a footnote to this topic I ask what makes you think humans SHOULD be the 'top of the food chain'? It is more than a little hypocritical for a race that breeds animals for food (not to mention animal experiments!) to then complain that another race doesn't respect their superiority as a food source.

I think it's more appropriate to say that they need 'flesh' and human is preferable - not that they need 'human' flesh - any carnivore whose system demands flesh will not do well without it -

It's just our bad luck that we're easy pickings and taste good too

top topics

<<   2 >>

join