It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets hit Israel, which says truce broken

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Rockets hit Israel, which says truce broken

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM - Palestinian militants on Tuesday fired three homemade rockets into southern Israel, the first such attack since a cease-fire between Israel and Gaza militants took effect last week.
Israel condemned the attack as a "gross violation" of the truce, but did not say whether it would retaliate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Does anyone ever really believe that these truces are ever real or are they just a way of regrouping both on the Israeli side and the Hezbo or Hamas side.

Why would Palestinians fire rockets in Israel when they are finally getting supplies. The rockets don't do any damage and have no effect except to provoke Israeli bombs.

In my opinion this confirms that either the resistance in Palestine is controlled by the nwo and simply provoke retaliation or Israel has agents in Palestine and actually fire on themselves.

I have no proof of course but it just seems illogical to fire rockets that do nothing into a country when you are finally getting supplies. It would be smarter to get supplies for a long while and build strength and then attack or better yet not attack at all because you know Israel will respond without mercy like usual and kill hundreds of Palestinians and destroy power plants and water purification systems and essentially go crazy.

I know the standard response is that the "terrorists" hate isreal and want to wipe it off the map. Well these little rockets will not destroy Israel.

This whole situation is so repetitive it must be a set up a false flag or a something because its just so convenient and actually benefits Israel more than Palestine.

Its all just so sad and predictable.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

See, to me neither of your personal confirmations ring even close to true. What it proves to me is that there is a large contingency of radical Muslims who do not want peace at any price or at any benefit. They thrive on warfare and truly believe their passage into Heaven requires them to kill to "earn" it. My God, even if you put them in a country which is completely Muslim run with no outside conflicts going on, they divide themselves into two slightly different groups (ie: Shia and Suni) and wage war against each other. If they actually wanted peace, then why in the hell haven't they ever held onto it when they've had the chance, especially considering they're generally the ones who stand to gain the most from peace.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Either a post by a brainwashed or by a brainwasher, either way you're wrong. The idea that one country or people is in the right and that another is in the wrong is basically just ignorance taking a pass on history.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I understand where you are coming from but the militants in Palestine are getting their asses handed to them routinely. Even if they don't want peace they would not be this stupid it just has no benefit for them.

You think just conflict = success in their minds? Because mainstream media says that they want the destruction of Israel well if they attack they get attacked back so they are unable to build strength for an effective campaign.

So either they are literally retarded at warfare or something more is afoot. We all know that Israel wants to ethnically cleanse Palestine and ideally wants to take that land entirely. They are always building settlements and destroying civilian infrastructure so who exactly wants conflict more.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree i guess.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Beat your post of muslim terrism by 1.5 hours, haha, beat ya.

as for points you try to make, try my post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You are politically incorrect but absolutely right.

When I was in Iraq I always said that if the Shia and Sunni joined forces we would be screwed.

In general they wouldn’t do it, they had just been hating each other too long.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
So either they are literally retarded at warfare or something more is afoot.

If they are like the people we fought in Iraq then they are literally retarded at warfare.

Wanna hear a retarded freedom fighter story?

Four US Cavalry Scout gun trucks are set up in a diamond on an Iraqi street corner. We are just shooting the # (tactical halt) during a morning patrol.

four gunmen sit atop four gun trucks, each with a riffle, some with a pistol, one with a .50 cal, one with a mk-19, two with 240 machine guns. One of those 240s is my baby but I am on the ground having chi with our interpreter, because he is a good guy and I like Iraqis and chi.

Anyways, around the corner comes two of Allah’s finest. They are on a SCOOTER, not a motorcycle but a slow put put scooter! The passenger, screaming "Allah Akbar" or whatever the hell they would scream just before they died opens fire with an AK. He sprays and prays, doesn’t hit a single thing with all 30 rounds, and Big Mike (my driver) lights him up with my 240.

That is what one could refer to as "retarded at warfare." They knew they didnt stand a chance, they knew we would go through every home in their neighborhood once we identified them. They knew they would NOT live to fight another day.

So why did they do it?

Want more retarded Iraqi freedom fighter stories? I can keep going all day.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

You are politically incorrect but absolutely right.

When I was in Iraq I always said that if the Shia and Sunni joined forces we would be screwed.

In general they wouldn’t do it, they had just been hating each other too long.

I have no idea what this has to do with Palestine but while you have raised the subject. People like yourself depend on the ignorance of others by saying rediculous things like what if the sunnis teamed with #e. Everyone knows that the Sunni Militias are being funded by the US and here is a nytimes article confirming it and saudi arabia said that if US stopped supporting them then they would.

