It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell vs George Noory...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Art used to ask hard questions. Noorey smiles and nods.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I was an avid listener to C2C for about 10 years. I like Art and when George took over I learned to enjoy him also. I dont listen much anymore because of the late hour and I have not got around to joining his streaming video for a couple of years. The streaming video is a good deal, dont cost much and you can get many shows on demand.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
A few comments (I only got through the first 2 pages of thread, but will get to the rest..) that jive with my feelings.

dgtempe said there was a moment when things snapped for Art and that was the ballgame. The derailment was obvious.

That was before his wife passed away and the show became about his cat and stories about when he smoked.

As another poster mentioned, this show is a $ machine that Noorey keeps rolling.

Sorry, but Art was Van Halen with David Lee Roth.
Noorey, sadly, is Van Hagar.

I disagree with another poster, Noorey's voice is great... but it's kinda like Love Songs On Coast with him... he has too much insane Christian views and way too many throw away shows without having that one good mid-week zinger... it's monotone... Without Hoagland or that crazy Earthfiles woman, this show would be intolerable.

For Christ's sake, Debbie Reynolds????

Anyway - at least if there is a major Earth event, I'm sure it will in some way be covered on Coast To Coast and that's why I still listen.

Insert KNAPP vote here!

In this format, a personality like George, Godbless his soul (as he might say), should be rotated, split or replaced after the shelf-life expires.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by chetinglendalevillage]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
You know...

as an amendment to my prior post, I really must add George's interview with Debbie Reynolds was tops.

This is the type of interview that defines Noorey because very few other radio hosts could have done such a fine job of keeping this old withered diva from sounding like some of the other old scragglies I have heard on C2C and other shows.

Debbie on the other hand surprised me and didn't say anything to embarrass herself from what I heard.

Now, David Icke.

Honestly, this is probably the PERFECT C2C night to post on this thread. I've yet to hear the Icke interview, coming next, so I'll probably be back later.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm listening right now, should be interesting with Ike.

I like Knapp too, hes got this reporter quality to him (probably because he is one). He's all about the facts and if people start babbling, he tells them to get to the point; I like that.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I useed to like CTC, now I can't even listened to it. It's gotten to far left and inti GOD. Putting the likes of Alex Turd Jones on any show is enough to make me turn it off.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Don't you just love it when George is talking to some caller that is just about to tell you how and when the world will end or the reasons for anal probes and George goes "And west of the Rockies, you're on Coast to Coast"

I think I'm going to pay my $50 to attend a UFO conference where George is speaking just so I can heckle him from the audience. Is dweeb still an appropriate description of George N.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Noory is a phony! He just cares about himself! Art was fine before he went to Spain. It's to bad, the show's callers are screened and does not allow folk's with a christian intelligent perspective to give much input! Art is right by calling it ghost to ghost!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Neither.

I was a streamlink member and had been listening since 1997. Last year I cancelled my membership when C2C decided to censor us by getting rid of the messageboards.

The show was getting a bit lame with Art constantly quitting and then coming back, George turning into Hollywood Noory, who had no time to research the guests so always ended up with stupid questons.

Plus it was the same old guests time after time. Each one was allowed a free ride to sell their books, dvd's, newsletters and not once were they ever questioned. People like Sean David Morton and Ed Dames who would claim hit after hit, when we all know Morton's predictions never come true and Ed Dames couldn't remote view himself out of a paper bag.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I agree to disagree with everyone! LOL JK!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm listening less and less as the shows only great guest are Linda and Richard. On top of that George and that guest host on the weekends claim their not political either way. How come I keep getting the feeling they seem to sway with the political polsters with their lame comments about "I don't take sides". Give me a break.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Most think, including myself, Art Bell's shoes can't be filled.

Art had better guests, calls, topics, ect. I like Noory, but Art Bell is the man.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't want to compare Noory to anyone else, but sometimes he is okay to listen to and other times, he just drives me nuts.

While I understand the radio show format requires that the host perhaps suspend disbelief, I find that Noory so often comes across as the most gullible idiot you can imagine and I hate the stupid questions he often interrupts the guest with just when things are really getting interesting. I think his gee-whiz gullibility shows that he doesn't take his guests very seriously and that he thinks most of his audience are pretty stupid.

He often asks questions that seem to presume he knows what the guest believes. It often seems he is trying to put words in the mouths of his guests that are just something his picked up from one of his wackier guests.

I've discussed Noory's abilities as a host and I generally find that those who are better read on UFO and other paranormal phenomena aren't big fans of his program. Maybe the program is actually geared towards a "lowest common demoninator" in the audience.

I also hate it when he wastes time with callers who clearly have nothing significant to contribute to the discussion but I guess that he maybe feels he is doing the caller a favor as many are lonely or troubled people who are up late at night.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i have to turn noory off when he has open mike for ghost story callers. it's like saying.."hey, anybody with a ghost story call in and i'll let you talk and talk" ...boring and more boring, plus george just puts it in cruise control for the hour only saying "west, then east, then west, then east of the rockies" snoooooorrrrrrreeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Long time listener> I missssss Art! And now that his non-compete clause is finished im hoping to hear him again in a 3 hour prime time radio slot. Georges is ok but hes no Art Bell , and the topics latlly have nothing in common to what the main theme of the show once was .

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have to agree that classic Art Bell held the listener like know other. The topics, guests and callers all shined under Art's guidance. I used to hate falling asleep during his shows. I have to admit as other have noted that the late Art Bell came off as cranky and drifted into near (ok, at time complete) contempt for his listeners.
I have to say I don't mind Ian Punett. Like others have said, I wish he would do more paranormal topics and I did like his Neal Adams interview and Quayle takedown. A pity corporate made him apologize and that they also give him lame guests.
George is nice and many callers seem to like niceness. The screened calls really took a lot out of the show and his laziness is too often apparent. I am really bugged by his interrupting callers once they are about to say something interesting or relating a weird experience. That along with his drifting back into right wing conspiracy tripe (How many nights on the loon trying to sell the Obama birth jazz?) has caused me to turn him off more often.
George Knapp is almost always excellent.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I have to agree with you that George Knapp's shows were usually great

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Aspie]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I am AMAZED that there could be any comparison between Noory and Bell. Bellis the essence of the spooky, fringe topics that made C2C what is Was (not is). Noory has turned the show into a grandmother's delight. The edgy topics Bell brough to the show are all but gone. Noory also does not have the abilty to draw in the great guests that Bell could easily attract.

None of this is to say that Norry is not a "nice guy." I belive he is truly a compassionate person, but if I want compassion, I will go to church.

Rumor has it that Bell's noncompete has expired. If so, he has the abilty to destroy C2C by going head-to-head wih the show. He was very elusive when asked what his future plans were during the forecast shows at the end of 2008, but in a recent post on the fantasticForum, he said there would come a time when he would have news. I cannot see him letting a golden opportunity pass to cash in on the many listeners who are waiting for his return.

We will see.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by paranormal2]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I don't like Noory at all.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join