It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis 'rehearse Iran attack'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
Such ignorance on this board, America is nothing more than Israel's bitch. Attacking Iran will not only destroy your country but the world as well. Do you honestly believe Russia and China will stand by quietly and let you get control of all that oil, oil that they depend on too? If you let Bush attack Iran then it's game over and there ain't no reset button.

Your the ignorant one for thinking that we will invade Iran. Not one person has said that anyone will do that. We are talking about a surgical strike on their nuclear facilities and missile sites.

And yes Russia and China will sit back and laugh. What do you think they will do start a nuclear war with the most powerful nation on the planet? They are not stupid unlike your post. Russia has warned Iran several times to back down from their enrichment activities after Russia was told by the U.N. of the latest evidence that Iran was caught with. China is a regional super power who could not even take India in their last war not to mention running from Vietnam after they knew that they were about to get a beating from the Viet-Cong. Our air force would set that country on fire in a few hours if they messed with us.

Things like this prove what Iran was doing by launching a certain size object into space on their Shihab-3 missile.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
`attack the most powerful nation on earth` - you do know it`ll take all of 121 warheads to kill the USA yes?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
`attack the most powerful nation on earth` - you do know it`ll take all of 121 warheads to kill the USA yes?

We would see them fueling their land based ICBMS and hit them in less than fifteen minutes with our Trident missiles from our boomer's in their waters and its lights out for them. Any that get in the air from the enemy would be hopefully shot down from our destroyers, THHAD and PAC missiles around the country not to mention I'm sure we have a few secret tricks up our sleeves like HAARP.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Sky watcher]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
i would HIGHLY suggest you read:

nrdc.org...

and take a long , real world look at the capabilites of the US nuclear forces before you make rubbish statements like yours again.

trident does not have the ability to hard kill the SS-19 silo without using the entire sub fulls just ICBM fields.

then you have the countervalue systems which the US themselves admit to not being able to kill.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
An interesting assortment of replies. Considering the very serious nature of the topic.... less posturing would be helpful
The cited Israeli actions could be nothing. They could in fact be routine, but I think not. They at very least serve as a show of force.
Should they in fact be a rehearsal of a planned raid into the Iranian airspace, I believe such an action will succeed in its immediate aim. The Israelis seem to have an uncanny ability to pull off such efforts. I believe the US will offer little if any criticism. We will have no choice.
It is also quite likely that such an attack will lead inexorably toward a wider conflict.
For those interested in reading up on classic blunders into carnage, read "The Guns of August" concering the first World War.
We seem to be starting off THIS century in similar fashion.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Heh...as a night owl, I beat you to this topic early in the A.M., but it looks like you are getting more interaction. Ah well.

As stated earlier the whole goal will be to get America involved. I do think something will happen soon as Bush is about to leave office and the time to do anything about Iran is now. No telling who the next President will be and what position they will take.

I get the feeling thought that no matter who is President we will aide Israel should it preemptively attack Iran.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Our air force would set that country on fire in a few hours if they messed with us.

You sound like a nutter!!!
Are you one of those "patriot" types?
Do you get turned on by your country's military might?
How many WMD's does your country own?
Do you know if they have more than Iran?
Off the top of your head, can you think WHY would anyone mess with America?

im interested to know, what it is about your country you are most proud of...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Yeah your right, the US is completely defenseless and all of its Nuclear weapons are useless as well and utterly incapable of mustering a nuclear attack.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by LwSiX]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

what? i never said that, so stop pretending i did in the slightest

read what i linked and take a real world look at the US nuclear ability - its nothing like as instant as anyone thinks - and with the case of the super hardened SS-19 silo will take sub loads of warheads to disable them all.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by periwinkle blue

After thirty years of living with the mullahs there is no way the west will accept a nuclear Iran. It just isn't going to happen. Not a chance. Israel will eliminate this threat as it's a matter of national survival. The only question is - do the UK and US go in too?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

i dont really think its for oil.more like stimulating the economy, and bush staying in power. heres an idea of where we get our oil now.