So either inform yourself or keep drinking the fluoride because youre statement is about as rediculous as "what if Hulk fought superman who would win" its romantic but no basis in reality.

U.S. Backed Militias in Iraq

BAGHDAD — American-backed Sunni militias who have fought Sunni extremists to a standstill in some of Iraq’s bloodiest battlegrounds are being hit with a wave of assassinations and bomb attacks, threatening a fragile linchpin of the military’s strategy to pacify the nation.

and that's reality for ya

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Good story, it still doesn't make you the good guy.

The truce was broken 2-3 hours after it was called by College kids from Israel. They shot rockets at the Gaza district. So there really was no truce at all. Just a breathing time.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

He said he was personally in Iraq... how exactly does that depend on the knowledge of others?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
People like yourself depend on the ignorance of others by saying rediculous things like what if the sunnis teamed with #e.

No, people like me were there in the beginning and had legit fears it would happen. It rarely did because they hated each other more than they hated us.

You keep getting your info from the news there, bud. I was there; I met Sadr himself when I was at Camp Marlborough in Sadr City.

Everyone knows that the Sunni Militias are being funded by the US

No, SOME Sunni militias are being funded by the US, just as SOME Shia militias were being funded by the US. No one every denied it but everyone thinks it is breaking news when the media talks about it. Read an Army FM called Psychological Operations in Guerilla Warfare if you want to know what they are doing over there.

So either inform yourself or keep drinking the fluoride because youre statement is about as rediculous as "what if Hulk fought superman who would win" its romantic but no basis in reality.

You tell me to inform myself? You get your information from a little square screen, I was there boots on the ground. You have about half the picture.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
wont belong till Israel stages its own nuke false flag attack and then the middle east will melt under a hundred nukes...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Good story, it still doesn't make you the good guy.

Thanks, grind more salt in the wound.

I never said I was a good guy. I fear what the Lord will have to say to me and hate what I was, but thanks for judging me.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

What "rockets to Gaza" shot by Israeli college kids???
Even those who fired the rockets TO Israel claim that is a response to action in Shkem where one of leaders of one of terror groups was killed. It is also a problematic claim since at least our politicians said that truce includes only Gaza actions, not other areas.
If you refer to this:
abcnews.go.com...
It was a single rocket, never reached and never could reach even close to Gaza but was aimed at nearby Palestinian village,missed and actually wounded Israeli.
Not that i am not worried, if our civilians will do what Palestinians do and shoot at other civilians they are no better then Palestinian terrorists and it will cause utter chaos.
However no rocket/s were shot at Gaza.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

before anyone alse starts jumping in with the palestinain militia are the ones who cant keep a truce

news.bbc.co.uk...

No-one was seriously injured in the first rocket attack since last week's truce in the Hamas-run Gaza Strip

Israel said the attack was a "grave violation" of the ceasefire.

The Islamic Jihad militant group said it carried out the attack to avenge an earlier Israeli raid that killed one of its senior fighters in the West Bank.

Another man was killed in the incident at a university building in the town of Nablus.

Local reports said he was a student, and not a militant. The Israeli army said both men were armed.

so by this report Israel broke the Truce first

[edit on 24-6-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

so its A OK for Israel to go around targeting Palestinian fighters
and expect them not to retaliate?

so its one exception for one party and a diffrent rule for another

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Uh, "Earlier" doesn't mean "since the truce was signed," now, does it? Earlier can mean very recent, as in "Earlier I ate breakfast." it can mean several days ago, as in "Earlier I gassed up the truck." or it can mean a long time ago, as in "Earlier, Americans didn't whine nearly as much as they do today." Find me a story link that defines "earlier" and then we'll see who broke the truce.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Once again, our politicians said that truce was agreed upon only when Hamas dropped the demand that Israel should stop its military activities in all areas. So the truce is only about Gaza.
If it wrong or not - i do not know. If this guy was killed because he prepared something - i have no problem whatsoever. if he was killed just to test truce conditions - it is definitely wrong.
Do not forget - he was not a civilian, he was a leader of terror/paramilitary/militia (choose your description) group but people in Shderot are mainly civilians. So even if my politicians lied to me and military cynically offed the guy to create pressure to end the truce - it is still wrong to shoot in response at civilians without any discrimination.

JSR

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

it seems BBC failed to report what the AP did report.

Islamic Jihad, a small armed group backed by Syria and Iran, claimed responsibility for the rocket fire. Although the West Bank is not included in the truce, the group said the Nablus raid had soured the atmosphere of calm.

"We cannot keep our hands tied when this is happening to our brothers in the West Bank," the militant group said.

israel did not break the truce.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join