It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-State Dept. official: Hundreds of detainees died in U.S. custody, at least 25 murdered.»

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
this fits nicely with the two star general who was in charge of the abu ghraib and other investigations for torture. maj. gen. antonio taguba has called for the administration to be put on trial for war crimes. over on huffingtonpost.com in the politics section and scroll down. has any one else posted this bit yet? this group of people never cease to amaze me and disgust!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I wanted to repost the above because the crushed ribs indicate prolonged and emphatic violence. The being hung from a ceiling bit is a "WTF!" if I ever heard of it....why is it a good idea to hang a prisoner from the ceiling?

Sounds like a stress-position, employed to break-down a prisoner in anticipation of interrogations. Under normal circumstances, it isn't lethal. But with broken ribs, it is very easy to see how it would kill him.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

It's better if you refute what I said with facts instead of just parroting it with sarcasm..

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

It's better if you refute what I said with facts instead of just parroting it with sarcasm..

As soon as you say something worth refuting.

[edit on 6/19/2008 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If this is true, and we have every reason to believe it is, then we have become the "evil Empire" that we accused the Soviet Union of being back in the Cold War days. In ANY CASE torture is WRONG!!! What my country has become makes me cringe. No wonder the rest of the world sees us as the number one threat to peace in the world. Our founding fathers must be rolling over in their graves. I hope they haunt the sh*t out of the White House and Pentagon.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i dont really agree with i am about to say..however, i am very open minded and like to look at all sides of everything

people always complain if our government commits murder...yet no one complained with they killed sadam hussein and the whole country knew it happened...so why get mad at the other 25..they were probably bad people as well..just somethin to think about..

and i dont really feel that way..and i really dont think they killed sadam because he seems to valuable to me to just dipose of..

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by resonance

I complained. And there are other members who have.

The problem is that we really don't have a say in what exactly gets done. It gets presented to us and we hear the news and regardless of our reaction, it still occurs.

So, because the action did indeed transpire and there is no Congressional representation of the public (the portion that disagrees). But that doesn't mean that people didn't disagree.

It means that when everything was going down, it didn't matter what the hell we thought and what the hell we wanted. And they get away with it because the American public isn't an ATS forum...it still is as ignorant as ever...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join