It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'When John McCain was my captive'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

'When John McCain was my captive'

news.bbc.co.uk

Mr Duyet reminisces instead about how he often summoned the future US presidential candidate to his private office for informal chats.

"We used to argue about the war - about whether it was right or wrong," he says.

"He is a very frank man - very conservative, and very loyal to his country and the American ideal.

"He had a very interesting accent and sometimes he taught me words in English and corrected my accent. I have followed his career since he left prison."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
afp.google.com
blog.foreignpolicy.com

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This is defently interesting. The jailer of the prison where McCain spent five years as s prisoner speaks about his time there. Not only that is willing to give support for him in the election. I expect a negative spin could be put on this by the openents, but still is interesting.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Oh my nerves so this guy is saying how McCain lied and he is saying he following his career since he left office yet is just now saying he was never tortured. That’s weird. Why would he not say this when McCain first starting talking about it?

Someone is paying this man a lot of money to throw this crap out there.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
I expect a negative spin could be put on this by the openents,

You mean like McCain hanging out with the enemy? having chit chats with them? who knows what information he was sharing. I mean other captives died or were killed at the same detention place (hanoi hilton) where McCain was and they weren't there as long as McCain. How did he last this long? what promises did he make to them? a little too friendly with his captors maybe????

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The man is no saying anything derogatory about McCain, and to give McCain some credit, he had to do what he needed to do to survive.

People in this boards think that movie type of prisoners of war is the real story of theatrical spoon fed version of misplaced romantic view of what a patriot ready to die for their country in the hands of the enemy should be.

Well real life is lot different.

Get over it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma

You mean like McCain hanging out with the enemy? having chit chats with them? who knows what information he was sharing.

Now now, Momma, you know that kind of wording would only be justified if Obama was a captive too.

I can't help but wonder how long it would take for that fellow to crack, what with his islamic brainwashing and all that.

Oops, i made an unjustified comment!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma

You mean like McCain hanging out with the enemy? having chit chats with them? who knows what information he was sharing. I mean other captives died or were killed at the same detention place (hanoi hilton) where McCain was and they weren't there as long as McCain.

Yes thats pretty much what I mean.
Don't forget the torture denial.

top topics

join