It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell vs George Noory...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Nobody can beat the days of Art Bell. But I still enjoy the show with George Norry and Knapp.

IMO the show is unlistenable with Ian Punnit. He spends the whole time debating the guest on trivial points. He enjoys the sound of his own voice way too much and seems to be constantly trying to show his subject matter expertise and his intelligence. How can one radio host be an expert on everything? Ian just shut the @#$% up and let your guest talk!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Here here. I've listened to a few Ian shows and will agree that, depending on the guest, he tends to come off confrontational. I have no problem with someone playing "devil's advocate", but his tone seems genuinely negative and hostile. Take for example a recent show in May with Steve Quayle; I felt for Steve as it seemed that Ian was lambasting him for his views.

I noticed that Steve was on C2C shortly after that with George, who I feel, treats the guests very fairly. Maybe George heard the show and wanted to make it up to Steve?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think Quayle did indeed get a makeup show. He's a popular guest and C2C need to keep the regular interviewees happy for future shows. Even though he is obviously biased and a fearmonger punnett didn't give him a fair interview, and was downright shooting down his views, which an interviewer can only do with journalistic investigation and facts, not opinion. They were on equal standing there and punnett got ahead of himself. I think he did apologise for that, I am sure he got a lot of flack for it.

His subsequent interviews have still been bad though, and that JC interview was a cartoon. The only interview I liked recently was his population control last weekend, and even in that one his posture in it was like an elephant in a china store.
He has a cool voice, if only he wouldnt use it as much.

The more I think about it the more I think Knapp is underused, as he has the journalistic integrity to call out the liars with facts instead of his own opinion and he has the right posture and interests for C2C. While Noorey is a facilitator, as he says so himself, and in that logic his online behaviour is perfectly adequate, Knapp is a journalist and would be an awesome second line for C2C where they could actually get to the bottom of some issues and actually successfully debunk/prove stuff.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I love George Noory! I listen every night, as long as it's something I find interesting.

I think Ian Punnett is the hardest one to listen to because he can be confrontational. A while back Ian was a total jerk with this survivalist dude he had on but he apologized later on air, which gave me a lot more respect for him.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
I'm all about George!!! I listen every night if i'm not asleep already but George rules!!! I even had the chance to get on the show and chat with him for about 5 minutes about Biblical myth versus scientific fact... the debate was basically creationist vs evolutionism.... I'll never forget it!

Art is a little more serious, and a lot less tollerant and light hearted. Go George!

I agree here. George Noory is my favorite C2C host
. I love that radio station and listen to it every night. Long live Coast to Coast!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by n0b0DY

Art Bell saw me through many nights on the graveyard. I'm not on graveyard anymore and I've never listened to Noory. It's hard to imagine that anyone could replace Art Bell.

I do think the whole story of Romona is a little strange.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by n0b0DY

I agree with what everyone is saying because these are all true things that each one of these host do. It comes down to our personalities and what our tastes are.

I am one never to take sides and try to see where peoples' points of view are coming from or try to understand the different types of thought patterns but here are my opinions on this,

Yes to many commercials... they do need their funding but man just seems like any platform of media is accompanied by commercials now a days! "Consume"

George does tend to cut guests off right when I feel the guests getting to an awesome point that answers or shines light to a topic that I was thinking... Maybe he doesn't want to give the whole scope away and have the listeners support the guests in purchasing and supporting the guests' products? or maybe he is trying to convey or communicate the masses interests and questions since he is trying to get this collective consciousness thing off the ground and help everyone understand on another and help everyone grow.

Art was flawless because of his experience in the field and his personality. However, towards the end of his hosting carrier, he did start to get a bit crabby. I think that maybe it the series of crazy callers and media censorship that started to make him lose the drive for the show... who knows.

Ian.... OK I am not sure what it is about him but yeah it seems to me he has a skeptic approach to whatever message is portrayed by the guests... I understand that point of view but if you are going to have a guest, be a good host and allow the guest to say what his/her message is. Once the message is told, then maybe lay it all out. On the other hand, this method makes a more concrete understanding and if his skepticism is dealt with factual information, it makes the guests material that much more powerful.