With a target of at least 300 billion barrels, enhanced oil recovery represents the single largest supply of future U.S. oil. And, because the location of the oil is usually known and it is sited within or close to oil-producing infrastructure, this category of oil supply has the potential to be the least disruptive to the environment. Compared with hypothesized production of 3-9 billion barrels of potential production from the Arctic Refuge, enhanced oil recovery represents the largest source of oil in the U.S.
While Middle Eastern countries have very large reserve/production (R/P) ratios, there are many Western Hemisphere, European, and Asian countries with healthy R/P ratios—signifying large oil reserves. In addition to the Middle East, the Russian Federation, Venezuela, and Mexico all are expected to continue to have large oil exports to the U.S.
The majority of U.S. oil imports do not come from Saudi Arabia, or even from Persian Gulf sources. Canada was the largest single U.S. oil imports source in 2000, followed by Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, and Mexico. Persian Gulf oil represented only 11 percent of U.S. consumption in 2000.
While U.S. oil production has been inching downwards since the late 1980s, from 1993 to 2000 increases in Canadian and Mexican production have meant that total North American oil production was constant. The largest gains in oil output during that period were seen in South and Central America, followed by Europe, and the Middle East.
U.S. neighbors Canada and Mexico have very substantial conventional and unconventional oil production, with very good prospects for increasing production in the future. Neither Canada nor Mexico are members of OPEC.
link to original article

so i dont think that since they broke the agreement with russia,that they or china would want to back them. dont forget that the russians were the first to give them the technology,and the iranians defaulted on the payment and the return of the spent nuclear rods.
the rodeo is about to begin. i know for a fact that we are preparing,so sharpen your spurs ,and hold on to your hat. its gonna be a rough ride.
now do you know why bush pushed the martial law thing,that when anything happens in the world he can declar himself dictator and stop the elections? could someone help me with the link to that?
like the analysts say,he's not going away quietly!

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

LOL!!1 Isreal rules the world. Everybody bow down to Isreal.

These people brought on their own problems and are so cowardly and paranoid that they resolve to back down in any way to solve any of their problems. Should this country exist? Maybe the world will be at peace . . . someday.

Seriously you have to step out of the world and look back down. What if there is something beyond your knowledge that is taking place in that region? Maybe OPEC and Iran's "presidents" speak the truth. It is as where it stands. A peaceful energy program. All this rhetoric of talking it up doesn't mean the right of retaliation by force. Isreal seems to provoke just about everything going on in the world? Why? WWII was sixty some years ago. Who's idea? Who's development.

Nowadays Isreal just a thorn in our side and a strain on our economy.

Face it there will never be peace. Peace is a lie.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
i know this is a one liner ,but besides the cole,who was the last country to flat out attack a us navy ship?.
everyone might find this story very interesting! there is even still an ongoing lawsuit about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

We would see them fueling their land based ICBMS and hit them in less than fifteen minutes with our Trident missiles from our boomer's in their waters and its lights out for them. Any that get in the air from the enemy would be hopefully shot down from our destroyers, THHAD and PAC missiles around the country not to mention I'm sure we have a few secret tricks up our sleeves like HAARP.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Sky watcher]

How about solid fuel shahab missles based in Venezuela? How about cruise missles bassed on Venezuela oil`tankers striking DC?

Iran has been back engineering old Urkrainian cruise missles for almost 4 years now.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by heliosprime

you have absolutely no idea do you? name 1 war Iran has started in teh last 1000 years.

Err, how about world terror since 1979? How about supplying arms and training to terrorist is Iraq?.

www.iranterror.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

How about actually answering the question? Hint: NONE.

1979? You mean when they threw out the dictator the CIA and MI6 installed? How DARE they get upset that their democracy was railroaded by the US and UK for money. How DARE they!

And as for Iraq, there's no conclusive proof of Iranian government meddling. Just Iranian people. As, I'm sure, the US people would help out the Canadians if Iran invaded Canada and Mexico, while constantly threatening the US.

Get some perspective on what's happening. It's not as black and white as your TV is telling you.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I seem to recall many examples of the USA doing the very same thing around the world. South America? Cuba? The afore-mentioned coup in Iran that installed the Shar? Various African countries?

People in glass houses and all that......

I also find it very disturbing that some Americans seem to think Iran has been an enemy since 1979, yet do not actually wonder why the Iranians are aggressive towards the USA. Do they not teach history in America? Are you just told America is great, invented everything since the wheel and is utterly blameless in the current state of the World?

The reason the Iranians are not that friendly is because the CIA overthrew their democratically elected leader in favour of a brutal dictator all because Mossadheq dared to want to nationalise the Iranian oil industry to benefit the Iranians. How dare he!?

And this is just one brutal dictator out of many the USA supported/installed that causes all the resentment against the USA around the world. A lot of resentment in the UK stems from the way you shafted us in WW2 and after. Problem is, American people either just don't care, in which they deserve all the backlash they get, or just poorly educated.

