It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Russia, sometimes it rains cement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

In Russia, sometimes it rains cement

www.reuters.com

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian air force planes dropped a 25-kg (55-lb) sack of cement on a suburban Moscow home last week while seeding clouds to prevent rain from spoiling a holiday, Russian media said on Tuesday.

"A pack of cement used in creating ... good weather in the capital region ... failed to pulverize completely at high altitude and fell on the roof of a house, making a hole about 80-100 cm (2.5-3 ft)," police in Naro-Fominsk told agency RIA-Novosti.

Ahead of major public holidays the Russian Air Force often dispatches up to 12 cargo planes carrying loads of silver iodide, liquid nitrogen and cement powder to seed clouds above Moscow and empty the skies of moisture.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow, it appears that the Russians have been seeding clouds with cement for 20 years. For the first time in 20 years, the bag of cement didn't turn to powder.

I wonder how this relates to the chem-trail phenomena.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Its fake we aren't messing with the climate or weather..

This news thread is a sham...

Come on guys.. this is proof of manipulating the weather.... I wanna hear the good stuff come out on how it isn't..

No chemtrails and whatever...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
First time in 20 years?!!

Holy cow....they aren't even trying to deny it....

Chemtrails are real....mmmmkay?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think they call them 'Cem' trails.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
ok guys for the skeptics of weather manipulation out there , lets look at where else this tactic is being applied . This concept of " cloud seeding" is not new nor foreign. i would like to see what some of the great thinkiers of this forum have to say about this .

cloud seeding for los angeles

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Warning: Do not attempt this with Concrete, Or Ready Mix.
A hail of stones may result!
For best results disperse dry.
Do not use rebar.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

That's the first good laugh I've had today. Thanks

At first I thought maybe the dust took on moisture that it was "raining" hardened crete particles. But...

"A pack of cement used in creating ... good weather in the capital region ...
Source
Yep a whole pack! of cement. So I guess someone just forgot to break it up before being released ...or what?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
actually "messing w/ the weather" was just on a documentary that i saw on one of the major (major here in the US, anyway) learning channels. i am almost sure it was the discovery channel and if not, probably the science channel since those are the two i watch the most (besides history channel....... which i KNOW it wasn't aired on history channel). i watched it sunday night TWICE (as it aired two programs of the same topic 2 x's each that night). so there is NO doubt (as if there was before) that the gov'ts of the world are messing w/ the weather.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thats just ridiculous

If anything the cement particles would increase the amount of rain, just like what happens with cloud seeding. The introduction of small particles into the atmosphere encourages water vapour to stick to those , which in turn stimulates growth creating larger water particles, and soon after...rain. I am not sure if this article has been reported correctly

And to those who are talking about cloud seeding equalling chemtrails, if you actually knew anything about meteorology, you would notice cloud seeding occurs at low levels where rainclouds occur.....not up extremely high where CONTRAILS form (and spread)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Thats just ridiculous

If anything the cement particles would increase the amount of rain, just like what happens with cloud seeding. The introduction of small particles into the atmosphere encourages water vapour to stick to those , which in turn stimulates growth creating larger water particles, and soon after...rain. I am not sure if this article has been reported correctly

No, it's accurate. They were trying to seed the clouds to get it to rain before the holiday - using the procedure you note above. Doing it before the holiday ensures that the skies have "rained out", so to speak.

Seems to me that both the Russians and the Chinese have been doing this for years. Nothing new about it, except this time someone wound up with a 1 metre wide hole in the roof. To add insult to injury, they would have had rain shortly after... AND had to spend their holiday fixing the roof.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
actually "messing w/ the weather" was just on a documentary that i saw on one of the major (major here in the US, anyway) learning channels.

Discovery Channel.

I recorded it.. Is it any good? I havent watched it yet..

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

No, it's accurate. They were trying to seed the clouds to get it to rain before the holiday - using the procedure you note above. Doing it before the holiday ensures that the skies have "rained out", so to speak.