Knapp, I have not heard to much, but from what I have heard I have liked. Almost a mix between Noory and Bell.

But all in all, it is a great show and it still is blowing my mind about the synchronicity of having topics that I thought about, just thought about, or was going to think about... if that makes any sense =D

Now I have not heard any Rense shows but is there going to be a debate about Rense and coast to coast? LOL

[edit on 26-6-2008 by unite_life]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I've been listening to C2C for 23 years, since the age of 14. Art Bell will always have a special place in my heart, but at least I can count on George Noory to host the show when he says he will. With little, to no personal drama attached.

George Noory is a gracious host with seemingly, a heart of gold. He is a mensch in the first degree...

He brings the most interesting topics to the to the forefront of his broadcasts when other radio show hosts will only talk on topics that fit their respective agendas.

Art Bell, George Noory... Art Bell, George Noory... I won't chose...

They are both great in their own way.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Listen as someone said its like comparing Jay Leno to Johnny Carson, your just not going to get better then Art in his prime. I do still listen to the show, yes George can be unfocused at times, also not asking the tough questions, but it still is the best show on radio imo. I mainly listen for the subject matter. Also I do like Ian, at first I didnt, but I grew to enjoy his style, he actually asks tough questions and recently has had some interesting topics such as Charles Lindbergh jr, Smiley face killers, DB Cooper, etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I actually like them all. Listened to Art for years and actually stopped when he retired and Mike Siegel took over. Just couldn't seem to get into it then.

I like George, although I agree he doesn't seem to be paying attention most of the time.

George Knapp is good. I enjoy listening to him.

I didn't like Ian the first time I heard him, but I've grown to enjoy his programs. He doesn't seem to cover things that are quite as paranormal as Noory does. And, yes, he is a bit of a skeptic.

One thing I found funny. Someone said that Ian must have been reading Wikipedia before the show and trying to show off by knowing about the subject. But someone else said that when Art knew about the subject beforehand, he was being very insightful and researched his guests topic to know more about it during the show. Isn't that strange.

And I don't to listen to Rollye James. I used to hear her on another station (Philadelphia I think) and just didn't care for her program. Kinda like fingernails on a chalkboard.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Noory-hosted Coast to Coast has been great at one thing.... curing my lifelong insomnia!

Seriously, I only happened upon Art Bell because I've never been able to sleep much at night and I discovered his fascinating Coast to Coast AM program. When Noory took over, though, the magic went away. It's just boring, corporate radio now. Noory doesn't seem to be very bright, for one thing, and I don't get the sense that he does much research on his guests or really cares about what he's discussing. All he wants to do is sound important but he ends up sounding like a jerk. He uses cheap gimmicks and of course he screens callers, preventing the really authentically whacky stuff that used to happen in the past.

Another thing that bothers me is there's not as much paranormal discussion as there was in the past. Noory wants to talk too much about current events or TV/Hollywood stuff, or what he calls "real" science. I don't think he understands that those topics aren't what Coast to Coast is about. There's a reason it airs in the middle of the night. If he only wants to talk about what everyone else is talking about, he should go apply for a job doing political or pop culture talk during the day.

Art Bell may or may not have believed in any of the craziness discussed on his show, but he took it all seriously and you could tell he was genuinely interested. Noory wants to make everything into a quick joke so he can cut to a fish oil commercial.

The weekend host, Ian Punnett (who I remember listening to doing standard AM talk in Minneapolis) isn't much better, but at least he's intelligent and has some paranormal interests. He has a voice for print though.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just a bit off topic, but a couple of posters mentioned Art's voice. I just listened to a recent show he did, I think the one with Dr. Kaku, and I was appalled at how bad his voice has become. Perhaps it's only my perception, but it sounds like all those years of smoking have caught up to him. Rather than the rich and deep tones I remember, he seemed at times to just manage a hoarse croaking.

