It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Get Back At Gas Stations For High Prices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
How about we have the clerk pump our gas while we sit in our car?

Or take all their paper towels.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBits

PLEASE DON'T.

1. My Dad had a couple of stations and a major oil company jobbership during my BA college years.

2. Just his interview process for the position he was buying into struck me as being super evil. That was before I realized that this company is one of the major globalist enterprises and has likely been so for a very long time.

3. Service Station owners typically have to make do on very thin margins.

4. THEY are not the ones setting the high prices.

5. The evil puppet masters, however, deserve every harvest of the evil they've been sowing that anyone can send their way.

Though I wouldn't touch that, either. God is in charge of the vengeance dept.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
in aus i put in $40.02 or $50.02 they cant charge u the 2c.
its only little but ive been doing it for years.
we dont have 1c or 2c any more.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The only thing that will happen is your own pockets will fill up with change. Petty cash usually has a lot of rolls of coin and if not a trip to bank by the manager will replenish the supply.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBits

Gas stations are not to blame you ninny.
They hardly make any money from the gas they sell, they make their money from the junk you go in and buy when you stop to fill up.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBits

Not according to the the cashier I was just speaking with. He said that he would run out of change.

If they do run out of change then they will have to go buy more or if you filled up at $58.66 and they have no change they will have to give you the .66 cents free gas.

By this, it is obvious you have never worked in retail at all. It is the same with any store that has a register. By pumping $58.66 worth of gas, and giving him $60, they give you the difference. That's called change. When a cashier runs out of change in his drawer (depending on the store and how they do things, they all kinda do them differently) they hit a button on the 'safe,' and out pops more money. The bank comes several times a week to refresh this change, and all is good in the world yet again!

By saying he was running out of change, he just meant wither in his drawer, or his safe. This in no way shape or form is a way of shorting anyone or the like...it is just called business!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
the other day i went to the gas station to buy a packet of smokes and at the register the attendant asked me which car was mine, so he could charge me for gas and i told him that due to the ridiculous prices i SOLD my car and wont be BUYING any more gas until the price comes down!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Excuse me but I don't remember ever seeing anyone paying cash for anything let alone gasoline. I have been using credit cards for many years now. The only difference is that the seller has to pay for each transaction and the seller is making less money for each gallon whereas paying cash they get the full profit.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
When you use your debit card at the pump, it automatically puts a $50 hold on your account until the gas station sends the payment through. This means that even if you are using your card to pump $10 in gas, then the pump temporarily charges your card $50 because it technically has no way of knowing a) how much gas you are about to get, and b) how much money you have available to pay for the gas.

Well actually I've only seen a $1 hold in my bank account when I get gas and I don't think I've ever experienced a $50 hold.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join