It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vero Possumus??????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hey ATS! Just wanted to hear what you all think about Obama's new Seal. Vero possumus? Means in latin, "Yes, We Can? Sounds to me like very possible. But this caught my interest because at first when I saw it I thought the first word said Nero. Anyways the seal like the original seal has everything in common with the Presidential Seal except for a few obvious changes.

So anyways I'm just going to list a couple Google searches on here for you to look at.

Nero Possummus

Vero Possumus

Obama's Seal

[edit on 21-6-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
All we could say here was OMFG!!

The arrogance. The audacity. The ILLEGALITY!!!!!

Arrest Obama Now has some great information on how this is illegal. SERIOUSLY illegal.

And no one had better brush it off as 'inexperience'.

This guy is frightening. Really and truly frightening!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The link takes you to the Obama homepage, which for me, brought up a contribution page, which you can skip, but I couldn't find the link to the badge you have brought up for discussion.

I am not saying it isn't there, but I am not searching for it, if you provide a better link then I can comment on your OP.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's truly amazing to see what he's able to get "Free Passes" on.. If any other candidate had the audacity to do something like this, people would be screaming from their roof tops..

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
The link takes you to the Obama homepage, which for me, brought up a contribution page, which you can skip, but I couldn't find the link to the badge you have brought up for discussion.

I am not saying it isn't there, but I am not searching for it, if you provide a better link then I can comment on your OP.

Go to the third link listed, it will be the first result. A picture of the seal in the top left. Click on it to enlarge.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
oh wow.
Obama's a bad bad horrible terrorist person who will totally run this country into the ground. He'll take away our freedoms and become a dictator because he'll brush aside the constitution-WAIT-that sounds an awful lot like, President Bush?!

ok, back to the seal, has anyone heard of The Ramones? has anyone bothered to look at their band logo? It's the presidential seal! They slapped it on to millions of tshirts and sold it, made a profit and no one gives a flying cake about that, but let's rag on Obama because he's such a bad guy and vote for McCain well, because we can't think for ourselves and we like him better.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

The Ramones are retarded. Obama is supposedly a Harvard graduate, and a respected US Senator. He should know better..

Write-in Paul Reubens for 2008! He certainly couldn't do any worse than the other two guys.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus24
Obama's a bad bad horrible terrorist person who will totally run this country into the ground.

YES .. he will. Jimmy Carter II.

Heck .. even Jimmy Carter didn't break federal law and wave it in everyone's face like this.

This seal is the height of audacity and obnoxiousness ... and it's DEFINATELY against the law.

He needs to be arrested.
But his Obamatrons will ensure he gets yet another free pass.

Heck of a way for a potential POTUS to act.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have never posted a video like this before .... let's see if I get it right.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Well .. I couldn't figure out how to post the video ... so I posted the link instead.

MSNBC (which is extremely pro-Obama) is talking about the Obama Faux-Presidenital Seal. Their talking heads miss the point. It is ILLEGAL for him to do this.

[edit on 6/22/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What a chump. His campaign knew full well what they were doing, or they should have known. For that reason alone they should be punished.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think it's pretty. It IS round, like the Presidential Seal, and there's that eagle on it that I have seen everywhere... but anyone who can see can tell the clear differences. He's not trying to pass himself off as president or anything. I mean... y'all know the election's not till November, right?

What I DO notice is that the anti-Obama camp is just on the edge of their seats waiting to see the next thing Obama does so they can hype up the drama by putting their negative spin on it and spread the word that he's doing something bad again!

Ooohhh!
He has a pretty blue circle in front of him!
Run for your life!
Arrest him!!!

But no, this circle does not frighten me. Nor does it to convey a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States to me. But that's just me. Let's see what the code says:

(a) Whoever knowingly displays any printed or other likeness of the great seal of the United States, or of the seals of the President or the Vice President of the United States... for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States ... Source

I do not think this blue seal can be interpreted by a reasonable person to be a copy (likeness) of the presidential seal OR to be representing sponsorship or approval by the government.

But that's just me. I actually think it's pretty unreasonable to think that this blue seal with Obama's logo in the middle and his name all over it is meant to be a copy or likeness of the presidential seal.

What does Merriam/Webster say about "likeness"?

1 : copy, portrait
2 : appearance, semblance
3 : the quality or state of being like : resemblance

synonyms: likeness, similarity, resemblance, similitude, analogy mean agreement or correspondence in details. likeness implies a closer correspondence than similarity which often implies that things are merely somewhat alike

So, I guess it SOMEWHAT looks like the Presidential seal in some ways... It's round with an eagle on it... but I would definitely not call it a "likeness" of anything. Except a circle.

And yet again, some innocent behavior, word or action is blown TOTALLY out of proportion and dramatized to the extreme in an attempt to slander Senator Obama.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I do not think this blue seal can be interpreted by a reasonable person to be a copy (likeness) of the presidential seal OR to be representing sponsorship or approval by the government.

So now we are unreasonable, eh? :shk:

Well, right backatchya BH. Any REASONABLE person, who hasn't been smoking hope-ium, can clearly see that it is indeed a mockup and/or takeoff on the Presidential Seal. It is also very clear that it is ILLEGAL to do this.

