It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell vs George Noory...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Is Art or George reading this right now? If so come forward!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Noory is like the Larry King of paranormal radio. He doesn't seem to do research on his guests/topic. He asks softball questions. He wants everyone to like him so he constantly comes off as if he's "schmoozing" his guests. He also seems star struck whenever he has on Hollywood celebrities.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
George spends a lot more time vetting his guests. You get the impression that he's taken the time to ask questions in advance to draw his guests out. He's a MUCH better interviewer! When he speaks to people on open lines you actually believe he takes the time to care no matter how freaky the speaker may be.

Art is to busy and often distracted! He has NO time for his listeners. He started the show and God bless him but would rather get some of that off air Philipino NOOKIE! Not that I blame him but he has his hands full with a new child and some hot young lady! Take it easy Art!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'm also a streamlink member and I generally listen to the MP3 of the previous night's show the next day.

I like both Art and George Noory. My only real complaint about George might be the thing that makes him a great fit for C2C's oddball topics, and that's the fact that he seems almost too agreeable. I'm a very blunt person (more than one occassion I've been called an A-hole, a tag I wear with pride) and Art struck me as being much the same in his old recordings. He dealt with topics that were obviously crap with a condescending manner which was so subtle the guests usually never caught on.

Noory, on the other hand, lives the topic in his imagination. Someone could get on the show and say the Innunaki came to him in a dream and said humans would sprout an extra set of legs starting next thursday. George doesn't say "If that happens, then what..." he says "What will happen after we've sprouted this extra set of legs?" It is irritating to me because, as I have already said in a topic about Steve Quayle and even one of my main issues with Alex Jones (albeit to a much lesser degree) & Rense, it utterly crushes your credibillity when you adhere to the concept that you must seem to believe in any alternative topic, no matter how ridiculous it seems. Art rarely made himself appear gullible and never made himself look like a fool. George seems to be all too willing to fall into quiet voiced "that is fascinating!" mode when a caller talks about how George Bush is a hermaphroditic reptillian giant with a holographic projector on his belt to make sure he always looks human.

As for Ian... well, I didn't like Ian until he had Steve Quayle on a few months ago and proved he has a set by calling Quayle out. That built a healthy respect for him with me. Knapp is another guy who I enjoy listening to if for no other reason than his "realness."

By far and away the worst guest host they have had is Rolleye James. She's got that 3 pack a day NOW spokesgal voice working and just works on my last nerve.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Greetings Max_TO. I just wanted to say I like your avatar. I wonder how many people recognize an analemma when they see one. (Remember seeing a crazy "figure eight" on a globe?)

reply to post by Max_TO

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
George is such a putz, and the show has really been suffering. He's a very nice guy with a good heart, but a total moron. He doesn't understand enough about the world or what his guests are talking about to pose any interesting questions or tease the interviews into new directions. He has not bull# detector. He just euphemistically agrees with whatever the guests say, no matter how preposterous. He's an empty vase, a tabula rasa.

And I can't stand the few things he does say -- a few phrases he says over and over again. "I've always believed..." and then spouts some stupid crap that goes along with what the guest was saying. Or the worst, "I don't believe in coincidences." Really? Really??? How stupid can you be?

And I think the producers know it -- he's got the job exactly because he's so stupid and agreeable. We'll believe anything, so we need a host who'll believe anything. The people who run the show are laughing at us. It's become a joke.

I'm glad someone made this thread. It's been bothering me for a long time.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
IMO Noory is the better broadcaster in terms of being proficient in that field, but Art made C2C what it is today, and without him around the show has taken a definite downturn.

Ian Punnet is nothing more than a confrontational douchebag. I'm actually surprised anyone agrees to be interviewed by him. Constantly interrupting, condescending, and generally a world class Ahole.

If anyone heard his interview with Steve Quayle a few months ago, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I love George Noory, but I wish they'd get rid of Ian. I hate how Ian takes over and talks more than the guest every time he's on. It looks like he reads off of wikipedia before the show and tries to show off what he knows because he always seems to know a hell of a lot about every subject.

I just love when Jesus was on and Jesus pretty much handed Ian his ass. It was most joyful because Ian is a church-boy and thinks he knows it all.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Ian is kind of a different beast then Art and George--he doesn't fit the theme of the show as much. But I love that he has Art's sense of confrontation, and respects the audience enough not to belittle us and waste our time. I would take Ian 5 days a week over George, no question. It might be a different show, but at least it wouldn't make conspiracy thought live up to its stereotype.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
My own opinon is I enjoy listening to George Noory more so than Art Bell, while I respect Art Bell for bringing the show to life, he has always struck me as a little odd for some reason, I can't really explain it but thats just how I've always felt.

Maybe its just I started listening when George Noory became the main host of the show, so I naturally lean towards him more so than Art, either way I'd take either over Ian Punnet, I can't even listen to his shows he annoys me so much. I've always wondered if the hosts somehow pick their topics because Ian Punnet always picks the worst topics to host, therefore I don't enjoy his shows because I dislike him and I dislike the topics. Which is a shame because I enjoy staying up late on Saturday Nights.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Hey, just the fact that he is seriously thinking of running for President in 2012 has to make you wonder about the guy. Is he self-delusional or what?

