It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Order Of The Holy Sepulchre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hello

Does someone knows the requirements for membership in the Order of the Holy Sepulchre?

And Are they similiar to the Order of Malta?

Francisco

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I can't help with becoming a member, but their US website lists points of contact in most, if not all, Catholic dioceses in the states.

If you're not in the US, you might find useful contact info on their global site.

Incidentally, I have to say - without being disrespectful - that one would think such a venerable order would be able to find, somewhere among its ranks, a copy-editor.

They are similar to the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, in that they have managed to survive since the Crusades, and they enjoy the "protection" and blessings of the Vatican. And of course, they do good works. But as far as I know, they do not have the unique diplomatic status that the SMOM have secured for themselves.

As I said, I can't tell you how to become a member. From my reading, in addition to being Catholic (duh) you are required to swear some sort of "Oath against Modernism," or some such.

Good luck, I'm sure being part of that organization would be something to be proud of. There are, after all, very few ways to legitimately be called a Knight these days.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
They have these on the site if it helps:

(Please stand and face the Papal Flag and repeat after me [Lieutenant] ) In the presence of God and this company I solemnly swear my loyalty and obedience to the Vicar of Christ, Pope Benedict XVI.

and:

www.holysepulchre.net...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pacotj

To be a member you have to be proposed by:

1) a fellow member
2) your pastor
3) your ordinary (bishop or archbishop)
4) the Vatican

I was proposed by a fellow member, and I'd wager that is how most people enter, with fewer people proposed by their pastor, and few still proposed directly by their local ordinary. I would guess that in only very rare circumstances would one be proposed by the Vatican.

From the levels you are proposed from, you then require a statement of approval up the line. For example, I was proposed by a fellow member, thus it was required that my pastor, local ordinary, and finally the Vatican research and approve my worthiness.

There are several ancient perogatives of membership, which have fallen into disuse. Today, it is merely to be able to were the cape and beret (or grand uniform), and the insignia. Further, you receive an illuminated Degree/Diploma of Investiture in Latin, and you can legally refer to yourself as "Sir" or "Dame", although the title is not heriditary.

I have a translation of the Latin text taped on the back of my framed investiture document. Perhaps I'll post that here for review?..
edit on 6-6-2012 by Zhenyghi because: spelling

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I should add that I'm a member of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepculchre of Jersusalem. There are two other spurrious and self-styled "Holy Sepulchre Orders", which are:

the so-called "Byzantine Order of the Holy Sepculchre"
the so-called "Religious and Military Order of the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre" - the more comic and laughable of these two exaples list.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zhenyghi

There is also the Masonic and Military Order of the Red Cross of Constantine and the Appendant Orders of the Holy Sepulchre and of St John the Evangelist.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I was aware of the Masonic Order of the Red Cross of Constantine, but not the other Masonic bodies you mentioned...

Thanks for the info!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Wow Z, your a KHS? That's pretty cool..What kind of things have you accomplished that merited an invite from a member of the order?

I have interest in both the Knights of Malta, and Knights of the Holy Sepulchre. I don't think I have made a signficant impact on the church or commmunity that would merit an invite to these orders. Who knows,maybe one day in the future.

I actually was in contact with SMOM in Canada, and they sent me an application for membership, I needed recomendation by 2 members of the order and a whole slew of other documents, resumes and such..I couldn't pay the "fee" at the time as well...

I know our Supreme Knight is also a KHS, and a Knight in a couple other things too...well of course besides the K of C. However K of C is not an order of Knighthood or Merit such as the KHS or SMOM or those knighted by the Queen.

Anyhow..there is my ramble for now.

CC

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pacotj

welcome,, got something for u and your guys ,,

discuss freely

"THE BREAD RECIPE"@

The following is taken from
"Essene Gospel of John"
as translated by
Edward Szekely.and Edits by Me.*,**.

"Let the angels of God
prepare your bread.
Moisten your wheat,
that the angels of water may enter it."

Then
set it in the
air,
that the angel of air may embrace it.

And leave it from morning to evening beneath the sun,

that the angel of
sunshine
may descend upon it.

