It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Eveything Have To Be A Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Seriously people, can we just give it a rest. In my opinion you are doing a diservice to ATS

Everytime something big happens it automatically gets labelled as government coverup or a new conspiracy without even been though through. For example, take the China earthquake

How many threads have been created about the Chinese earthquake being caused by underground nuclear tests, secret bases and even HAARP? I mean cant people just accept that earthquakes (in fact all seismic activity) has been occuring for millions, probably even billions of years? Have people been trained on how to read or have they even researched different readings and signatures on the richter scale? How many of the OPs of these threads have researched the difference between a nuclear detonation and an earthquake on the richter scale?

And as for the clouds, forget the common and more plausible explanation of iridescence caused by diffracting sunlight through water droplets, cant be that can it.....must be HAARP
. Another occurence that has been occuring (and has been researched) long before weather manipulation was even thought of

And then anyone that disagrees with the OP is labelled as a pseudoskeptic or disinformationist (how mature)

No wonder there are so many people out there that shun conspiracy theories and theorists, the majority of us look like complete wack jobs or paranoid schizophrenics

Anyone else out there seeing this?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Let me be the first to say that I completely concur. There are some conspiracies out there. But if everything were a conspiracy, can we even really call it that anymore?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Conspiracy theories are kinda dangerous territory. Once you see one, you see another...then another...then another...until eventually you see one everywhere. It becomes the only likely explanation. Other possibilities become ridiculous, no matter how likely. So I agree with what you're saying.

On the other hand, with mass media and the internet and the exposure to new ideas, new theories, and news not typically reported in the mainstream media, people are going to adopt certain beliefs that the majority feel lack logic or credibility.

I, for one, am thankful that I'm able to expose myself to these ideas and theories and make a judgment. Indeed, there are some bad things about it. But there are some good things, as well.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I get where you are coming from, but this is a conspiracy forum which specializes in talk of conspiracy. Take away all the kooky conspiracy angles and let's face it, this would be just another generic website.

Personally, I'll take the bad with the good over turning this into some bland discussion forum where there are no angles other than the generally 'accepted' views.

What you desire seems to be a system which caters to narrow viewpoints and does not allow for more extreme opinions. Sorry, but I'll take ATS anyday over "OzTS'.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think linking earthquakes to HAARP and other conspiracy related projects / concepts is valid, and worth posting about. To each his/her own... if it were up to me, I would be saying the same thing in the alien forum; but I just keep to myself lately.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
And as for the clouds, forget the common and more plausible explanation of iridescence caused by diffracting sunlight through water droplets, cant be that can it.....must be HAARP
. Another occurence that has been occuring (and has been researched) long before weather manipulation was even thought of.

I'm not sure I'd use this particular example as evidence that "everything has to be a conspiracy."

Have you ever seen clouds that looked like that? I sure haven't. And evidently, neither had many Chinese who noticed and photographed them.

In contrast, clueless Americans have grown so used to chemtrails that they don't even notice them and if they do, insist they're natural.

Is everything a conspiracy? No.

Is there far more conspiracy in the world than most people imagine? Absolutely.

Even the automatic reaction many have to the phrase "conspiracy theory" is a conspiracy. Is this your real objection?

[edit on 24-6-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
I, for one, am thankful that I'm able to expose myself to these ideas and theories and make a judgment. Indeed, there are some bad things about it. But there are some good things, as well.

I will admit that I do like to see two sides of the story but when something is solved or debunked (better use debunked very loosely), why do people still try to force the topic into being a coverup thingy etc and accuse others of being "in on it"?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
I get where you are coming from, but this is a conspiracy forum which specializes in talk of conspiracy. Take away all the kooky conspiracy angles and let's face it, this would be just another generic website.

Well I dont want the crazy conspiracy angles to be taken away, I just want rational discussion which is becoming less frequent here.

What you desire seems to be a system which caters to narrow viewpoints and does not allow for more extreme opinions. Sorry, but I'll take ATS anyday over "OzTS'.

Well no, thats not what I want. I will admit I do have a narrow view point on some things (anything to do with meteorology as its my proffesion), but I am open to anything on here. Its just that when anything of great signifcance happens its always labelled as a conspiracy, I just want to know why thiss keeps happening time and time again.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
But this begs the question. What is more. Conspiracy, or what we see? I think , honestly, that most peopel on this site belive that there or more conspiracies than there are truths. And I thin kthats sad.

My top 5 real conspiracies..... (If anyone cares)

1.JFK
That was all CIA

2.Roswell
Again, CIA, DOD

3.9/11
CIA, notice a trend there?

