It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain aide: Terrorist attack on U.S. would be a "big advantage" for Republicans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

FRESNO, Calif. - A top adviser to John McCain said another terrorist attack on U.S. soil would be a "big advantage" for the Republican presidential candidate, drawing a sharp rebuke Monday from both the presumed GOP nominee and Democrat Barack Obama.

Extrenal News Link

He also said :-

Black is also quoted as saying the "unfortunate event" of the assassination of former Pakistani leader Benazir Bhutto in December 2007 "helped us."

Obama spokes man reaction on McCain adviser :-

Obama spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement: "The fact that John McCain's top adviser says that a terrorist attack on American soil would be a 'big advantage' for their political campaign is a complete disgrace, and is exactly the kind of politics that needs to change. Barack Obama will turn the page on these failed policies and this cynical and divisive brand of politics so that we can unite this nation around a common purpose to finish the fight against al-Qaida."

So my question to all of you is here at ATS we talking about Obama birth certificate,he is Muslim , he turn USA in Islamic states Whats about Mr.McCain

whose top adviser openly telling us killing Americans is good for thr party to win next election.So now another terrorist's attack to win election

[edit on 25-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

former White House press secretary Scott McClellan wrote in a memoir that during the run-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, Bush and his team tried to make the weapons of mass destruction "threat and the Iraqi connection to terrorism appear just a little more certain, a little less questionable than they were."

1st i think how could they do this before i posted this tread here at ATS? Now i realized that we dnt care man you could see here we dnt have a single comment on this news i think its important if we care about our friends who are in Iraq middle of ware.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yes, it is a stupid and careless comment to make. But considering the Kumbaya singin', do nothing, attitude Obama has towards the leaders of rouge nations, aka axis of evil, the comment made by McCain's aide is not too far from the truth.

I suppose you agree with Obama's aide and take the "Winnie the Pooh" approach instead?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Is this the attitude generally of the McCain camp?

Is winning a political office so important that the lives of taxpayers, American citizens,
can even be considered as a sacrifice?

Is this talk borne of desperation or insanity?

Somehow, I now expect more than ever and October suprise.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think this a testament to the Morals and Values of the McCain camp.

The fact that these people can look at a situation like a Terrorist Attack or the Assassination of a leader of another nation as "Beneficial" to their cause shouts loud and clear where their hearts and minds are, and that is In Power.

Alxandro, your dismissal of this, as you say "careless comment", based on Obama's "Kumbaya singin'" is painful. It is hard to even follow your train of logic, unless it is so base and simple as it appears on its face, which is simply to dismiss the "other" guy. I am not calling you out to flame you but to display my distress with the other citizens of the USA who are willing to overlook such callous, violent, obsessive behavior traits displayed bt McCain and his cohort.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
Alxandro, your dismissal of this, as you say "careless comment", based on Obama's "Kumbaya singin'" is painful. It is hard to even follow your train of logic, unless it is so base and simple as it appears on its face, which is simply to dismiss the "other" guy. I am not calling you out to flame you but to display my distress with the other citizens of the USA who are willing to overlook such callous, violent, obsessive behavior traits displayed bt McCain and his cohort.

For the record I don't support McCain and I'm not dismissing anything.

Why are my comments painful?
My train of thought is simple and obvious and I don't understand why you fail or probably refuse to see it.

McCain's aide was careless in saying what he said but I take it to mean that an attack on the US would benefit the Repubs because many on the Obama camp truly feel we have nothing whatsoever to fear from anyone, anywhere on this Earth.
They choose to believe terror does not exist.
An attack on the US would prove them wrong, simple as that.

What's so difficult and painful about this?

Yeah, I know the response from some will be that all terrorists acts are the doing of the CIA, but there is no absolute proof of this, just emotional opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Ok then let me break this down for you.

Originally posted by Alxandro
Yes, it is a stupid and careless comment to make.

Yes this is both Stupid and Careless, but both of these words do little to capture the true nature of the comments. Such a simple critique fails to see the lack of consideration, care, and honor in such statements. IT is a failure to see what is MOST important to these people, POWER.

But considering the Kumbaya singin', do nothing, attitude Obama has towards the leaders of rouge nations, aka axis of evil, the comment made by McCain's aide is not too far from the truth.