And yet again, some innocent behavior, word or action is blown TOTALLY out of proportion and dramatized to the extreme in an attempt to slander Senator Obama.

And yet again, some illegal and/or immoral behavior by Obama is TOTALLY dismissed by an obamatron in an attempt to cover-up or belittle the obvious bad behavior of his/her Obamessiah.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Section 18 USC 713[4]

any likeness of the seal … or any substantial part thereof

This faux-obama seal fits the definition.
Obamessiah becomes more and more frightening everyday.
His disciples as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Here is a quote I found on the internet by John Quincy Adams regarding the Constitution. Constitution

"We have no government armed in power capable of contending with
human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our
Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people.
It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other."
John Adams
(1735-1826) Founding Father, 2nd US President
Source: Oct. 11, 1798; Address to the military

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There are several problems with Obama:

1) Extraordinary inexperience
2) Frightful arrogance
3) Teleprompter prowess
4) Inability to speak off the cuff or from the heart
5) Close associates and friends who hate the U.S.A.
6) Use of code words and code phrases to induce response

This pseudo-presidential seal is not very remarkable in terms of its ability to program minds into thinking "Obama is President".

Traditionally only the most evil and most pathetic excuses for human beings rise to the top of the political heap in the USA.

In many respects both Obama and McCain look like Manchurian Candidates. Definitely a time to vote Libertarian, Constitution, or Green if one were to vote in the US Federal election!

[edit on 22/6/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So now we are unreasonable, eh? :shk:

No. Well, you might be, but I'm using the word in the legal sense, since we're talking about the law. Reasonable Person

A phrase frequently used in tort and Criminal Law to denote a hypothetical person in society who exercises average care, skill, and judgment in conduct and who serves as a comparative standard for determining liability.

I suspect some people who are seeing this as the next "Obama Drama" may not be "exercising average judgment" in matters where Obama is concerned... In fact, I'm pretty sure many people here are not, and are rather highly biased against him.

I know I am biased toward him, but you know what? I'll bet he has a crack legal team who investigated this carefully to make sure it was all legal and proper-like.

Any REASONABLE person, who hasn't been smoking hope-ium, can clearly see that it is indeed a mockup and/or takeoff on the Presidential Seal. It is also very clear that it is ILLEGAL to do this.

Oh, it's definitely clear that it's a "mock-up" or a "take-off". But I haven't seen the case made that THAT is illegal. What's illegal is a likeness (copy) of it - or any substantial part thereof.

And yet again, some illegal and/or immoral behavior by Obama is TOTALLY dismissed by an obamatron...

If it's illegal, I'm sure something will be done about it. But I HIGHLY doubt that it is. And "immoral" is kind of a judgment call.

Oh, and the word is "Obamanator"

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
One interesting thing is that they must not have run this pseudo-presidential seal past Native Americans. Many of the tribes and nations recognise the eagle clutching arrows as a sign that the user of the image will be a war-monger and a breaker of treaties and his word.

I suspect that the inclusion of the arrows was meant to convey a counter-balance to McCain's perceived strength with regard to military might.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'll bet he has a crack legal team who investigated this carefully to make sure it was all legal and proper-like.

You'll 'bet' eh?
better you then me. Considering Obama's severe lack of experience and his connections with criminals and shady political behavior .. I definately would NOT be betting anything in his favor. Like I said ... better you then me.

But I haven't seen the case made that THAT is illegal. What's illegal is a likeness (copy) of it - or any substantial part thereof.

For the THIRD time -

Section 18 USC 713[4] .
any likeness of the seal … or any substantial part thereof.
This DEFINATELY has substantial part thereof written all over it ...
and it's a clear rip-off. (not to mention extremely frightening to anyone
following the NWO conspiracies ... it comes complete with Latin and his
rising sun .. or should I say ... rising 'son'. 'Freak'n YIKES' are the words for it.)

Oh, and the word is "Obamanator"

Disciple of Obamessiah or Obamatron.
Those are the only reality-based choices.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
12.21.12 ... I have seen some people discussing this on blogs.
Some Christians have a problem with the rising sun in his seal.
They believe it alludes to a 'rising SON'.

Considering all the messianic rhetoric that Obama spews I can see
why they are very concerned with it.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

This DEFINATELY has substantial part thereof written all over it ...

I believe "substantial part" means a part of the seal... the likeness of a substantial section of the seal. Like this:

Some Christians have a problem with the rising sun in his seal.
They believe it alludes to a 'rising SON'.

Oh, I'm sure they have a problem with it. Talk about a scary group!

No matter what Obama does, someone is going to take it, twist it, dramatize it, fear it, and spread it like wildfire.
It's the nature of the beast.

Just a few things to look at on this subject.

NRA:

The masons:

A cartoon:

An Impostor!

These people are selling this pillow!

Now, I know that all these people using the presidential seal and having similar seals doesn't make anything "right". My point is that these are various forms of seals in general usage in this country. Many are MUCH closer to the presidential seal that Obama's pretty blue seal.

Wouldn't it be a little bit hypocritical for anyone to come down on Obama for his pretty blue seal when all these others are out there in general circulation?

Oh... and this is my personal favorite:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join