I gotta say, it broke my heart. As I went through some tough times in my life, I would sit working late at night while Art introduced me to a cast of wonderful characters that opened my eyes and mind to things I had never even thought before -- people like Bruce Lipton, Rupert Sheldrake, Malachi Martin, Michio Kaku, Russel Targ, Graham Hancock, Terrance McKenna, and a host of others. Of course there were the losers too, like Ed Dames, Sylvia Brownm Stan Deyo, Stephen Qualye and a raft of nutbars who used the show to posh their biblical whatevers. Now that I think of it, my total favorite guest, mostly because he was waaaay out there was David Icke. But he made me realize that there was so much more beyond my little crap piece of suburbia.

I think of Art as the host of a great coctail party who, every night, gave me a chance to mingle with the coolest and, sometimes unintentionally funny, guests. I never thought of him as a radio personality, but the the guy who had a place on radio where we could just hang out.

George is a radio talk show host. Nice guy and good at his job. But George and me.. I don't see hanging out at his place. But I'm really concerned for Art now, he just doesn't sound good, and I really hope it is just my imagination.

(ever notice no matter how carefully you review your post, it's only AFTER you post it you see all the glaring typos?]

[edit on 26-6-2008 by metamagic]

[edit on 26-6-2008 by metamagic]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

Exactly! It's a sleep aid now.

I rarely listen to C2C anymore now that SNoory has taken over. Mainly because it's rarely about the paranormal anymore. Talk about killing the goose that laid the golden egg-- let's take a wildly successful format and mess with it. It's more like Mr. Science meets creationism vs. evolution these days. It's never surprising. Even JC hardly calls now.

And Noory does interrupt his guests, and he doesn't pay attention and will ask a question the guest has already answered. And he doesn't come off as the sharpest knife in the drawer.

But what drives me craziest, is he will cut an interesting caller short, yet hang on the line for six minutes after he's talked an old lady into getting out of bed, walking (oh so slowly) across her house to her piano to play a song for the listeners and of course, it turns out she can't even play... it drives me nutz!

I miss Art Bell. I miss the paranormal discussions. I miss C2C.

What can we do, other than e-mail the producers of the program.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I use to listen to Art Bell and George all the time. But when I moved to where I am now I could no longer pick up the radio station. They were both pretty good, I thought...

I thought so till my son discovered somewhere much more enlightening... A new site called Red Ice Creations. They have a talk show as well, and to me is much more diversified than C2C. I listen to it all the time. They have a place for paid and non paid members to do forums and chats and they have things you can download and listen to.

I think the best thing about the Red Ice radio, is that the host doesn't keep interrupting the guest. He lets them talk all they need. Also there are no commercials.

I have heard everyone from The Leader of the Illuminati to metaphysical speakers and I never grow tired of it. One guy that was on there had communications with aliens... it's a very good show.... hope you check it out cause I think it's worth while...

here you go...
www.rediceforum.com...

enjoy...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
George Noory is the best thing that ever happened on mainstream radio. If U followed his career since Art Bell started boning hoes in thailand then you will see how a Skeptic and intelligently so was slowly but surely turned into a believer. His skill at keeping the shows lively is incredible for some of the dorks he has on and his character because of his repoire with his interviewee he is a trusted friend. THIS MAN GAVE HIS PAYCHECK TO JORDAN MAXWELL, after they did a show together. He cares is intelligent and can speak. Art Bell I think may have sold out. Did U here his rhetoric on 9/11. He's gone over. With Noory there is a lot of hope and good information being released.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
A george Noory hating thread? I mean come on guys. Art retired, he had his style but he's over with. It's time for you guys to move along. George does a great job, he's a professional and he asks all the right stuff. george wins this one.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Art is the master of C2C, I started listening to him from the late 90's and being from the UK I have never listened to a radio show like this before.
Art's made your hairs stand up on the back of your neck with excitment thrown in for good messure.
What made Art so good at hosting the show was his infectious humour and laughter that we the listeners shared with him, remember when he glued his lips together on air with super glue? (I'm still laughing at that).

