It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
For the past couple months I have been studying and practicing astral projection, yet every time that I try I feel that I get close but it just never happens. I have tried every night for the past six months and have also attempted during a few of the days that I have free. With so many failed attempts I went looking even further into the boards and noticed that some people have had luck with an "adept". Now I know that there are others that have been studying this for longer than I have, and have asked for help without receiving it, but I would really, really appreciate it if someone could come and help. I want to experience this so that when I do it on my own I know at least what to look for what sounds I should/should not be hearing and what I should/should not be feeling. I have determinatly made this is one of my life goals ever since hearing and becoming fascinated with this subject. Any help will be most definitely appreciated.

For some reason with me being a new member u2u doesn't work, so if there is anyone out there willing to help but wants to keep their identity hidden, could you email me at [email protected].

Many thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
umm with me being a new member and all I hope you will forgive my mistake lol You can u2u me... so forget about the email I guess.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I can not give you any tips as i have only just started to read a book i bought many years ago Called Astral travel for beginners And so far all i can say is wow i wish i had read the book when i first bought it

Tho in the book it says you should be in a nice warm room Not cold and you should not have had any meat As your body is using energy trying to processes the food Same with Drinking a beer or so

I wish you much luck in your quest to Astral Travel

just keep trying don't let any one knock you My book said any one can do it Some just longer than others

Peace and love and light

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hmm yes thank you duffster... its about what ive been hearing from other people, but for some reason i get the vibrations, they get larger then they recede to smaller ones and as far as ive tried they dont go back p again... is this normal? Am I missing something?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have not gone out of my body yet either. However, there are a lot of online resources. Here's naming a few:

Robert Peterson

PsionicsOnline

Research Forum

I can not say as to what I've had more success with, as I haven't done anything yet. The Research forum post on Astral Projection has some good information too.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
What I suggest is trying one method over and over again. If you switch methods because one isn't working it will never happen. You have to stick with a certain method that works best for you and continue that one.

How far have you gotten? Have you felt tingling sensations yet?

What I experience when I try to go into the astral is a slight tingling sensation on my forehead first usually. Then this sensation spreads to the rest of my body.

I would suggest you try and open up your third eye chakra first as it might be calcified. There are various methods to do this. A quick google search should help you out there.

Sometimes its weird and doesn't happen when you want it to.

I have found in my experiences that my astral travels have been completely random. I just "wake up" in the middle of the night yet I'm still asleep and realize I'm out of my body and walk through my apartment door and try go to outside as far away from my body as possible.

edit: just saw someone created a thread on ats "opening third eye chakra" lol

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-18-2008 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Here's a list of authors, Dr's, adepts, teachers and so forth. (I'm sure you're well aware of) I was able to speak with Mr. William Buhlam sometime ago through email. Google any of these names and a slew of information will come up.

Robert Bruce
Buhlam,William
Stuart Wilde
Robert Peterson
Robert Monroe
Mark H. Pritchard
Dr. Waldo Vieira and
Sylvan J. Muldon

There are also many books, a couple to name;

Astral Projection For Beginners (For Beginners) By: Edain McCoy
Out Of the body Experience: How to have them and what to expect By: Robert Peterson
Astral Projection and the Nature of Reality By: John Magnus
Flying Without A Broom: Astral Projection and the Astral World By: DJ Conway

International Academy of Consciousness is also an extent source which also shelves books in relation's to this. Of course they are a little pricey, but very in depth in relations to projection and what comes along with it.

Website link:International Academy of Consciousness

My questions I have for you are:

Do you Dream ofton?
Are they vivid?
Senses within your Dreams?
Do you achieve Lucidity within these Dreams?
Do you remember your Dreams?

For many I find it easier for them to Project through their Dreams, typically Lucidity.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hi

I've been astral traveling for many years-- the first time was a complete surprise! Like most frequent travelers, I can't always do it when I want to: sometimes it works, sometimes I just get a nice nap

My humble advice is the same advice given to me so many years ago. You are trying too hard. I know, it sounds like the most horrible advice ever. How can I achieve it if I don't try?

I read and read and read, tried every single technique I could find, downloaded all sorts of songs and sounds, and nothing happened. So I made my own technique that was a little bit of the other techniques I had tried. I trashed the bits that didn't work for me, kept the bits that seemed right, and added a few of my own methods. This new moshposh method works for me.

Perhaps, the next time you attempt to leave your body, go into it with a lackadaisical attitude. "I hope to leave my body, but if I don't that is ok too." The base key is to be relaxed, so this "I don't care" attitude will help with that.

And don't beat yourself up if you fall asleep. Some of the best experiences comes when your body is sound asleep! And embrace any differences: some people see a silver cord when they are out of body, some people always feel the vibrations and/or sinking feeling, and some people don't. There is no right or wrong way. I, for one, have never seen the cord, and if I'm feeling the vibrations then I know I probably won't get out. That is just the way it works for me.

I think the biggest thing is to be laid back about it. Sometimes your trips will be long, sometimes short. No big deal either way. Sometimes you excited yourself/scare yourself back into your body. Ah well, next time it will be longer.

If you can find a group of people to travel with then all the better. I belong to an online group and we've made plenty of trips together. This can be weird at times, but educational. Just pick a place, like Stonehenge, and focus on that before you meditate (or whatever your method is).

Again, there is no right or wrong- just whatever works for you. And if nothing works for you yet, just relax and allow it to happen. And it will.

top topics

join