It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Discovery Confirms That The Ten Commandments Made It To America Before Columbus Did

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Have you heard of the Los Lunas Decalogue Stone?

It is a huge stone on the side of a mountain in New Mexico that has the Ten Commandments inscribed into it in ancient Hebrew.

You can see a picture of it here:

shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com...

The scholars who have studied it date it anywhere from 500 to 3000 years old. That would almost certainly mean that it pre-dates the arrival of Christopher Columbus to the New World.

What do you all think about this?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

I would say this is an indication of three possible conclusions:

1. All religions are a diffrent interpetation of the same truth.

2. The native people in this country were once part of a larger civilization.

3. Christians made it to America before Christopher Columbus.

I would like to believe it is the second conclusion as that one supports the idea of Atlantis and Lumeria and the migration to America as reported by Cayce and others.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Alternatively they may have been inscribed post European colonization and dated incorrectly.

To me that inscription, or rather the rock on which the inscription is cast, does not look very old...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
[edit on 24/6/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

Whats you're guess on the age of the rock ?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

Whats you're guess on the age of the rock ?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus
Alternatively they may have been inscribed post European colonization and dated incorrectly.

To me that inscription, or rather the rock on which the inscription is cast, does not look very old...

How many Europeans would be able to write in ancient paleo-Hebrew script? My guess would be pretty much zero. Since most would be able to only do their native tongue of anything, the odd few might be able to do Latin, but after that the chances of getting that kind of writing there is very very slim.

Originally posted by harvib
3. Christians made it to America before Christopher Columbus.

I don't think Christians would have done this. They would have done the Lord's prayer or something about Jesus.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Most mainstream archaeologist view it as a fake, yet another in a long line of forgeries in support of biblical people in the new world.

One should look at the record of the finder who had a record of fabricating some or all of his archaeological data in other areas.

To support this all you need to do is find the habitation site of the people who supported this. It would interesting to ponder how a party of foreigners, without superior military technology, could have penetrated this far into New Mexico - and left no other trace.

Possible - but not probable

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Two very good points. I would be inclined to think you are right in both regards. Who do you think inscribed them?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wonder if the commandments can be found on every continent? Perhaps whoever arranged for us to be here(or some entity who wants to ruin the plans), paid a visit to each region and tried to set some ground rules for the establishment of a peaceful god-fearing society. The commandments that concern worshipping the one God, and no false idols, etc. I could do without, but the rest I try to follow in my everyday life.

I always thought this was the most interesting though:

You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Isn't Jesus in the heavens above? And Mary, etc. So wouldn't all the crucifixes and other statues of religous folk actually be against the Ten Commandments. I always knew the religous were the real sinners.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Howdy

Someone who was biblically minded/religiously motivated, and a person who had access/education on ancient languages. This during a time when most graduates learned Greek and Latin wasn't that unusual.

When you have an odd piece of data like this you need supporting evidence. Example the Norse penny, by itself it would be sceptically viewed but based on its archaeological provenance, supporting evidence from the Sagas and L'anse Meadows-its very believable.

Los whatever is not

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
FWIW, good discussion here ( posted on 15-2-2007)

2000 year old stone carving of the 10 commandments in New Mexico?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It's a hoax.

* There's no such thing as paleo-Hebrew
* Hebrew didn't have periods in sentences until the 1500's
* The Jews don't hold the 10 Commandments in any esteem (they view them as "divisions" of the Law) and never carved them on anything.
* The version of the 10 Commandments on the stone is Protestant and not Catholic (original version of the Bible). Protestantism didn't exist until the 1500's.
* The rock was recently carved (within the past 200 years.) You can tell because the inscription lines are much lighter than the rock.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Howdy Byrd, long time no read

I apologize in advance

[....weakening.....going into woo mode...I cannot resist]

It's a hoax.

[You have to say that because you are part of mainstream coverup]

* There's no such thing as paleo-Hebrew

[Its right on that rock! Open your mind to new discoveries]

* Hebrew didn't have periods in sentences until the 1500's

[That's what THEY want you to believe, the ancients used acoustic, higher vibration periods which we won't be able to see until December 2012]

* The Jews don't hold the 10 Commandments in any esteem (they view them as "divisions" of the Law) and never carved them on anything.

[Not in this dimensional time flow perhaps, however, I know someone who channels a cat that was owned by a dissent Jewish leader who held this belief, there cult was called טוּמטוּם]

* The version of the 10 Commandments on the stone is Protestant and not Catholic (original version of the Bible). Protestantism didn't exist until the 1500's.

[obviously you've brought into the lies of the Catholic/reptile empire - wake up!]

* The rock was recently carved (within the past 200 years.) You can tell because the inscription lines are much lighter than the rock.

[These Hebrew ancient had advanced rock cutting technologies, they had cydonaut sponges, which clean a rock and using hyperdimensional physics to make the lettering, both on the rock here on earth but also on Mars - at the same time]

[woo mode off]

phew

[edit on 24/6/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Is this rock part of the evidence that the Church of Latter Day Saints cites as proof of Jesus' travels in the US, or am I thinking of another artifact?

[edit on 25-6-2008 by zephyrs]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zephyrs

I believe that some informal groups do but that the mainstream LDS does not.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
...The commandments that concern worshipping the one God, and no false idols, etc. I could do without, but the rest I try to follow in my everyday life.
Interesting that you throw out the one that binds all the rest. You do realize that others think the whole "adultery" one ought to be thrown out? And there are those in prison who think the whole "Thou shall not murder" one ought to be out too, especially for "disrespect" and "business". The one about honoring your father and mother seems to have pretty much gone by the wayside.

Once you start, it's always an opinion on which ones get thrown out.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Howdy Sir

Don't forget the little known 11th commandment

"Get those suckers who don't believe in me"

The 12th commandment is also forgotten

It was an excellent crab salad recipe.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
The 12th commandment is also forgotten

It was an excellent crab salad recipe.

Hans.... you're starting to channel Terry Pratchett.

To get back on topic and answer a previous question, no the rock isn't part of a traveling exhibit although they do try to sell you minature versions of the rock for your Very Own. The rock is too large to move around.

There was a traveling exhibit (not LDS, as Hans pointed out) by a Christian group that had some stone tablets. They were simply symbolic and not ancient.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Hans.... you're starting to channel Terry Pratchett.

Oh no, he still alive and I didn't like disc world.....he'll eat my brains out from the inside, arrrgghhhh

RUN AWAY, Run Away, run away > ---

top topics

<<   2 >>

join