It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Eveything Have To Be A Conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
ABOVETOPSECRET

Generally this term is used in a military sense.

Hence Gov involvement. You should have figured this when you came here.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
every conspricy is brought up by the govement to hide the birth of the anti christ

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is my opinion on why some people see conspiracies everywhere.

Some people are dissatisfied with what life has brought them. They feel cheated and held back from achieving all that they wanted to achieve. Sometimes, they may have been discriminated against, or judged badly by a teacher, boss, or colleague. Some people have been wrongly accused and/or convicted of crimes.

These types of people need an explanation why life has treated them this way. They need someone or something to blame, as long as it is not themselves. And, I agree that sometimes it is not themselves that is to blame. Society is not perfect and some people are slighted by it to varying degrees.

After a while it becomes easy to link events together to form a grand conspiracy. Especially with the internet, which is a huge factor in the spread of conspiracy theories. Every earthly event can be connected to one or more theories about how the world is being manipulated.

Some people need a way to say, "My life is not that great and here's why..."

Before I get flamed, I repeat: this is my opinion.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
ABOVETOPSECRET

Generally this term is used in a military sense.

Hence Gov involvement. You should have figured this when you came here.

So that means almost everything has to come back to being a government conpsiracy?

And for your information I joined due to some of the fantastic paranormal threads...unless the government is responsible for paranormal events too

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

My personal opinion is that the Truest of conspiracies reigns Above government and military and that the forementioned are merely tools for the real power.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Good topic to be tested. Let's see if this article gets boxed as a Conspiracy or a True Fact. It is the ideal Story to be either chopped for sinister reasons or accepted as a Fact....Lets put it to the test.

www.gregpalast.com...

Court Rewards Exxon for Valdez Oil Spill

Twenty years after Exxon Valdez slimed over one thousand miles of Alaskan beaches, the company has yet to pay the $5 billion in punitive damages awarded by the jury.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well then every interesting event should have like 10 reporters from all walks of life who work for companies not connected to the machine.

Then we can get a good take on it and not be so in the dark.

Oh wait, everythings classified or dangerous to natl security. Thats where weve given away the truth. The big lie of fear and that info will destroy our nation.

It might destroy us now , since weve been lied to so long.

The fact that endless investigation isnt allowed, No free speech by reporters - makes everything a bit fishy.

And the elite are trying to control the world. So they do need to be doing fishy stuff often to pull off such a difficult scam

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Why Does Eveything Have To Be A Conspiracy?

imho - for the accumulation of ATS points.
this point system invites exactly what you speak of.

I put no greater value on someones opinion because of the amount of points they have - those with decent opinions or posts already stand out in the crowd for me.
Glad you brought this up - a star for your original post.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
because of the lack of government transparency, the fact that there are a lot of conspiracies proven reality and the funding of black projects make the conspiracy theorists never stop thinking about where out government money really goes...

as long as there isn't enough transparency of government they should keep out of my life as much as possible, but since they think they have the right to do so in the name of fighting a fake war on terrorism I have no choice than to blame them for the problems in the world.

I agree that not everything has to be a conspiracy but at the current the way the world is there are more lies for profits than there is truth, so the more corruption and fraud there is, the more conspiracy theories will rise...

Grey Magic

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Oz ole' buddy, I've been asking this question many times. It makes no sense to me that everything is planned by a certain few. Ego's and greed would trump the planning in the end. They would eat each other to soon to take advantage of a situation. And anyone who actualy thinks our government could pull this off has never realy worked for them. They can't walk and chew gum at the same time let alone conspire to run everything.
Zindo

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Awesome post! Nailed it big time.

I believe conspiracies, whatever percentage of them has merit, are more effects than causes. The real or primary cause is our programming - genetic/chemical and, much more strongly (as I see it), environmental. There will always be a need to point out inconsistencies or apparent ones. Truth will out.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Have you ever studied the history of the Rothschilds?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

As a matter of fact I have. They seem to have managed to eat themselves with family infighting and collusion. They've lost most of they're controll by the kids screwing up the parents plans. Old time family doesn't even come close to present day family. Same with Debeers. They no longer controll the diamond trade. They are still a player but not the way they used to be.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I think that we have our fair share of members who genuinely believe that everything is linked to a conspiracy...And I think we have a number of memebers who "overuse" the Conspiracy Card. But I also believe that there are a number of topics which truly do deserve the Tag as being a Conspiracy.

When I joined ATS, I had typed in "Conspiracy Theory News" in Google. I wanted to receive a newsletter on Conspiracies...Above Top Secret was one of the first couple hits. Perhaps some people are just assuming that EVERYTHING posted on this site just HAS to be linked to a Conspiracy...

- Carrot

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Oz ole' buddy, I've been asking this question many times. It makes no sense to me that everything is planned by a certain few. Ego's and greed would trump the planning in the end. They would eat each other to soon to take advantage of a situation. And anyone who actualy thinks our government could pull this off has never realy worked for them. They can't walk and chew gum at the same time let alone conspire to run everything.
Zindo

Brilliant mate, I totally agree

I am surprised that the hasnt been more threads created about the hadron collider/ accelerator thingy, that seems to scare many a people for some reason

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
conspiracy
Noun
pl -cies
1. a secret plan to carry out an illegal or harmful act
2. the act of making such plans
Collins Essential English

by this definition almost anything could be deemed a conspiracy, from board room meeting to a couple of primary schoolers getting together and agreeing
to taunt the fat kid.

So when you have PTB that are more interested in serving the cooperate oligarchy than the taxpaying citizens; not to see the conspiracy is naive.
Secrecy is a control mechanism. Give the plebeians their bread and circus and it's all good. Schools out....

[edit on 26-6-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
I think that we have our fair share of members who genuinely believe that everything is linked to a conspiracy...And I think we have a number of memebers who "overuse" the Conspiracy Card. But I also believe that there are a number of topics which truly do deserve the Tag as being a Conspiracy.
- Carrot

Yes I do agree there are several things that do deserve the conspiracy label but ATS is becoming increasingly run over by people labelling everything as a conspiracy, lol

By the way I like the term "conspiracy card"

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

My personal opinion is that the Truest of conspiracies reigns Above government and military and that the forementioned are merely tools for the real power.

Lol, please tell me you are not referring to the reptilians!!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Because all the governments are conspiring against us.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

most things that involve more than one person are conspiracies. so...

[edit on 26-6-2008 by ~Lucidity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join