It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you guys think the goverment is doing all it can to prevent another terror attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Do you guys think the goverment is doing all it can to prevent another terror attack? Well? there are so many facilities that arent guarded. Military bases,power plants,research facilities. Bombs can be transporyted throigh cargo planes. Those arent checked. And all sorts of other stuff...

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Since the government knew beforehand on 9/11 and did nothing, I suspect the same can be said of today. Nobody has been fired for negligence or anything regarding the previous debacle. I imagine any attack that the government doesn't want to defend against can and will take place today.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
That would depend on your view of the first attack. The logistic of hijacking one plane, let alone four, is mind-boggling. If you are of the opinion, as I am, that the government had involvement, or at least knowledge of, this attack then would it be a terrorist attack or one from within? This being said, the measures were good before, they are so much better now. Just watch out if the gov. NEEDS something to set it's agenda again, then I might be worried something will happen.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Another terrorist attack would be perfect for Bush.
So I wouldnt be suprised if one happened.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
They tried to hijack almost 10 actually, but many were thwarted (though they only discovered it in hindsight....)

I think so... Regardless of what you think of the NWO agenda, secret government, etc...NOBODY wants another 911. Look, these guys are mostly businessmen.. 911 style attacks are bad for business, the economy, etc. (even if you are in the defense biz...) That's why I think they are doing everything they can to prevent it....

Still, there's only so much you can do.....

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hardly anyone agrees with me, because it doesn't fit either sides tidy little explanations or conspiracies, but I think we DID do all we could to stop at least the fourth plane on 9/11.

We shot it down IMO, and the cover-up and diversions are leading everyone to think we didn't do enough, because if America knew we killed innocents on their way to crash into the White House... some people would be uncomfortable.

My timeline theory is we had our pants down for the first two in NYC, then blundered all over the place trying to respond to the Pentagon and finally had our act together by the fourth plane... BOOM.

I know the families and goverment want everyone to think passengers downed it, and that's a very inspiring good story, but I have my doubts.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
10 is a nice round number. 10 frames in bowling, 10 dimes in a dollar, our basic unit of counting is based on 10. 10,20,30,40,etc.. This number is easily assimilated by everyone, without thinking. A nice smoke screen to hide the involement by the government. The 9/11 attack set up the perfect atmospere for the administration,and its agenda. If something like that happened again I can just here the spin, "We kept you safe for 3 years, we can keep you safe for another 3." The only words I believe from this administration is that it wants to be re-elected. No more.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Hardly anyone agrees with me, because it doesn't fit either sides tidy little explanations or conspiracies, but I think we DID do all we could to stop at least the fourth plane on 9/11.

Rant,

I think this is plausible. But I'd like to add that if this is what happened...it's a-okay with me. And if it comes to that again, it will be a-okay with me...even if I'm on the plane. I'm gonna die anyway - protect the many that may be taken out with me if you don't do it.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I believe that's the standing order now if I'm not mistaken... a compromised plane refusing contact or negotiations will be shot down in as safe a manner as possible to a potential impact zone.

I can't imagine us doing otherwise now. And I understand it.

But it makes for a bit of a "push" in the situtation. It's not exactly a victory for either us or the terrorists... or a complete failure on either side either.

And I'm afriad some people would attempt to politicize the tragedy... i.e. Bush killed 200 innocents to save his own neck, which in my opinion would be the job and duty of the President no matter who it was.

But, most people being more partisan than pragmatic, it makes sense to cover up the action (either past or future). I wish we could handle the truth or whole story, and maybe we could... but I don't think we'll ever get it, even if it happens again.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Rant,

I agree. IF this happened, or even if it does happen in the future, it will be a Catch-22 for the president in office if made public. This is one of those things it's better to lie about in my opinion, and that's sad. But it is the hate-filled, warlike attitudes of the two political parties that make this so. It causes hatred in the masses that don't want to think for themselves...so then, anything that 'hurts' gets spun into some type of crime against humanity.

Yeah, if they have to shoot me down, I hope they make up a REALLY NICE story about me

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I don't think the gov't can prevent terrorism, period. Their feeble attempts will fail, since they don't even understand the mind set of these people. You can't really threaten people with death who are willing to die for their cause.

[Edited on 3-7-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
I don't think the gov't can prevent terrorism, period. Their feeble attempts will fail, since they don't even understand the mind set of these people. You can't really threaten people with death who are willing to die for their cause.

[Edited on 3-7-2004 by Satyr]

Depends on if you threaten them with death that violates their religous principles, simmilar to when Pershing buried Islamic Guerrilas in the Phillipines with pig guts on them and their bodies facing down. I think if you threaten to compromise their religous convictions then death actually starts to have meaning for them.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Do they really have any? If they die fighting for their beliefs, they're martyrs. Do you really think doing anything that would piss them off even more is going to be a deterrent? Somehow, I don't think you thought that one out very well.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I have to question whether or not they did do everything they could to prevent 9-11. The administrations stall tactics for the commision makes it look like they are hiding something.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Since the government knew beforehand on 9/11 and did nothing, I suspect the same can be said of today. Nobody has been fired for negligence or anything regarding the previous debacle. I imagine any attack that the government doesn't want to defend against can and will take place today.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by heelstone]

Not only did 'HEADS not ROLL'

but L.Paul Bremer III, of State Department, Ambassador,
....AND Counter Terrorism Head 1986- ?...

HE is Now the Installed ?Occupation Ruler? in post-war Iraq....and you will see, him or his replacement, still
there next year & the next year & the next ....etc etc
~~$$~~

Everything that can be expected...for sure,
but the intel community still thinks that they
operate exclusively in a Top-Down fashion...

whereas, some believe the 9-11 event was
actually a Bottoms-Up idea, which perculated
into the Jihad mindset of the leaders, via Atta,
who heard the wild idea from another eventual
martyr/suicide/pilot...spotted in a 1995
Scottsdale AZ group of arab pilot trainees...
[ignored til Phoenix memo of 10 July 2001]

So, today...there is an approaching Bank/credit/debit
massive shakedown on the visible horizon...
the petro-dollar is forceibly being supported by
coerced nations....
there will be need of Diversion of Attention!

.just like a bump on the shin...is soon diminished,
when a punch-in-the-mouth is administered next!
~~the monetary near collapse will only hurt until,
the next massive, regional attack is underway~~
the confusion that ensues will make the terror
attack the imputis & cause....

keep yourselves prepared...

as the govt & intels are still preoccupied with their own
goals, plans, retirements, & bureaucratic advancements,
than anything outside their career strategy mindset...
-->>well 85% of 'em anyhow

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think they are doing all they can to prevent the big hits, that would undermine their current control of the world. However, the little hits may be a different story.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think that terror alert is really making the terrortist think twice about attacking us

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yes, the color code is helping the most, no doubt.

new topics

top topics

join