4.War in Iraq
IMO linked to 9/11 from a conspiracy perspective

5.Election of 2000
The biggest atrocity in our age. (im 24)

Honorable mention

Bret Hart bein screwed by Vince McMahon

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

I will admit that I do like to see two sides of the story but when something is solved or debunked (better use debunked very loosely), why do people still try to force the topic into being a coverup thingy etc and accuse others of being "in on it"?

This might be a really bad example, but I'm going to use it anyway. Yesterday I watched "UFOs: Seeing Is Believing" on National Geographic. It's a few years old...Peter Jennings was the narrator. They were talking about Roswell and how even after the Air Force said that what they covered up was a device used to detect Soviet nuclear blasts, Project Mogul, people still chose to believe to crashed saucer story. Because "these people" have held onto to their beliefs for so long, they choose to believe the "fairy tale" of a UFO crash over "the truth" of Project Mogul.

Once people convince themselves that what they perceive is the truth, it's hard to convince them otherwise.

P.S. For the record, I don't believe the whole Project Mogul theory. But I understood what they were trying to say.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I must say, this topic is one of the reasons why i am not visiting this site as much as i used to.

Everything, and anything is a conspiracy these days. It gets a little tiring.

Some threads are hard to follow because there are counter conspiracies, cross referencing conspiracies and it does your head in.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

It is because it is a basic "pack animal" human tendancy to feel like an outsider trying to look in. This is what comes from an unchecked animalistic drive system.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
At first it's all like speculations. The "conspiracies" that pop up after recent events are just speculations. If the rabbit hole goes deeper, then it becomes a conspiracy. Like If nobody ever questioned recent events, then no conspiracy theories would ever develop. Even legit ones have to start somewhere.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
At first it's all like speculations. The "conspiracies" that pop up after recent events are just speculations. If the rabbit hole goes deeper, then it becomes a conspiracy. Like If nobody ever questioned recent events, then no conspiracy theories would ever develop. Even legit ones have to start somewhere.

Yes I agree it is all speculation. The problem is when people turn something like a naturally occuring phenomenen into a seething cauldron of scaremongering and assumption with no evidence to back their claims. Legit ones start with legitimate questions like in the Roswell case where the military mysteriously took back their original claim of the UFO wreckage and called it a weather balloon instead

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don't think everything is a conspiracy and that isn't the problem anyways. I think the problem is with the fact that we can't tell what is and what isn't one.

Do we ever know, will we ever know, what, when or how a conspiracy is created. It's like a secret. A secret is only a secret when no one knows it's there. Once it is out in the open it is no longer a secret, but who is behind it and what is the motive.

A conspiracy is usually something to do with a hidden agenda. Who is behind it, and why is it being kept secret? I think the earthquake could have been human made (HAARP or whatever). But until we have proof then our beliefs are merely stories about conspiracies. But they entertain us and they cause us to look deeper into the motives of mankind.

I believe, like secrets, conspiracies are real. They are happening and have happened. The papers are hidden, and the meetings secret. The people that are the cause of the conspiracies are in more fear than the rest of us. Only because if they talk, or are found out they would most likely be killed. The privilege of places like ATS is we can be open about out thoughts and share them.

We can be honest whether the conspiracies are true or not. I like mental exercise. I think most of us here do.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
From my researches into history, I've found that there's been one conspiracy group or another getting involved in literally everything, all the way back at least as far as the invention of writing...Yeah, Mesopotamia & Egypt, the whole Mediterranean area, literally everywhere.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Everytime something big happens it automatically gets labelled as government coverup or a new conspiracy without even been though through.

No it doesn't. But perhaps if the PTB would be a little more truthful,
there wouldn't be near as many reasons to see a conspiracy.

I question authority. Why? because of the pattern of lies they have established. Deception, manipulation and lies are their stock in trade to
maintain their control, to satisfy their blood lust and greed.

Worship those in a position of power if you choose to; they love chumps
because it makes their job, oh so much easier.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Everytime something big happens it automatically gets labelled as government coverup or a new conspiracy without even been though through.

No it doesn't. But perhaps if the PTB would be a little more truthful,
there wouldn't be near as many reasons to see a conspiracy.

From my experience it does....or maybe I just get too many accusations of working for them

I do agree that the government/s does cover things up but I mean why does everything have to have been done by them? Its just overkill

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I myself don't believe in 'conspiracies'. I loathe the word , as it falls into the 'theory' category and the 'educated guess" category. I DO however, believe in complicity. Look it up. And there's much more complicit acts going on then one cares to imagine.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

dunno but Dan Burisch and a a few other insiders seem to think it was HAARP at work for the China Earthquake... but I understand where you're coming from.. im not implying that your stupid at all.. but you need to realize the extent to which we have all been brainwashed to believe what is "normal"... I know you know this but REALLY think about it.... you dont think its possible that alot if not everything we've been raised to believe that is out of our control is actually controllable...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join