And
the
blessings of the three angels
will soon make the germ of life
to sprout in your wheat.

Then
crush your grain,
and make thin wafers,
as did your forefathers
when they departed out of Egypt,
the house of bondage.
Put them back again beneath the sun
from its appearing, and when it is risen to its highest in the heavens,
turn them over on the other side
that they may be embraced there also by the angel of
sunshine,
and leave them there until the sun sets.

For the angels
of
water,
and
air and
of
sunshine
fed and ripened the wheat
in the field,
and they likewise must prepare also your bread.

And the same sun which,
with the fire of life,
made the wheat to grow and ripen,
must cook your bread with the same fire.

For the fire of the sun gives life
to the wheat,
to the bread,
and to the
body.

But the fire of death
kills the
wheat,
the
bread,
and the
body.

And the living angels
of the living God
serve only living men.

For God
is the God
of the living,
and not
the God of the dead."
*Edits
Update: 6/03/12
The above Bread Recipe,,was written,,
before the death of Christ,,fact,
and
it is my
own personal belief,

that this is

"Christ's Own Recipe".

or
put in
another more modern interpretation,

"Bread For Dummies"
by Yeshua Ben Joseph.

See what I'm saying,,,

Now,,taken from the above Recipe,,which is intact,,and original in it's wording,,

**I have added, correct, puncuation.
ya puncuation counts,,

We see the line,,

"then the living God serve only living men",
is
at the time it was written,,valid.

The Line,,,

"For God is the God of the living,
and not the God of the dead.",
is also valid."

Now,, I put too one and all,,learned and otherwise,
And
I put too whomever,,,that,, once Christ,,
otherwise know as,,
Yeshua Ben Joseph,
Jesus,
Son of God,
Son of Man,
Messiah,
Saviour,
Prophet,,
King,etc,,,etc,,,et al.

That once Christ died on the Cross,
in that Hour,
after the words,
"Father,into your hands,"
happened,,,God The Father, Changed.

So we must update,, "THE BREAD RECIPE" to reflect that change.
Now i know some will say "how can u update the word of a God?",
,for "we are but mortal men,,not able too correct the Word of God!",,
too which i remind everyone,its a bread recipe,,the assumption that it is "THE BREAD RECIPE"@ written by Christ,is mine,,and i will shoulder that burden, gladly,, i like bread making,,it's good for the Arthritus,,in my fingers.

I will assume the original,THE BREAD RECIPE works.(anyone from the that part of the World reading this might want too jump in for confirmation,,in real time ),,
On edits of the original,,
"then the living God serve only living men",
must be changed
too,,
"the living God serve's living men as well as dead, and "For God is the God of the Living, AND the God of the Dead.
Update Finished.

"THE BREAD RECIPE"
Yeshua Ben Joseph,
Personally i like that one best.

"THE BREAD RECIPE"
Yeshua Ben Joseph,
with updates by me
would be cool.

And this is for the one's who thought they were safe from the Living
God. God of the Dead,,,same God.

So yes too the Families,,i give you,,

"THE BREAD RECIPE".
i can only hope this will help.

faith.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
ohh and apparently an ATS mom ,,tried the recipe,,its delicious

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by chief_counsellor

Yes, I'm a KHS; got invested in 2006. I'm up for promotion soon (to KCHS). I can't say what got me the invite, specifically. I know several fellow members from the Alhambra that are also in the H.S.

Be careful what you wish for! There are very serious and solemn obligations with regard to living your life, and monetary obligations.

Knights of Malta is very, very exclusive, and just as expensive. I once thought I'd like to be a member, but after my taste in the EOHSJ, I think I'll pass, unless I win the lottery, or quadruple my salary somehow.

If you're looking at initial and continuing monetary obligations, EOHSJ is much less costly than Malta. Heck, for that matter the Knights of St. Gregory (I'm not a member) has very little monetary obligations, and is higher in rank of precedence than the Holy Sepulchre. If I could do it again and have a choice, I'd go with the Knights of St. Gregory.

new topics

top topics

join