It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What books would you recommend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm new to this stuff about secret societies. For someone like me who would want to investigate secret societies and see how they play a part in today's world what books would you recommend that I read?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Jim Marrs Has some interesting books, I thought his book "Rule by Secrecy" was good

Here are antother good one by him:

Who's Who of the Elite

-Kdial1

[edit on 22-6-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'd recommend Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. It's a work of fiction, and a satire.

It does, however, present a good deal of historical information on secret societies since the time of the Crusades, and is particularly informative on the Rosicrucians of the 17th and 18th centuries.

It should also be read as a cautionary tale on the dangers of going too far down the rabbit hole on conspiracy theories relating to secret societies.

Cheers

articulus

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

hi frank go to this web site ebooks4free.net go to catagories and you can have your pick of anything from occult to philosophy all free to download keep you going for months

enjoy

[edit on 22-6-2008 by craic.n.up]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

also try www.sacred-texts.com same thing loads of freemasonary etc
free to read

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by articulus
I'd recommend Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. It's a work of fiction, and a satire.

It does, however, present a good deal of historical information on secret societies since the time of the Crusades, and is particularly informative on the Rosicrucians of the 17th and 18th centuries.

It should also be read as a cautionary tale on the dangers of going too far down the rabbit hole on conspiracy theories relating to secret societies.

Cheers

articulus

Seconded. I have a rather moth-eaten copy buried somewhere and what I found most amusing about it is the way mundane day-to-day realities can be given a completely unwarranted spin just by perspective. We see what it is we want to see. Good book but a dense read a la anything Eco

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Amazon.com: Cheaters Always Prosper: 50 Ways to Beat the System ...

Edit Added:

Never read it before, but it did look interesting when I was doing a quick search!

[edit on 22-6-2008 by MrMysticism]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Jim Marrs Has some interesting books, I thought his book "Rule by Secrecy" was good

I second this one- it was the first book I picked up when researching SS's

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'd point you towards this thread which has a similar, if not identical topic.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hey guys, I have been a fan of this site for years now and I came across this thread here, the best book I can recommend for you is called "Behold a Pale Horse" by Bill Cooper, I am sure you will find the reading right up your alley.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The Lost Keys of Freemasonry and The Secret Teachings of All Ages - both from Manley P. Hall
Perfectibilists: The 18th Century Bavarian Order of the Illuminati, Terry Melanson
If you are new start with something simple like a book from Kirk McNulty, he tends to explain the basics correctly and you won't immediately be overwhelmed by conspiracies.
Also, this is the book that was sent to George Washington.
I would advise you not to read any books which have fictional content, even if they claim to have accurate historical information (they got it from somewhere else anyway).
Hope this helped.

top topics

join