It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Munchies anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hello - been lurking a while with my choc'n'nut.

An excellent site and I love the science / time space theory / ufo / paranormal / NWO threads in particular. There are some interesting informed and heated debates.

In my spare time I like to read - Philip Jose Farmer at the moment - but I also like Joanne Harris, Arthur C Clark, Tad Williams and Stephen King to mention a few.

I am also trying my hand at writing, although this is more of a set of very personal obsession books.

Looking forward to sharing some bites.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Good today, fellow hungry.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. Your timing is excellent. Care to add something to this contest?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Btw, check out BTS for lighter topics.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by midnight_feast

Hello and welcome to ATS.

Love them munchies btw.

Tata for now.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Munchies anyone?

Yes - Cadbury is making me feel hungry. Luckily, I have a cold beer and a bag of Hunky Dory's Buffalo flavour. A pack of Mature Cheese and Spring Onion awaits on the side lines.

What are you writing about there feast? Please share. It's midnight!!

Brei.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Hi Cadbury- and one of my favourites!

Sometimes I like crunchy nut cornflakes (what is it about the evening that makes you want to have breakfast?) but alas the cupboards are bare.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Intrepid - thanks for highlighting this thread - I will watch with interest. Not sure if my stuff is up to standard yet, but may join in later.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
Yes - Cadbury is making me feel hungry. Luckily, I have a cold beer and a bag of Hunky Dory's Buffalo flavour. A pack of Mature Cheese and Spring Onion awaits on the side lines.

I'm about to cain a plate of eggs, and I think I've got about 4 cans of Stella Artois left (out of 24).

Originally posted by midnight_feast
Hi Cadbury- and one of my favourites!

Sometimes I like crunchy nut cornflakes (what is it about the evening that makes you want to have breakfast?) but alas the cupboards are bare.

Cupboards are almost bare here too, Sir (and my name is a reference to the Philip K. Dick short story Cadbury, The Beaver Who Lacked).

Salute!

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Cadbury]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Cadbury:
''I'm about to cain a plate of eggs, and I think I've got about 4 cans of Stella Artois left (out of 24)''

After 8 stella (the beer not the women) I'd be ready for the sack.

I can't belive you can still type nevermind - hey, mine are over easy!!

Brei.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

My obsession books are five books based on the seasons (spring, summer, late summer, autumn and winter) and they also have their own elements (air, water, earth, metal and fire) and colours too. I have a title, theme, synopsis and some characters for each and will add to these as the actual seasons pass.

I based this idea on an artists sketchbook (we had these A3 obsession books when I was studying my art foundation), but I also include written texts, photos, textiles and anything else that relates to my theme (which also has a personal level too).

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Rings a bell - has he written some Doctor Who books? Is that where I have seen his name before?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnight_feast
reply to post by Cadbury

Rings a bell - has he written some Doctor Who books? Is that where I have seen his name before?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by midnight_feast

So do these seasons, elements and colours correlate in any way, and if so, how?

Cheers,

Brei.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Thanks - so no but I have watched Bladerunner and Total Recall. Obviously anticipating tomorrows Dr Who episode more than I thought!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

They are based around the seasons and their related magical / elemental themes, and are a way of ordering and focussing my thoughts and ideas.

I have a place called Moonlands. This is the night world that reflects the day world. Moonlands is the way we interpret the day world in our dreams, memories and the way it feels, sounds, smells to us.

So for example, Winter has a water element. Its colours are dark blue and black. It tastes salty so it is set in the seaside but this is out of season as it is winter. Its shape is wavy hence the sea and tides. Its animal is the turtle - a shelled animal.

Winter is the most developed so far and I have the beginnings of a story (9 pages) to go with it!

new topics

top topics

join