It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman finds part of a Thumb in her salad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't know if this was posted before, you can delete if it is. This is so gross....she actually had in her mouth

www.foxnews.com...
CANTON, Ohio � The severed tip of a restaurant worker's thumb was found in a customer's salad.

Stark County Health Commissioner Bill Franks said an employee at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers in the Canton suburb Jackson Township was chopping lettuce at about 7 p.m. Monday when he cut off a part of his left thumb, including part of the fingernail.

Employees at the restaurant about 70 miles south of Cleveland searched for the tip of his finger, but could not find it. The area was cleaned and sanitized, but the lettuce was placed in the cooler. The lettuce was then used for salads the next day.

"It wound up being served at lunch time Tuesday to a 22-year-old woman," Franks said.
She had eaten most of her salad when she put the human tissue in her mouth, Franks said.

She thought it was a piece of gristle, a health department report said. She then alerted a manager.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
oh ma God!!!!

im never going to McDonalds again!!!

not REALLY!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There's nothing like a bit of protien (sorry - couldn't resist !
)

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Eireann]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That is pretty nasty. I wonder how it didn't get blood all over the lettace.

Maybe she was using Thousand Island dressing (sorry, I couldn't resist either).

I give Red Robins One Severed Thumb(tip) up.

AH, SORRY. I am ruining this thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
One reason why I never eat at places I have never herd of.....that is just so gross! But yeah, why didn't the guy get blood over the salad? Unless after the finger got cut he washed it....but it is still gross!!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Disgusting! My cousin once found a ladybug in her salad from wendys...

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
WELL...now that we are talking bout NASTY food stories...there was this article in the paper and news about sum girl who ate a cockroach egg at a fast food place and a couple weeks later the egg hatches and allota babies came out her lip!!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
they see All, it was Red Robin Gourmet Burgers where the thumb was found - not McDonalds. : )

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
i asked no bacon

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Pity, I liked red robin. :shk:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
WELL...now that we are talking bout NASTY food stories...there was this article in the paper and news about sum girl who ate a cockroach egg at a fast food place and a couple weeks later the egg hatches and allota babies came out her lip!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that is just an urban legend. I've heard different variations of the story but they all end with baby cockroaches coming out of someones lip.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I heard somewhere that theres no dog in hotdog. Surely that is false advertising

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I bought some Girl Scout cookies the other day, and guess what?

NO GIRL SCOUTS!

I want my 3 bucks back.

top topics

join