It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, you've recovered an authentic ET craft - NOW what do you do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Apologies if this topic has been posted before. hey its Friday. This a bit related to an ongoing discussion. So:

How would you protect yourself from the NSA and other alphabet agencies?

Who/How many people would you tell?

How would you get the object into a secure location?

I wanna hear your thoughts on this. We have some Active and Ex-Military here, so they can lend some interesting perspective.

---------------------------------------------------------------

My hypothesis:

You would have to be well funded, and some things you'd have to do in secret, some in the open. You'd have to have a security team of ex-military who believe in your cause. They would be able to protect you against the NSA's next move.

When you recover a downed craft, you keep it secret (if possible) until you can secure an interview with a major media figure (i.e. Larry King, etc.), so that way, everything is out in the open, and in the event that you disappear, or the saucer disappears at a later date, it'll be documented on nationwide tv and too late for govt. agencies to cover it up or spin it. Secure as much physical evidence as you can in spread out safety deposit boxes around the globe.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well, I guess that settles that!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I would take it and/or pieces of it back home to my garage. I would likely toss them into the back of my car or truck, and just drive them home. People would likely assume it was a piece of scrap - or post "hey, I saw this guy driving with some strange scrap in the back of his truck here in town, it might have been a UFO" on ATS and that would pretty much be the end of it.

Once in my garage, it's essentially safe from discovery. I can't find anything in that place, and I live here and have moved everything in it to all four corners of the place at one point or another.

I would study it myself, mostly, with what spare money and time I had. I may contact various physicists and chemists on my own accord with some questions about certain effects or something - but it would just be like "hey, I was just wondering what would happen if...." or "If I were to place two [objects] like this, and do this to them, what would the likely effect be?"

Simple stuff that is innocent in content.

If I run into some people who I feel are trustworthy enough and share a vision very similar to my own, then I would bring them in on it.

Again, while there may be various attempts to locate such an object by the various agencies - they would just run into a wall... "well, it crashed.... and when we got here... it was gone." If you just run in, take the silly thing, and leave as if you were picking up a rock on the side of the road and taking it home to your water garden - no one will think anything of it. If you get all elaborate, you'll leave something behind and they will trace it to find you.

Of course, it would really depend upon what I found. I don't do alien bodies. If there are bodies, I would contact the authorities and/or agencies, and annoy the living hell out of whomever shows up to get it (though, likely they don't know anything, they are told to go get it and bring it back and not ask too many questions, themselves). If I could, I would use the experience to discover as much as I could about the structure of those types of operations, and hopefully discover a few names that I could get a hold of and try and get assigned to the study of such craft.

Or I might do that with both situations.

But, really, the main reason I would decide to report such a landing is the risk of biological contamination. I don't know what kinds of bacteria might be inside of that thing (or parasites, or something else, entirely); but it is likely in the best interest for everyone to report it and have those who have a few more gadgets than I do investigate the crash. I'd rather not be the "dumb son of a bitch" who brings home a crashed space craft and ends up killing half of his town in some type of plague and endangering the rest of the world. Sure, I would like to investigate what all kinds of techno-gadgets these critters are/would-be using, but even though the chances that a bacterium (even of foreign origin) would be hazardous to humans is rather low, I would rather do what I can to keep a potential outbreak from being catastrophic - even the cost of it is to 'give up' a dream.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
[edit on 13-8-2008 by easynow]

[edit on 13-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'd take it to a recycling center. Heck, aluminum is $1.65 per pound! That's considering it has some aluminum in it. I'm sure I could get something for it. Then i'd take the money and get gas for my truck. Then if I had some money left over...i'd buy some beer and nachos and a velvet belt.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
A velvet belt?.....hmmmmm....this feller has some class.

I'd make a big ol' hot tub out of it. I'll bet the residual radiation would keep water hot for centuries....yessiree, imagine the savings on my 'lectric bill.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

If it crashed its not authentic. Period.
I'd throw it in junk.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Get yourself a really good lawyer as soon as you can. The legal problems involved with something like that will get instantly overwhelming.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hmmm considering you only have a hour maybe two, and unless you have a security team and a flat bed with a heavy duty wench and a crew to move it just standing around the instant it happened.