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I haven't heard the show in a few months, but I heard Ian one night for about 10 minutes and that's all I needed to hear of the guy. They really should get rid of him. I doubt they get a lot of listeners on his nights.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
art is so classy. masterful. i love how he approaches the mic, like it's your ear and that you're right there with him in the studio and he's talking right to ya, privately, about a subject he finds really important and just maybe a little hush hush. it's a gift.

george is pretty good too, but for different reasons. i like the fact that he's tolerant, although at times it seems disenginuos, it helps his guests feel welcome and will reach a broader audience with the topics of the show, which seems like a pretty good thing. alot of people don't know or even think past their own paradigm and if the opportunity arises, it shouldn't be tempered with insults to the listeners beliefs

maybe what would work is a little art and a little george, mixed together.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I've only been a listener of Coast to Coast AM since Dec. 2007 so I missed the Art Bell years. I understand that lots of folks prefer him and in turn dislike George Noory, but I disagree. I love listening to George. I can feel his compassion and good nature in his voice. On the other hand when I listen to Art, either when he fills in for George or his archived shows, I feel that he is/was detached and a bit cold.

Different strokes and all that jazz.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

I like George, but Art seemed to be highly informed on a guests subject matter. Art stayed acutely tuned into the guest, responding and adding to a guests information and asking questions that brought out even more interesting information that a guest might not have brought out.
There have been many instances where George would cut off a guest or even a caller just before they were about to divulge interesting information leaving you saying hey I wanted to hear the rest of that!

Art was half of the interesting information presented in a show. Arts I.Q. level was such that he could talk on almost every subject and bring something to the table of discussion in a more entertaining fashion.

George relies too heavily on callers and fast blasters acting more as a facilitator of the show rather than the showman Art is.

But really folks, Art wanted to retire and he did. Who do you get to fill those shoes anyway? I know I couldn't do it! I suppose C2C Got the best man to fill those shoes.

Nobody has ever been able to fill Johny Carsons shoes either. Its a real shame when these Huge Talents fade away.

What are you going to do?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Art Bell was the original reason I found C2Cam interesting. When he left I thought George needed a little time to get used to the vast scope of the topics going on. I don't really have a problem with George, but I did notice that around the time that it was announced that Romney's companies were buying up the C2C show as part of a bigger buyout, some topical resistance started happening, a little hesitant filtering of the hot potato topics sometimes.

Bring back the total freedom to investigate big conspiracies. Personally, I find the show now deals too regularly with the same topics. I mean, aliens and UFOs are talked about at least every other night now.

I want variety in my variety. I want alternatives, varying perspectives, etc. Now there is an election on. So expect the right wing Romney connection to influence C2C over the next 6 months more than usual.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I never listened to the show when Art was on it. I find George competant enough. I just think the show really depends on the guests he has on. Like last night. The first guest he had on was a guy that was on the Disclosure Project and the conversation seemed really laboured to me as if the guest really didn't have much to say. It's those times when I just go do something else (like sleep). But, I have no problems with George, and the show is quite enjoyable when the guests are good.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Helios813]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I completely was taken with C2CAM during my late night cross country treks from Oklahoma to Montana by Art Bell's God given voice of the night. Silky, smokey, full of confidence, don't bul# me voice of Art Bell!
I would be riveted to C2CAM and would be frantic as I drove out of range of one station's broadcast and just out of range of the nearest station's broadcast.

George is good as well but he does not do it for me at 2:30 in the morning like Art used too.

Ian snorts a little while on the air...drives me nuts.

I love some of the old school Art Bell reruns!

[edit on 26-6-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I liked Art he's a better interviewer than George. George tends too believe everything he hears. He also asks stupid questions and he never confronts or challenges any of his guest. Some of his shows sound more like infomercials like the show on 6-24.

Now Ian is different and I liked him until the night he did a show with someone who said he was jesus christ, that was probably one of the dumbest shows I ever heard. But at least he will challenge his guest and confront them on the subject at hand. And he doesn't believe everything he hears.

I also like George Knapp I haven't heard him much but what I have heard he does a good job.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is really off topic, but it makes me laugh every time I think about it. The first time I ever listened to C2C there was a scottish gentleman on talking about the Loch Ness monster. Well right before he went on the air he started eating crackers in bed. Well this could only go one way. The gentleman soon had "cotten mouth" and and couldn't really talk. The crackers had dried the gentleman's mouth and throat out so bad that the whole interview this guy was coughing and could barley talk. I think Geroge made some comment that it wasn't a good idea to eat crackers before a radio interview and asked the gentleman what he was thinking. I was laughing so hard through this interview that I really didn't get any info this guy was putting out.

Back on topic....

I never had the chance to hear Mr. Bell, but from what I hear he was a fantastic radio jockey. I can agree that Mr. Noory can be rude at times and often interrupts his quests. I also noticed he is quit rude to his callers at times. It seems that if a caller says something he doesn't like he throws a fit and gets another caller on. I could have sworn he was going to call this one woman an idiot but instead he hung up and went to a commercial.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join