Seems to me that both the Russians and the Chinese have been doing this for years. Nothing new about it, except this time someone wound up with a 1 metre wide hole in the roof. To add insult to injury, they would have had rain shortly after... AND had to spend their holiday fixing the roof.

Sorry was just about to edit that as your post came in...lol

I didnt read it correctly. Still though you cant rain the sky out. Upper level weather patterns are still going to bring in more water vapour and increase cloud development. It is quite impossibel to stop rain from occuring

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

it was good in the sense that it is what you all have discussed on this website long before i came. it is good in that i came to this conclusion before coming on here; and then seeing it on television made me feel that i wasn't coming to "insane" conclusions, but REAL conclusions.

what i did (and didn't) like was in the first one (the dramatized one) where they showed how it backfired (which is what we all rightfully fear), but then (and what i didn't like) is they showed how they ended up helping NY in from being completely obliterated (which is what i feel they are "selling" us on).

just the fact that it can backfire is reason enough, imo, not to mess around w/ it. playing God is never a good thing, despite the good intentions some may have.

IMO

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Thats just ridiculous

And to those who are talking about cloud seeding equalling chemtrails, if you actually knew anything about meteorology, you would notice cloud seeding occurs at low levels where rainclouds occur.....not up extremely high where CONTRAILS form (and spread)

So you are saying that as a particle spends more time in free fall, it will be likely to gather up more particles and or moisture (hopefully)?

So why not drop the particles from higher altitudes, where they wouldn't be wasted as their fall would be prolonged and have a greater chance of accumulating a greater amount of moisture? Your answer makes no sense, and sounds like a wasteful way of doing the type of weather mods.

You also said in another post that you could not "rain the sky out" or something to that effect... So are you suggesting an Ulterior motive?
Perhaps a malevolent one?

How much do you get paid to show up on these threads as soon as they are made and begin countering every topic that is not a NATO approved talking point? You couldn't be doing this for free.... you should at least be compensated for towing the party line so hard.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If it's true that you can't rain the sky out, then why does it always seem to stop raining after it's rained?

It will eventually rain again, granted. What they've been doing (for quite a while) is inducing the rain before the weekend, which dramatically decreases the likelihood of further rainfall in the immediate future - ie. the holiday.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
If it's true that you can't rain the sky out, then why does it always seem to stop raining after it's rained?

It will eventually rain again, granted. What they've been doing (for quite a while) is inducing the rain before the weekend, which dramatically decreases the likelihood of further rainfall in the immediate future - ie. the holiday.

Yes it will eventually rain again, but you weather patterns change so quickly that any burst of extra humidty into the atmosphere can quickly increase the likelihood of rain. Other factors like the change of upper winds also affect it. That is the precise reason why we release four weather balloons a day, so we can see if changes have occured and to see if forcasts can have t be amended (weather balloons are released 6 hours apart world wide)

How much do you get paid to show up on these threads as soon as they are made and begin countering every topic that is not a NATO approved talking point? You couldn't be doing this for free.... you should at least be compensated for towing the party line so hard.

Was going to answer this post but after stating the immature, paranoid response above, there is no point in even talking to you

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Are you intimidated by me?

Are you afraid I may know more than you?

Are you worried that some people have noticed a recurrent theme with you? That being you magically appear in any thread with the word "Chem-Trail" and begin throwing out the same talking points...

Do you get bonus points or something?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctormcauley
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Are you intimidated by me?

No just had enough of being accused of posting disinfo because I have differentiating opinions of people. If you really want an answer to your question I have posted a new thread which explains most of it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
No rebar!!!!!

Awwwyou made my night with that one ha ha hahaha ha ha

Anyway, i thought it was worth noting here that cement doesnt seem anywhere near as bad as frogs.

It kicked in!!! I'm happy!

I'm crazy is what i am.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join