Nothing,
the only thing you can do is get some pictures and video and hide the evidence till the authorities arrive. I don't see the point of the authorities threatening you to keep your mouth shut because once to make your photos and video public, they will all be labeled as hoax's and if you use your real name you will be ruined.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hey NV,

Cool topic.

I think that at one time or another we've all had a thought like this. What in the hell would you do if....

You're senerio is very likely the best approach. But could you actually achive it??

One would think that if a fallen angel is detected by some organization, they will move fast and hard. Surely they would have a location and an assest close. I think were talking hours here.
What would you do if the occupants are alive..or hostile..or even non agressive. Now you have more problems on your hands than just a ship.
Also, you not the only guy to see this thing come down. Now you have a bunch of other fame seekers wanting their 15 min. That will end the secret part of your plan. Too many eyes, ears and mouths. Some one will, either knowingly or unknowingly rat you out.
In a matter of a few hours, it's over.

As for protecting yourself from the various agency's, your guess is as good as mine. If you even believe half of the things that you hear about them, the are still scary as hell! Hope that you plan is real solid, cause if you cant hide in a cave in Iraq, do you really think that you can dissappear in a city or a town?

I'm doubting sucess in the short term, too many variables out of your control.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I would immediately dial like a mad-woman on my cell and call all the people I can trust in the area, have them bring shovels and equpiment and we would BURY the sucker as quickly as possible.

Then I would make them all swear an oath of secrecy pay the airfare for a small vacation so they can get out of dodge perhaps on a vegas vacation trip or something.

Then of course secretly I would start my own covert operation, build an underground base have the craft transferred there. Hire experts to reverse engineer it and start our own little hidden black operation. So of course if we ever needed to get away we would have a way to take off for the moon or Mars.

If we found an alien and he was still alive, we would blackmail the greys for more technology in x-change for their little skinny friend. If needed we would torcher the grey and send videos to them as part of the marketing strategy. If we could only get our hands on the little crystal ball.

MORE POWER
MORE POWER
MORE POWER,

Wake me up when I'm finished...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well first off, I would make sure it wasn't radioactive by securing a geiger counter and taking readings. Second, if safe I would try to gain entrance to the supposed et ship. Third, if the aliens were still alive and didn't immediately grab me and eat me or probe me to death, I would try to document the meeting on video along with very credible witnesses.
If they were cooperative, I would ask them to follow me using hand gestures and take them to an undisclosed location where complete medical facilities and of course living areas were available. Post armed guards around perimiter. take out a trillion dollar insurance policy on the ebe.

If the aliens were dead, I would try to find a scientist not on the governments payroll to cryogenically freeze the body or bodies for later scientific study.

I would then turn my attention to archiving everything about the ship on non tamper video memory sticks (do they have them yet?) being careful not to hit the self destruct button located prominently in the center of the console. Meantime, I would be lining up as many of the known UFO researchers that were my friends to come and be witnesses. Second, the most monied person I trust would be informed and the ship would be moved to a secure location. Guards would be posted, and also an insurance policy would be taken out for say a trillion dollars just in case the boys in black decide they wanted it.

Finally, after trying to figure out just what makes that baby fly, I would invite all of the major media to the unveiling of the ship, and if I had discovered how to fly it, I would give a short demonstration with say Edgar Mitchell at the helm.

I would then run like hell when some other country like say russia or china comes to take it away...oh and also the US.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by TH3ON3]

[edit on 13-8-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Nohup methinks you really are the Robin Williams with that very wise answer.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

It's not like you have to stick the the whole "deny ignorance" motto, it's just there as a guidance more than an obligation.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Assuming it could still be flown ie: crashlanded and the controls could be understood, I'd contact all of you guys (including the amigos of course) and pilot it to Washington and park it on the white house lawn

If it was possible to fly by myself, i'd contact the amigos, arrange to meet them, and then with their help and trusted ats members, arrange a press confrance with media and supprise them with it. Then after we had figured out where the shield (if it has them,) was, raise them and head off to Area 51 and land right next to hanger 18 or blow the roof off what ever is there while the press shoot cameras and photographs at everything.

I mean if we have it, why not see whats at dreamland?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
whack it on E-Bay... I know a few ATS'ers would pay top dollar for something like that... Heck i'd even throw in an alluminium hat too!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by NightVision

just remember you started this....whaaaa

ATS is no place for such tomfoolery, but if you want to add to the discussion, or disagree in an informed matter, please do. I see no evidence of you having done so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join