When I listen to George its just not the same as Art, there is something missing maybe its the type of guests compared to the old days.

I used to love the open lines Art had like time travel hotlines and the Evp's which I find strange George does not do these subjects.

As for Punnett he's so boring that he sends me to sleep even if I am not tired.
Thank you Art for the programs you did. your being missed a lot.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I don't mean to be rude to anyone, but anyone and I mean anyone who says Noory is better than Bell has got to have their head up their @$$.

Bell was so much better than Noory you can't even compare them. It's like comparing Einstein to a first grader.

Those who say Noory is better must really be living in the Bazarro universe where everything is backwards.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Art Bell was an incredible phenomena.

Unlike George, Art would answer his calls unscreened. Just that difference alone shows how incredible Art was. He would answer the phone without a clue who was calling or what they were going to say and that alone made for some very entertaining moments. Of course there was a live delay that art would push a button and you would know when you heard that spiel.

George is a good host - but, like all radio talk shows he knows who's calling what their talking points are and the callers have been screened and prepped by staff which takes half the fun and spontaneity out of live calls. While you could argue it's more professional and less dead moments with confused callers, I like Arts way - it was more genuine, live and entertainment in itself.

George could have tried Arts method, but I don't think George has quite the level of intelligence or wit that Art possessed.

The inflection in Art's voice itself would make you interested and want to come back after the break. George just doesn't go there as much - he's more matter of fact and he goes along pretty much with what guest say.

When Art disagreed with a guest or called foul he would do it in a way that the listeners were aware, but in a respectful manner to the guest, even if it was known the guest was FOS, Art would play along till the break and everyone following would get it. Yeah, sure, uh huh, you betcha, ookay - with a bit of sarcasm and if they were only scheduled for an hour he'd wouldn't ask them back for the next, but he'd thank them before letting them go. If they were good he would invite them to continue.

George just pretty much agrees with whatever is said and the rare times that George disagrees with a guest he comes off from left field, breaks the flow and often disrespects both the guest and the listener. Most his guest have pre-scheduled time slots and he'll continue with a bad guest often - which is a show turn off..

Art would also bring us into his personal life and we knew his wives & family of pets including cats and birds. He would relate his emotions and the ups and downs in his life that were really genuine.

Art made you feel like a personal friend, George makes you feel like customer. A bit condescending and a bit too nice.

George brags about his son a bit, but you never really know him as well and that's okay - I don't want to know but there you go.

That said George is still a better host than most and there is no other show like C2C - but I have to admit I no longer subscribe nor do I listen almost every night like I did with Art.

I hope C2C continues it's success, because there are those times when I'm up driving late that I will listen and I think George will get better in time, maybe one day we can get him to do live unscreened calls and we can laugh again like we did every night with Art.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Before Art (BA) it was a good source for information, After Art (AA) it became a business. It is talk radio. Art is obviously smarter than George but George is a better entertainer and unoffensive interviewer.

As a business, George is better suited to this venue. Art was a tool.
The use and need for that tool has passed, and now C2C is a business like any other.

If C2C was a supermarket, Art would be the butcher, cutting and hacking to the bone and getting all the meat of any topic. It may have gotten a bit bloody, but he always found the truth of most issues.

George is the Produce manager, in charge of fruits, vegetables and nuts. His area is clean and professional, with little mess, and no blood.

Ian, Well Ian is that darn pastry manager who seems to prefer donuts over all other sweet confections. You eat from his brightly lit department most of what you find are these sweet confectionary torus's of love, purely man made and nothing natural, a ring of delicious cake, that is easy to consume but leaves you with a cheap sugar high. What do you take away from Ian's style of radio? About the same you get when you finish the outside of a donut. Nothing but a hole.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by GriffinRD]

[edit on 30-6-2008 by GriffinRD]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join