I suppose you agree with Obama's aide and take the "Winnie the Pooh" approach instead?

This is where I truly become disturbed by your comments, and the echo I can hear throughout many minds here in the USA. The speed at which you dismiss such a powerfully telling statement from a potential US by trying to dismiss another. It is PAINFULLY simple and is a PERFECT example of one of the many ills wearing on our nation.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Oh gawd, please don't tell me Obama is not power hungry.

As I stated before, I am not "dismissing" anything, and again I say it was a stupid and careless comment to make.
But now you're going PC on me because comments are nothing more than words and the bottom line is actions speak louder than words.
Pardon the cliche, but it's true.
By this I mean, the actions of those that want to hurt us can do a lot more damage than words this McCain aide uttered.
Maybe it is "you" who are dismissing the possibility that we may be attacked soon because you are "distressed" that these "painful" comments hurt someones feelings.

Where is the logic in this?

Maybe Obama is correct in saying that there is no such thing as terrorist, or as you would probably prefer to call them, "freedom fighters".
Trust me, I would love to say Obama is right, I would love to sing Kumbaya alongside every Obamatron, but there is no way in hell that you or Obama can guarantee me that for every single weapon we lay down in the name of peace, the enemy will do the same.

Ok, I know how it works, we get attacked this year and you will say McCain did it to win the election.
We get attacked next year when Obama is Prez and you will say it's Bush's fault.

What then?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandrobecause comments are nothing more than words and the bottom line is actions speak louder than words.
Pardon the cliche, but it's true.
By this I mean, the actions of those that want to hurt us can do a lot more damage than words .

Well then, read this and then tell us "who wants to hurt us?"

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Anything that snaps people back into the real world will benefit the Republicans.

It really shouldn't take a terrorist attack.

Look at the oil debacle and then listen to the Democrats' rhetoric and watch how much they are loving our misery.

Americans screwed up when they voted in a Democrat congress and now, to quote a well-known public figure, "The chickens have come home to roost."

They tell us what we need is alternative energy. They tell us that drilling our own oil will take ten years to come on line.

What they don't tell us is that all these alternative energy sources might never come to fruition.

Remember that ethanol was supposed to be the cure for addiction to foreign oil.

Now ethanol is the cause of global starvation.

Sooner or later the bells are going to go off for those Americans who've been living in a fantasy world for so long.

It might never happen, though. Nine-eleven got their attention, but not for long. They've either forgotten or they are so deluded they think Bush did it.

Sometimes, I think it's hopeless, but today's Supreme Court ruling has given me some hope that there is a ray of light coming from somewhere.

[edit on 2008/6/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Anything that snaps people back into the real world will benefit the Republicans.

It really shouldn't take a terrorist attack.

It is funny to hear you say this (or read you write it) because this is the exact same logic I apply to the dismal performance on the Republican party this cycle.

Look at the oil debacle and then listen to the Democrats' rhetoric and watch how much they are loving our misery.

I have a hard time trying to figure out what sort of 'glee' democrats have displayed over our oil woes, perhaps you could share a few of these examples?

They tell us what we need is alternative energy. They tell us that drilling our own oil will take ten years to come on line.

What they don't tell us is that all these alternative energy sources might never come to fruition.

thankfully there are plentiful examples of Alternative Energy being highly successful in other countries so we do not have to subscribe to this defeatist mentality.

Remember that ethanol was supposed to be the cure for addiction to foreign oil.

Now ethanol is the cause of global starvation.

Funny you choose the poorest of examples. Ethanol is a 'solution' dreamed up to help maintain the status quo, it hardly qualifies as an 'Alternative Energy'

Sooner or later the bells are going to go off for those Americans who've been living in a fantasy world for so long.

It might never happen, though. Nine-eleven got their attention, but not for long. They've either forgotten or they are so deluded they think Bush did it.

Sometimes, I think it's hopeless, but today's Supreme Court ruling has given me some hope that there is a ray of light coming from somewhere.
[edit on 2008/6/26 by GradyPhilpott]

Wow...I hope waking up dose not hurt you to bad mate, best of luck.

new topics

top topics

join