I know the Yanks will come back with the typical responses, which is either:

A) We saved your assess in and/or Won world War 2, so STFU....
B) Britain has done loads of bad stuff too in it's history.

Neither of which actually addresses the issue here. which is crass ignorance on behalf of the American populace being taken advantage of by their corrupt leaders to achieve certain aims.

You owe it to yourselves to ask why things happen and understand the world, unfortunately there seems to be little interest in that from the USA and just a desire to dominate everyone no matter what the cost or the history behind the current situation.

Some will even parrot the "party line", even when proved false. People still cough up the (now thoroughly debunked) statement by the Iranian Prez about the removal of the state of Israel, others will insist there is evidence of nuclear weapons in Iran, despite the IAEA saying otherwise.

Some even go so far as to claim that as soon as the Iranians have a nuclear weapon, they will launch it, just because they're all "suicidal maniacs who want their virgins", as if they know exactly how the leaders of Iran think.

This is despite the fact that Iran is Shia and they're not too keen on the whole "martyrdom" thing, that'll be Sunni Muslims (like the Saudi's, Americans best friend, who fund more extremists groups and subversive elements than Iran ever has!!) who like to do that, but what's actual facts matter when you compare it to the "dumbed down for idiots" special on FOX?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Anybody who adopts a pre-emptive strike doctrine, is truly a gutless coward, not to mention insane, but then that's the Israeli government all over. They are nothing more than criminals who at this moment in time are committing genocide against the Palestinian people, while the UN and the rest of the world looks the other way. They invaded Lebanon all on the whim of a couple of soldiers who were apparently abducted, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was also a lie. The Israeli government is renown for it's propaganda and lies.

At this moment in time, there is no justification for attacking Iran. They have done absolutely nothing wrong and as a result, any attack on Iran will be seen as an act of terrorism and Iran will therefore have every right to defend itself, by retaliating in full. So basically any attack on Iran by the Israeli government will be foolish, as they are basically just cutting off their own heads. That's probably why the insane, gutless cowards want America to do their dirty work instead.

The voice of reason tells it exactly how it is and how it will be.....

Mohamed ElBaradei, Director-General of the United Nations nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency, said that he would be forced to leave his position if Iran were attacked. “A military strike, in my opinion, would be worse than anything possible,” he told al-Arabiya television station. “It would turn the region into a fireball.It will mean that Iran, if it is not already making nuclear weapons, will launch a crash course to build nuclear weapons with the blessing of all Iranians, even those in the West.”

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

i think you better check your rant facts before you spew falsehoods on here. the shah,was in power in 1941. he inherited the throne from his father. he was friendly to the germans,so ENGLAND and russia invaded his country in WW II, and he was removed from the throne because they want to make sure iran was on our side. after the war he was allowed to return to his throne and ruled as a friend to the west, until he LEFT THE COUNTRY ON HIS OWN FREE WILL ,when he contracted lymphatic cancer. when he was allowed to stay in the US. when he arrived in new york the "students of the imam"stormed the US embassy in tehran, and took over 50 hostages. thats another story for another thread.
so we did not overthrow him,we didn't even give him a ride to the persian deli before he left.
now you accuse the people of the US with complacency,and stupidity,and you dont realize that the government is doing this,along with our bestest buddies,the english.
do your people have the power to stop your government? i doubt it.
why do you think you're not on the euro? it's because we work together.
if you'd do your research you would know about the IRAN OIL BOURSE,which was instigated by the price of oil being manipulated by investors. its buying and selling is done on line to cut out the middleman...why do you think the internet lines were severed and iran was literally blocked from the net? do you think it was a cooincidence that the bourse opened febuary 11th, right as the lines were cut?
this is what the real deal is. they're switching to the euro for payment and it's collapsing our dollar. this has nothing to do with who likes who,or what they have,its the same old story.MONEY
THE N. KOREANS COULD SELL THEM NUCLEAR WEAPONS ANY TIME THEY WANT. of course i cant prove it , but i hear you can buy nukes in ex-russian satellite countries for the price equivalent to a BMW.
so quit picking on americans. we have a run-away government,and we are powerless. .
but dont worry ,it wont last long. it will only last until they try to disarm the citizens. that will be their mistake. by the way, did't they do that to you ?

WANNA BET KISH ISLAND IS BOMBED TOO? THATS WHERE THE BOURSE IS LOCATED.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join